Spoilers NO SPOILERS FOR CODA - A Lit-verse Grand Finale...What We Know (Spoilers for Entire Lit-verse)

so we shall see if I shot myself in the foot for future releases or not.
I wouldn't worry. Outside of BIG releases like Harry Potter or Stephen King, book release dates are not regulated. Book stores are allowed to put most new releases on the shelf as soon as the come into the store, regardless if it's before the official release date or not.

Yeah, while this year I’ve been ordering online and having them delivered to my home, in the past I’ve gone in to my local Barnes and Noble like a day or two before the official release date, ask about a book, and they’ll go in back and pull one out for me to go ahead and buy then.

I wouldn't worry. Outside of BIG releases like Harry Potter or Stephen King, book release dates are not regulated. Book stores are allowed to put most new releases on the shelf as soon as the come into the store, regardless if it's before the official release date or not.
I forget how the cashier worded it, but she was pretty sure that it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
It's just that Star Trek/Star Wars/other sci-fi/fantasy/etc releases at the local B&N I go to, have been spotty at best this year. Pretty reliable store for releases before COVID, but since this year, not everything has been in stock on release day. I go to another B&N occasionally and it has so much more. And then a recent batch of re-released SW books were in stock at my usual B&N.

Just checking Amazon.uk for when this is released in these parts, the ebook of Moments Asunder is out on Tuesday, but the Hardcopy is out on Thursday 14th October which seems pretty random.

I'll just have to (happily) "double dipp", order the ebook for Tuesday and await a text from my local bookshop for my hardcopy.

I forget how the cashier worded it, but she was pretty sure that it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
General rule of thumb, if it scans at the cash register, there's nothing to worry about. I remember a local Best Buy had a problem with stocking DVDs before their release date, but if you tried to buy one, as soon as it scanned at the register a message would show up at the register saying it's before the release date and it can't be sold.
Pretty reliable store for releases before COVID, but since this year, not everything has been in stock on release day.
Alas, that's pretty much the sad truth for anything anywhere you go these days. Even Amazon doesn't always deliver by release date since the pandemic, though their record the past few months has been pretty good.

General rule of thumb, if it scans at the cash register, there's nothing to worry about. I remember a local Best Buy had a problem with stocking DVDs before their release date, but if you tried to buy one, as soon as it scanned at the register a message would show up at the register saying it's before the release date and it can't be sold.

Alas, that's pretty much the sad truth for anything anywhere you go these days. Even Amazon doesn't always deliver by release date since the pandemic, though their record the past few months has been pretty good.
I work at a Dicks Sporting Goods, and shoes for example end up on the sales floor early, and if so, we can't sell them.
First World problems.

I just want La Forge to not be married to Brahms in any way, shape, or form, as the very concept makes my skin crawl.

Yeah, there really is just no salvaging that as a romance. And, having just recently reread the Genesis Wave series, the fact that it was front and center there, with the narrative basically trying to clean up matters so that they could get together (her husband dies, the marriage was on the rocks anyway, Geordi is respecting her mourning by not trying to push in, isn’t he nice for that? Are you rooting for them yet, readers?) just set my teeth on edge all through.

Yeah, there really is just no salvaging that as a romance. And, having just recently reread the Genesis Wave series, the fact that it was front and center there, with the narrative basically trying to clean up matters so that they could get together (her husband dies, the marriage was on the rocks anyway, Geordi is respecting her mourning by not trying to push in, isn’t he nice for that? Are you rooting for them yet, readers?) just set my teeth on edge all through.

Oddly that was my next read. I was always hoping that Geordie just met some random girl named Leah.

Wasn't noveleverse Geordi dating 2 girls at once due to a lil' bit of author misalignment?

Well, I can't speak to "author misalignment", perhaps the authors in question in question will answer that, but AFAIK he is/was in a semi-casual relationship with Leah, but also in a relationship with IIRC Dr Tamala Harstad of the Enterprise.

Wasn't noveleverse Geordi dating 2 girls at once due to a lil' bit of author misalignment?
I haven't caught up to the retcon that explains it yet, but yeah, in Indistinguishable from Magic, Geordi has broken up with Tamala "Took Her Nine Years to Get a Memory Beta Page" Harstead and begins a relationship with Leah, but in Silent Weapons, he's still dating Tamala with no mention of Leah.

Well, I can't speak to "author misalignment", perhaps the authors in question in question will answer that, but AFAIK he is/was in a semi-casual relationship with Leah, but also in a relationship with IIRC Dr Tamala Harstad of the Enterprise.

I haven't caught up to the retcon that explains it yet, but yeah, in Indistinguishable from Magic, Geordi has broken up with Tamala "Took Her Nine Years to Get a Memory Beta Page" Harstead and begins a relationship with Leah, but in Silent Weapons, he's still dating Tamala with no mention of Leah.
Well, at least she survived the first book. I can't say that for a lot of the Enterprise-E crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back