New project - TOS Enterprise 1341-foot version full interior 3D model

Welll, now that we’ve established your bonafides as someone who’s batshit insane for tackling a Herculean task like this :wtf: it sure looks like you’re off to a good start! What will you do when you’ve caught up to Jim’s work? Last I checked he was only halfway down the dorsal neck on his blueprints..:
LOL! I'm in regular contact with Jim and I keep sending him renders to inspire him to continue his work on the 1341-foot version of his blueprints. Maybe I'll just improvise in the secondary hull and drive him crazy with my design decisions until he feels compelled to correct my mistakes :rommie:. Seriously though, I hope he does complete that work. It's great stuff.

I'm not sure if it is because you haven't posted enough to unlock the Image button in the forum editor. If you have then try this:
1. Right-click on your image in google photos and select Copy Image Location or Copy Image Link (depends on your browser). It'll look like this long link:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...Nkgnn4SPTe7sR119yw7w=w1667-h936-no?authuser=0
2. Click on the Image button
3. Paste in the URL in the Image URL field
AM-JKLVPl9HWdPisf6rLZt9cCNf5UjGltqBw0pByjJDBFtxHEOjpU0BwYjr1TzFn6LsAPtoWV8wNMf94ZeGweVLimG1rQSPSA1JcZSrRzkkAdeTv9BwRsi4EhrgVOaEGqdaSKnjmK9Nkgnn4SPTe7sR119yw7w=w1667-h936-no

amazing work from both, the 947ft is unworkable at least for me when I started building mine, in 2016/17. I ended up with 1311.5ft long but in the last few years, I thought a little larger would help.1341ft is better again.

watching with interest

I've always preferred working with the 947' for (most of) my own stuff, but that's no reason to not enjoy this amazing project. :luvlove:

I'm loving everything I'm seeing here, and I'm greedily waiting for more!

(I also must chime in to echo that there's no reason you should be worried about a C&D as long as there's no publicly available interactive content and/or no sales.)

Started in on the Aux Control Room consoles. I futzed around with a bunch of different lighting solutions for the buttons before coming up with my own. I think they look pretty good but would like some constructive criticism on what I could do to make it better. Thanks!

AM-JKLXs3Kfgdfloj2l3TLNv4ScEJb0j2iBFCPuBdqz_IztBF74tKo3Qoiv3t5TspsS5Psz_PKBLJHgDOCC6nwIMVwmU0L3SDad_4lX9awTLINAyEzjyTRkAavk0n-6jUTQ_3zQLP-lLmgMRdTByIzWs3PPUxA=w2292-h1209-no

AM-JKLUyvUOVTBLK8XOhQFOarl6JAQTlG4epYpTv2KQu4bkl9B5JTPxQHJLmSCqL95-_5P9i_ku7ZooVfq6t0fQ6n6_E3kKajVv134CTz3ES7XN1D0fyFAGPSsd5EjcUrQiS0wiamv-eU1FAyODY8jzRliX6XQ=w2292-h1209-no

Started in on the Aux Control Room consoles. I futzed around with a bunch of different lighting solutions for the buttons before coming up with my own. I think they look pretty good but would like some constructive criticism on what I could do to make it better. Thanks!

I think the lighting you have on the buttons look good but is too bright for that panel. In the shots I've seen the colored button lights primarily the top and the corners of the button while the core is dark. You can see that in this shot (compare the lit green button on the left with the other two that are not).

Edit: Interesting. That panel is on this side in "The Changeling" but swapped with the other panel in "Doomsday Machine" and "The Way to Eden". Hadn't noticed that before.

Last edited:
Agree, the lights are too bright but that’s about it for criticism—the effect works really well. If you build a light the way that it actually works in the real world (in this case, a light filament encased in the middle of a Perspex-molded button that subtly refracts and distorts the filament), it’s gonna look like the real deal! Turn down the intensity and perhaps up the dispersion a tidge and I’d say you’ll have nailed it.

Here's another shot at the lights. They are dimmer (thanks for the tips above), but I still don't like the look of them somehow. I've spent a lot of time tweaking over the last two days, so I'll leave them as-is for now and come back to them later.

AM-JKLUz-x6Rdg5Wljs-xw-kcOCPTep2uQHlr_f7UoFX7ov5DILrUb_phwLzoE5143u5rCDc0phTOk3zyKl3AdKVpsi6GLw--4avqx7GJboI2qfv00ElVRAPpyER_qVyQ8-c3KbWiDnYF1gGAGGWsisoeHAkTQ=w2428-h1280-no

AM-JKLXxIkxasvttzoDam86BaATSOhfrnQ1X3dUpg-wMNsEFM7y0DnaxMbJs14JxckM0k75v9sTNkgqzNZZmsCQFeZ7p9rhTohrXv3I8Alhc75V4qrm14_FuH3zKRUdLdx4-TzprlNwPbPlUz3FcFjs75jtmuw=w2428-h1280-no

Back