Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought Troy was living with Pierce? If something was happening at home would think Troy would know about it.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not necessarily and by home I meant Pierce's family. Troy lived with Pierce over the summer time but it's not clear yet if they're still living together. Just because he's living at the mansion doesn't mean he knows everything that is going on in Pierce's personal life.

3. Jono

^ Troy is probably still living with Pierce as he mentions they've gone through a number of DVD remotes in the bottle/pen episode and in the ep after the Christmas break mentions going through Pierce's cupboards during the Christmas break.

True that Troy might not notice, he is pretty oblivious to things at times.

4. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

This was my favorite one since the Hallowe'en episode, and maybe even the paintball one. :)

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, these theme episodes they've done have all been awesome. The zombie one might still be my favorite though.

6. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah and then they had to go and add andy dick for a small part . why andy dick the most horrible actor since french stewart .

7. Admiral_Young

Andy Dick is actually quite funny when he's tamed and follows a script. Otherwise yeah don't really like him that much. He fits the show's quirkiness. I missed this week's episode :(

8. flipjack

flipjack Lieutenant Red Shirt

Plus his part was LITERALLY tiny.

9. timothy

why have you seen it ? just kidding . the only time I ever liked andy was when he was new raido and when did guest star on star trek voyager. that was it .

10. Jono

^ That's quite a turn around from this:

Back in the trampoline episode I didn't even realise the Dragonflyer pilot was meant to be Andy Dick, I actually thought it was just the actor who played the Dean.

Shelly was hardly in the episode, since it was a valentines day episode I thought we might see her husband (or is he her ex-husband? I can't quite remember if she is divorced or separated)

11. Admiral_Young

Shelly's seperated. I believe she says this in the bottle episode when Chang forces her to admit they had sex during the Halloween fiasco. She and her husband (Malcom Jamal Warner...I forgot his character's name) had recently reconciled at that point. She was beaming at the start of that episode when she revealed she was pregnant. Shelly was thinking it was her ex's baby.

Are we referring to the Dragonflyer pilot episode now? Wow Timothy if so then yeah that was a very small insignificant cameo. Nothing to get hysterical about. He was shown for like five seconds lol.

12. Jono

^ My quote of tim's is from a thread he started about the Valentines Day episode.

I just brought up the Dragonflyer episode because I didn't realise Andy Dick was the pilot then.

13. Admiral_Young

I`m watching the episode now...see what Timothy`s talking about now. Yeah Andy Dick`s part is just Pierce`s construct due to taking the pills. The librarian is super hot and Britta`s just totally unlikeable. LOL. Finished watching it now. Pretty good low key episode. Britta got a taste of her own medicine for once. Annie wanting to kiss her was amusing lol, I think that stunned Britta. Pierce's problems with the pain killers is probably gonna come to a head pretty soon. The party at Jeff's was okay...a good character evolution episode for Jeff. Duncan is always awesome.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  14. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Casting Andy Dick (who has had a lot of issues with addiction) as the personification of Pierce's addiction, to me, worked.

Kind of like casting Charlie Sheen as a guy named Charlie who drinks and whores around...

It just makes sense.

15. Jono

Plus isn't this the second time we see Greendale "doubles" for the study group? Back in season 1 Troy and Abed have a very brief scene with a pair of security guards who were look-a-likes and now we have had Britta and Annie with not only their look-a-like doubles but at least with Britta pretty much the same personality. I wonder if they'll go the How I Met Your Mother route and show everyone's double.

16. Admiral_Young

Jeff's double would make me shiver...although I think we've been introduced in the anti-Jeff already lol with Rich. Seems Rich's "teachings" have started to pay off already on Jeff. Okay seems I'm wrong about Shirley, her wikipedia article claims she is divorced.

17. Admiral_Young

LeVar Burton is playing himself on "Community" tonight. No idea if he'll be reading the study group a story or not ;) Donald Glover tweeted the other day that Levar was "a tour de force" and this might be Glover's favorite episode.

18. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Shall we take bets on Abed and/or Troy showing up at some point with visors and/or Trek uniforms? :)

19. Admiral_Young

I'm sure there will be some kind of Star Trek reference in the episode...kind of hoping for a Reading Rainbow one too.

20. timothy

*WISH GRANTED* LAVAR BURTON GUEST STARS I forget the Black kid's name but he sings the reading rainbow song in his mind . just awesome pierce rules on revenge.
    LAVAR EVEN mintention's star trek.

THURSDAY NIGHT TELEVISION RULES !!!!!!!!

nbc line up abc and tna wrestling

DVR OVERLOAD