New project - TOS Enterprise 1341-foot version full interior 3D model

@ashefivekay here's how I made the square lights (called Ice Tray Lights by the team who did Star Trek Continues. They also have detailed dimensions on this and other props).

SAO-qTH4AqmnrAnMJ0K_EfZ9UpBsmO7XlM1BykT9G_4l2DUW0QJagUMCNTqKmT0qknJ90cCUg1kOL7orBMBH1x4MyhZyqp_IzqIygtHpvTbzFYznQW82KB5y6o2gYaJ_yod_EjZjbCzpVhRM342LfD7Ru7f1pMs22BwcG7lPBH2Zq6VjMB2C1_rc_NWlJf3Zf4u0xi3j2zGGjR7rsSLFtm2z0SH5NfcxD8TP_jhP2PqP4TuGJn_fc9gNaHHa2R59yT-r9eQr31xtpiy9gy5fK4-s0-s5qKkO_pB3EqCBjk46ZEs-K8eqvdvHLpPaP0gVH4ckmEV9gDArRYu5crqFnq3Fun_1_nRwQDdJqzQprZIeFWq3hxrRyr9pP83aX_p1mMSqJR9mQAZv7tlwW7iuKmr5bLrAzMuwIkTPB70E7iLwFLgg8Vl_w7kIbkfaB-lCrsq6ErC35XQxXQJdDNiW7Wei3EtQUTymmLDHFaP1CLefuLI777ax5nFi226hzo348LK-_uf_xDnHtY1DRVrppZsx2aaUWmq414oGjIasbtUeJAyRVM_IDlooXita4yuQVQtBNvpZtW_n1g2ebLGvl083ea3dVLkKTzuUvVLZXI9zHBNYQxcZzbL0zTOTUVzFYKkysce-vGlpfkAXDBsjklA802yBK_0Nx34czdp2fEK3Pk4by-NWAStmKlkFf18VyFZ_BXCD1XcSdIlPTMW8KuJrCJn6aLvFh65zP3U3xKsiA0Xf6JDz9fWbM6bw=w853-h805-no

Hi @Toddard - I seem to be seeing a broken image. Are you able to see it?

Thanks @Toddard ! Based on your images I think you can get a very close look by not making the bottom surface emissive if you decide to revisit the buttons.

Thanks @Toddard ! Based on your images I think you can get a very close look by not making the bottom surface emissive if you decide to revisit the buttons.
I was going to suggest that only the drilled surface inside each ice cube button should be emissive. (But yes, you definitely don’t want to make the bottom of the button emissive. After all, you’re trying to emulate a little bitty Christmas light inside each button… which is roughly the shape of that drilled bit…)

I was going to suggest that only the drilled surface inside each ice cube button should be emissive. (But yes, you definitely don’t want to make the bottom of the button emissive. After all, you’re trying to emulate a little bitty Christmas light inside each button… which is roughly the shape of that drilled bit…)

AM-JKLV3iS7OyDJQzeExHHjLv4awIgfX2r94RsIwfhyF0yzyMMgTH15JbgmwCH8okyFbGT3MxZatsTl4GKkcr1aiP4t7lKWCjD96MsHMYAwIWJUUTgd7lkEQhm8du28I-FbwUFCkqapPq-6s4GObjx09SrbR7Q=w948-h379-no

Thanks @Professor Moriarty , that looks promising. I'll make the changes to have a better look in the context of a populated control panel. Original design with bottom of button illuminated up top. Updated per your suggestion to make only drilled hole emissive at the bottom.

Today's topic: Data cards.

AM-JKLW0Pl461z9DkJnQBqfB201YcO8gUozO8PngFsPlBk0WL5o88TIdCf0dPXhAPsmuaZaLwsmp8nwShxyrSD398kD8JqLr5xen8aVu5zbtb2BjxXXSU-DAp70YHfJcwAhrY6sdmuagkpj5cCBSTzXJZztU-w=w1401-h906-no

AM-JKLXiJxkG5NgJk5ByWASFTTHVoRb5ObGZe5We8fNzlnQA5BmIBKcxfFMMqNmLd2FjEnNkYWgoNV2yZAZFRDmbD_GpMcMAEzV3S1CtGc4JZm9BFNHz74e_UTPnUvCdxi2Qgk0E0IZvmZSOxWvU5gLi3xjeVw=w1541-h877-no

So many colors, so many ways to randomly stack them. Frankly it is a pain to stack a bunch of different ones on top of each other, staggered and rotated to look like an actual human had done it. I thought to myself, why take an extra few minutes to place each one individually every time I need a stack when I can spend the next four hours to create a geometry node that does the same thing?

AM-JKLU4Z1E49qlIG1cHxMoclNrznjHfUzR48SpwX-4gy2HYd6J_JQICB2kegBuKjH3sMRXUjYH6DAnANmT35u3ZP6d1KJaOCNOgxeNvGDvBTVWJFf000W2ItgymCtbbqmlLuikFXeQwG7T9ptRPz4-DGDzj-w=w2229-h829-no

Now I can place a single card on a desk, then use sliders to change the height of the stack, colors, x-y offsets, and rotation. Sooooooo much easier!

But hey, I did learn a lot about geometry nodes.

Today's topic: Data cards.

So many colors, so many ways to randomly stack them. Frankly it is a pain to stack a bunch of different ones on top of each other, staggered and rotated to look like an actual human had done it. I thought to myself, why take an extra few minutes to place each one individually every time I need a stack when I can spend the next four hours to create a geometry node that does the same thing?

Now I can place a single card on a desk, then use sliders to change the height of the stack, colors, x-y offsets, and rotation. Sooooooo much easier!

But hey, I did learn a lot about geometry nodes.

That's very cool! Thanks for sharing that :techman:

This is wild and awesome! But I just woke up and I read the title wrong and thought you were building a scale model of the Enterprise and it's interiors, like a big Barbie doll house. I thought you were 3D printing everything a few pieces at a time. Hahaha! But I love the idea of this one so much and appreciate how much effort you're putting in!

Back