Ok. What is the chance of a Picard spinoff?

Hasn't Disney nabbed Matalas for some Vision tv show? And you know what else Disney owns? Star Wars. They might persuade Matalas to stay for such groundbreaking new tv shows like "Ahsoka saves the galaxy again" and "Thrawn outwits everyone and everything" and that will leave him unavailable for any Trek related spinoff. :guffaw:

Hasn't Disney nabbed Matalas for some Vision tv show?
Yes, that's what we've been talking about the last 3 pages.

More people have seen Discovery's 5th season than Picard's third, according to the neilsens.
I think Picard's numbers were then 300s? Discovery's has been just in the high 200s.

Strange New Worlds Season 2 was also in the 300s iirc

Either way, all 3 shows have been in the Top 10 of Original streaming programming at some point.

They have an Agatha Harkness show under development.
It's been done filming for a while, in post-production now and has a release date.

Given that the MCU has been missing more than hitting as of late...
I'd have to disagree.

I might even find a Shaw prequel series interesting (isn't he dead by the end of PIC s3?)
Terry said if he had his series Shaw would be back some how.

the problem is Disney. Would they be ok with him working for a rival company?
Yes.

Last edited:
Watched more than ST:TOS too.

Star Trek 2009 is also the highest grossing Star Trek movie.

What do these numbers actually translate into in the long term though?

Nothing, because TOS was the only version of Star Trek to turn into a proven global cultural phenomenon, while none of its spin-offs--TNG included--have not come close to earning that distinction / making the same impact. So, no matter what the ratings are for Discoverse Trek (or the box office for the '09 movie), the cultural needle of this group of productions have not moved in a strong, upward direction with the mainstream audience at all. Speaks volumes.

I think Picard's numbers were then 300s? Discovery's has been just in the high 200s.

310 for the week of 13 March, 276 for the week of 10 April, 400 for the week of 17 April.

Picard only made it for three of the eight weeks it was eligible (P+ began sharing data just after the second episode aired). Disco has made it for two of three weeks so far. Edit - three out of four, 8, 15 and 22 April.

Nothing, because TOS was the only version of Star Trek to turn into a proven global cultural phenomenon, while none of its spin-offs--TNG included--have not come close to earning that distinction / making the same impact. So, no matter what the ratings are for Discoverse Trek (or the box office for the '09 movie), the cultural needle of this group of productions have not moved in a strong, upward direction with the mainstream audience at all. Speaks volumes.

Does it "speak volumes" for the new shows to have not done what the Berman era equally failed to do, or for that matter what pretty much every other show, no matter how acclaimed, has failed to do?

Seems a quite bizarre measurement.

Last edited:
Hear that? That sound in the distance? That's the sound of impotent rage coming out of a certain segment of the fandom.
200w.gif

That sound is better than listening to the Freebird solo on a loop for an hour.

Though it does amuse me somewhat that Lord Terry is involved in the remake of a movie which many 90s Trek episodes have done their own variations on its basic storyline.
I'm also picking up a running theme of his showrunning credits:

12 Monkeys - reboot of existing IP
MacGyuver - reboot of existing IP
Picard - continuation of existing IP
Vision - continuation of existing IP
Enemy Mine - reboot of existing IP

It's a pity the streaming bubble has bust. We can't get the 25th century series we need now. At least one good thing is that there's less risk for continuity issues as the Seven show would've budded against STO and what has already been established.

Let's see how Starfleet Academy and SNW do with carrying the baton.

Last edited:
It's a pity the streaming bubble has bust. We can't get the 25th century series we need now. At least one good thing is that there's less risk for continuity issues as the Seven show would've budded against STO and what is has established.

Terry can still be an Executive Producer.

Let's see how Starfleet Academy and SNW do with carrying the baton.

I'm tired of 23rd century Trek.

It's been done, done, and OVERDONE. :shifty:

It's a pity the streaming bubble has bust. We can't get the 25th century series we need now. At least one good thing is that there's less risk for continuity issues as the Seven show would've budded against STO and what is has established.
I'm not writing off anything while the state of Paramount is up in the air. Nothing is certain. After that, depending on where things are, is a different story.
I'm tired of 23rd century Trek.

It's been done, done, and OVERDONE. :shifty:
SFA will be in the 32nd Century, like the second half of Disco, but otherwise, yes, I agree.

Before someone mentions how much 24th/25th Century there's been, most of it was made in 2001 or earlier. So almost 25 years ago or more. In the last quarter-century it's been a lot less. Especially live-action.

Also, this tends to get glossed over, but people here like to act as if 2399-2402 are part of the same era as 2364-2379. Let's take 400 years off of that. That's like saying 1999-2002 were part of the same era as 1964-1979. NO ONE thought of the Turn of the Millennium as being part of the same era as the '60s and '70s. No one.

Not including Short Treks, and only counting from 2017 to 2025 (or '26)...

23rd Century: 69 episodes (29 from Disco S1-S2, 40 from SNW after S3 and S4 are out)
24th Century: 90 half-hour animated episodes (50 of Lower Decks once S5 is out, and 40 of Prodigy once S2 is out)
25th Century: 30 episodes (although technically PIC S1 is in 2399, and seven episodes' worth of S2 are in 2024)
32nd Century: 46 episodes (36 episodes from Disco S3-S5 and presumably 10 episodes of SFA S1)

The Section 31 TV Movie will be a special case. Technically the 24th Century, but it's the Lost Era not the TNG Era.

How many individual episodes of the new series have been set in the 23rd century?

Barely 2 seasons worth of classic Trek I bet.

That ain't nothing. Certainly not enough to get tired of.
Fair point. I think the Kelvin Films and the first two seasons of Disco taking from 2009 to 2019 to come out adds to the perception to make it seem like there's more than there is, because it all took so long.

Also, nothing of the 24th/25th Century from 2002 to 2020 would further add to that perception. Unless you want to include TATV, and I don't think most people want to.

Last edited:
Thank you for doing that. You can see the numbers don't lie. Less than half of the modern shows are set in the 23rd century.

And definitely just less than 2 season's worth of classic Trek seasons. (Crazy how much they used to pump out a year compared to today. Things have changed so much, for better and for worse)

Also, this tends to get glossed over, but people here like to act as if 2399-2402 are part of the same era as 2364-2379. Let's take 400 years off of that. That's like saying 1999-2002 were part of the same era as 1964-1979. NO ONE thought of the Turn of the Millennium as being part of the same era as the '60s and '70s. No one.
The way I look at it, if there's a good possibility that Riker will show up in a season finale to save the day, then it's part of the Riker Era.

Back