NFL 2017 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by the 4th hanson bro, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Who the hell is Deshone Kizer?

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Browns QB

Ar-Pharazon and BillJ like this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

That explains a lot.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

To be fair, only one starting QB in the league had Hue Jackson as a head coach. :eek:

I saw a couple of Kizer's games, with some patience and a better offensive coordinator/QB coach he might actually turn into something decent.

So... the Browns will take either Darnold or Rosen number one and start the cycle of QB misery all over again.

5. Ar-Pharazon

The Browns should be removed from the NFL.

Tanking is one thing, but when a team has done it so many years that they can't stop losing, they need to go.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Just for fun, when did the fans turn on Brady and the team? Entertaining watching outsiders declare this, but not seeing it :lol:

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I mean, sorta, yes, but then again, used to say the same thing about the Cubs. Took them 108 years to win another championship and they didn't get kicked out, so the Browns are still fairly new at this ;)

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the sake of NFL competition I bet 29 other teams hope that happens.

BillJ likes this.
  9. Ar-Pharazon

The Cubs sucked, absolutely. Tanking? Maybe the year or two after Ricketts bought the team. It's harder to tell when a team is trading good older players for young talent the way they were.

The Browns definitely seemed to be tanking. Hard to tell if they're still trying to lose now or just don't care, but they're taking down any poor #1 pick with them. A shame there's no avenue for denying a team like this their 1st round pick as punishment for intentional losing.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Astros were tanking, everyone kinda liked them last year...

11. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The Cubs absolutely tanked during the first few years of the Epstein / Hoyer regime. You don't trot out guys like Nate Schierholtz and Luis Valbuena, with Dale Sveum running the team, if you aren't looking to lose a shit-ton of games and optimize your draft position.

12. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty steep for an NFL salary but not that unusual in the NBA. One of the things I like is the length of the contract. It lets assistant coaches know that that there is reason for the expectation (at least) of longevity. Puts Reggie McKenzie in a weird position, though.

It's "official" more or less. with Gruden's farewell acknowledgement at the start of the Chiefs - Titans game. I'm stoked about next season.

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Not surprising. Fans never see themselves as others see them. Just look at Philadelphia until Wentz came and...well...went.

When Brady started faltering this year - and by faltering, I mean playing just a hair less than godlike perfect and having less than an unbeaten season - all of a sudden there were allegations that he was getting too old. Even Brady himself admitted that he and Gronk are getting too old to party with the younger members of the team. I suspect that it much of it came from the pundits at ESPN and elsewhere, rather than the fans themselves, but c'mon - don't be in denial about what's been said. It's like watching the lemming-like Denverites who have been in denial about what's been said about jolly old Saint Elway, both from within and without Mile High stadium. And it was downright hilarious how the whole region up there shit a brick when they found out that both Belichick and Brady were pro-Trump. Sycophants are funny to watch. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  14. BillJ

The Browns are going to force it at QB with the #1 pick, either Darnold (a turnover machine) or Rosen (Ryan Leaf, Part II?). I can't see either developing with the growing pains the Browns are going through and either a new head coach mid-2018, or 2019.

This has Steve Young or Vinny Testaverde in Tampa Bay written all over it.

15. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It's just kind of hilarious, considering Mark Davis was pleading poverty due to the Coliseum as part of his Las Vegas negotiations, and since coach contracts are fully guaranteed, he just got himself on the hook for a hundred million bucks.

Also, ten years for a guy who hasn't coached in almost a decade. :lol:

16. BillJ

Davis definitely went all-in on Gruden. We'll know in a few years if it was a mistake or not. :eek:

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Despite a very questionable forward progress negates a fumble call, Chiefs choked that game away.

18. BillJ

Andy Reid has never been a big game coach.

19. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still no home playoff win for the Chiefs since the 90s.

20. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, and I loved it! After the game and just as ESPN was preparing for their post game show, some fan starts yelling into a hot mike "welcome back Grudy!", and "go Raiders!". Raiders fans... :beer: