NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

We also broke the sound record. 136.6 decibels... whoa...
    I was honestly wondering how long the game would be delayed.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

The Cowboys go down to the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Most Cowboys fans will choose to blame Romo but I feel the real problem is Demarco Murray and his 12 carries for a whopping 25 yards. It appears Romo will be forced to through 40 or 50 times a game again. Going to be a long season. Possibly for the entire NFC East as well.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Well, let's see...

My Rams played a good second half against Atlanta, but it wasn't enough. 69 yards of rushing is not going to cut it!

:scream:

Seattle looks pretty serious. Very tough.

The Chiefs are 2-0? Great Googily Moogily!

Peyton Manning...he's a sorcerer, that one.

:lol:

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Murray was literally the only thing good about the Cowboys last week, so perhaps the issue is the defense keyed on him while the rest of the offense failed to produce? I don't know, I didn't watch the game, but I know he was one of the shining stars last week.

5. Use of Time

Kind of. I mean Murray had 20 carries for 86 yards last week. That is decent but it was a very workmanlike performance. It certainly wasn't scary enough to have the Chiefs focusing on him. The bright spots for the Cowboys last week were Austin and Witten getting 10 catches each while Dez was blanketed.

The Chiefs did a good job of shutting off Romo's safety valve in Witten and Austin was only targeted a few times as well. Alex Smith isn't the flashiest QB in the game but will rarely lose a game with turnovers. Arrowhead is usually a tough venue for traveling teams.

Oh well. It is early and at least the rest of the NFC East went down as well.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. tighr

Murray also had 8 catches for 39 yards.

7. Use of Time

Great, but it still means that Dallas hasn't changed any offensive philospohy with Callahan calling plays now. They are still a pass happy team that will live and die with the arm of Tony Romo. Murray was expected to take something off of Romo's plate this year and it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

[​IMG]

Tomorrow is not only Andy Reid returning to Philly, but Donovan McNabb having his jersey retired. I think both players will get cheers with some boos as well (Reid likely will be slightly louder, but I could see people consciously cheering McNabb louder to drown out the people who will be booing). For Reid, of course, it's just a one time thing. It's hard to boo an opposing coach during a game, but if does anything to draw attention to himself, he will be booed then.

Both people brought great times to Philly, but it was also clear by the time they left that they weren't going to be able to repeat their success and it was time for a change. It's cool that they're both there on the same day, though.

9. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Browns just traded Trent Richardson for the Colts' next first round draft pick.

And this is why the Browns are in a permanent state of rebuilding.

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

They need Bernie Kosar back.

11. 1001001

I just saw that.

Man they're giving up on the season early.

:lol:

Brandon Weeden is hurt, so they might have to start Jason Campbell. Good Lord....

12. tighr

Woooo!

Roll Tide, and go Big Blue! Best news ever for my two favorite teams!

13. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Wasn't Richardson their best player....who they drafted #3 overall just a year ago? And they've given up on him already, for what'll likely be just a mid-first round pick in the 2014 draft?

Seems pretty dumb. Though maybe they're looking to challenge Jacksonville for 0-16, so they can draft #1 overall this time.

[Also, they've named Brian Hoyer their started QB for Sunday, not Jason Campbell.]

EDIT: Cleveland even hosts Jacksonville this season, on Dec. 1. They'll be playing for the #1 draft pick!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  14. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Mark Schlereth tweeted that's like punting on first down.

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One theory I've read is that this is a sign that the new management is going into full-blown rebuild (?) mode and plan to redo everything... including replace their QB (that's right- Weeden, the other first round pick from the same year, might be out the door as well). Having 2 first round picks, including one that's potentially pretty high might be enough to trade up into great position to grab a high-value QB.

Seems like they're throwing the baby out with the bath water. You don't rebuild a roster by chucking the best players first.

16. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

But those players may well be the only way you can position yourself as necessary... or at least have a chance to. Trust me... I am no Browns fan, and Richardson seems pretty great to me.... but this is just me trying to understand why the Browns management are doing what they are doing. Even so... that fanbase may only have so much patience and forgiveness in them

17. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Weeden was a late first round pick who has been playing poorly, and is 29 years old. So giving up on him doesn't seem so odd, if there are indeed some quality 1st round QBs for the taking in the 2014 draft (though of course that decision doesn't have to be made until the season is over). It's giving up on Richardson as well (and doing it now, two games into the season) that makes this so strange. Again, unless they're deliberately trying to make the team as bad as possible so they can draft #1 overall.

18. 1001001

The Chiefs move to 3-0. Was that 5 turnovers by Philly?

Alex Smith and Andy Reid seem to have found a home.

19. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

The Chiefs look pretty good this year and Alex Smith is performing better than I ever expected.

Maybe I jinxed Vick by starting him in fantasy over RGIII. He played awful.

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, please don't do that again :p

Vick has never been great at decision-making and our offensive line played poorly (the KC defensive line is pretty good). Combining those factors and there was a recipe for turnovers (plus a whole lot of near-interceptions and batted down passes). I don't ever recommend starting Vick simply because you never know which Vick you'll get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.