Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The winter hiatus is over and "Community" is back...thank Rao...something to finally watch. It was pretty good. I'm not really liking though how they are treating the Jeff and Annie thing. Seems like they're prolonging things and Jeff's an ass. Nice to see Duncan.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a line from Greg the Bunny pilot which I think covers fancying girlwomen dancing on the jail bait line...

"Give me one reason, one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now?!"

"Prison-Rape."

Annie was way hotter than britta ever was and you're right Jeff has problems, he's really too dysfunctional to be in a relationship with anyone. Hell's I saw Shirley in The Loop from 2006, and it seems that her only re.... Women are beautiful at any wage.

MALCOLM JAMAL WARNER!!!

"Nice sweater."

"Thanks, it was my dads."

Cheap shot at his chidstar infamcy.

Funny as fuck though.

:)

Did you see Yevette on the Soup last week?

"Oh, so you think only ONE black woman can start her own network this week?"

Sure it was scripted but she ripped Joel a new one.

3. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Chang's slow clap had me rolling.

I wonder if we're going to see more of Rich next week, or if he'll just pop up from time to time.

4. Admiral_Young

^ I'm thinking he could be a reoccurring character. Malcolm Jamal Warner's appearance was awesome and I grinned at the Cosby reference. Jeff has had problems since we first were introduced to him. He probably realizes this himself and is one of the reasons he's a womanizer. I think Jeff and Annie make a better couple than Jeff and Britta. Britta's an ass too. I like her though. It was weird seeing them back in live action considering I just happened to see the stop-motion episode again.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The episode was only OK. Being that the show is now up against AI and will most likely be canceled I want every show to be amazing.

yes I have high standards. :p

6. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

It was new last night? Damn... Hopefully OnDemand has it.. It's been kind of inconsistant of late.

Considering AI's debut numbers were way down, I don't think Community has anything to fear just yet.

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

8. bigdaddy

Yeah way down to 22 million viewers. :rolleyes:

I mean really, people go "AI's ratings were down 13%!", it still got 5 times the viewers of Community! The only plus is that Community is pretty stable show on a network of shit.

9. Admiral_Young

^ The first episode of the season always does well. We'll see. I think AI's ratings will slowly plummet during the course of the season.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wait, wait... It's Ryan vs. Joel.

Wow.

11. Admiral_Young

Another good episode. Annie centric which for me is always a good thing. I liked the sub-plot between her and Pierce and Pierce becoming out of control, and Chang having to save the day. I'm curious...how in danger is "Community" of being canceled? It's my favorite show right now and I would be horrified if it was axed.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Aren't this season's ratings hovering around the same overall numbers from last season? I don't know for sure because I didn't start watching until I picked up the DVD from Amazon just before Season Two started. But if the ratings haven't dipped much, and it got renewed with similar numbers last season, hopefully that means they'll renew it for next year. With the change in ownership, though, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be it. :(

13. bigdaddy

Another year and the show still is losing viewers, just not a lot.

A new year and the show costs more money to make.

Another year and another fuck up company is becoming even more powerful and will fuck us with our pants on.

I still haven't seen most of season 1, I missed out on the DVDs for 413 because it's XMas and I had money to spend elsewhere.

14. Admiral_Young

One of the best episodes the show has ever done. I have never played Dungeons and Dragons before despite being curious about it and having friends that have in the past but this was just terrific. The best episodes of this show are when the group are working together to achieve a specific purpose. It was nice having a Fat Neil episode too.

15. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

ADnD is possibly the best episode of the second season so far, and might be my second favorite overall after Modern Warfare from last season.

It is amazing that a bottle episode set in one room could be so awesome.

Pierce is going to need something to redeem himself soon in the eyes of the student group, he's been an ass for two weeks now and logically the other folks should be thinking about tossing him out of the group.

16. Admiral_Young

Not to mention that it's the second bottle episode they've done this year...three if you count "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas". Pierce I think might be going through something personal that he's not telling the group, based on his recent behavior. Remember in the aforementioned Christmas episode he mentions to Abed that he didn't want to go home. I think something is going to be revealed and dealt with pretty soon.

17. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I think Pierce is doing something that will be paid off later this year - they've been doing very good jobs with this over the course of the show. Anyway, what WAS the big deal with Pierce in the wheelchair? It quite suddenly disappeared after they made such a fuss getting him into it, and then just incorporated the chair into, what - one episode afterwards, and a handful of gags? Was there a production reason for it? Did Chevy really break his leg at some point?

Mark

18. Skywalker

He was in the chair for longer than one episode, but it did kind of disappear abruptly. I really do hope they're going somewhere with Pierce this season, because he's been really over the top. Maybe it has something to do with his mother's death.

19. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved this one. And I agree with you guys that something has to be in store for Pierce. He's been too much of a dick lately and they're making him too unlikeable for it to be done without a reason.

He actually had it for 5 episodes. He got it in The Aerodynamicss of Gender (episode 7) and his first episode without it was Asian Population Studies (episode 12).

That's a pretty good run on a show.

20. Skywalker

Yeah, I couldn't remember how many episodes he was in it. A lot of shows would have either skipped it entirely or only left him in the chair for one episode. :lol: