LUTHER: The Fallen Sun

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by STEPhon IT, Jan 22, 2023.

1. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The BBC series has been good; love what was done so far. There was a teaser which didn't have much to see on Netflix and I hope to have an actual trailer. Are there members here who are fans of the series and is there anything you'd like to see in this new movie?

Bixby likes this.
  2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have really enjoyed Luther. I wasn't too keen on the last season/series overall, but I think a good movie could do him justice again. I just want a good story.

STEPhon IT likes this.
  3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I really loved Luther. I'd like to see how in the hell he could possibly get out of this jam without prison time. But seeing all that went down, and all that Luther did, I think that possibility is fairly slim, so I would really like to see how the writers handle it.

The Nth Doctor and STEPhon IT like this.
  4. STEPhon IT

The last couple of series (4 & 5) I thought they dragged stories which could've been told in one or two episodes, but I was glad to see the characters back. I was stunned at the end of it and how reminiscent it was to the teaser from the pilot episode.
    DSU Schenk must have some suspicion George Cornelius had something to do with the chain of events that happened. In London, do they consider a copper's sentence based on the outstanding duties they perform in the line of duty? I'm hoping that was under consideration or Schenk had it resolved or DCI Luther had time served by the beginning of the movie? Maybe. Probably not.

auntiehill likes this.
  5. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One of my favorite series, Idris Elba and especially Ruth Wilson are fabulous...
    Yet, how the heck the guy hasn't been thrown into a dark cell by now is beyond me, but I love watching it...

STEPhon IT likes this.
  6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'm a huge fan of the show, even as it got more and more ridiculous and I'll watch more as long as Idris Elba is interested in doing them.

But it's going to be damn weird to watch the show with no more Alice.

STEPhon IT likes this.
  7. STEPhon IT

I don't believe Alice is dead; the climax was so similar to what happened to Henry Madsen. It seems crazies have 9 lives in Luther; the only reason Madsen died was because of the hands of Alice. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alice wakes up from a coma somewhere in the movie.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'll admit I was going to be skeptical about Ruth miraculously surviving, but according to this Collider article, Ruth Wilson is indeed returning. They don't say how but I wonder if she'll be a figment of Luther's imagination, haunting and mocking him as he tries to capture the serial killer.

auntiehill and STEPhon IT like this.
  9. STEPhon IT

Luther did love Alice in his own way; I am convince it was anger that triggered her to kill her parents. I don't buy what Luther mentioned in Series 5, it was meaningless and no motive. We see how betrayal or the thought of betrayal really erupts her; the sign of it was when she killed Madsen and Luther was pissed off at her and didn't want to see her again. She exploded in a blind rage that scared me. There must be some element where there's some MK Ultra programming going on with her parents where she could be at Oxford University at 13 years old. This mind bending technique had consequences and something went wrong IMO.