I've ben watching Person Of Interest

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gingerbread Demon, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Before acting she trained for ballet but had to drop out due to injury

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished The Crossing... I'm pissed. Charter died!!! No!! She was a favorite of mine, probably my favorite after Harold.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Charter? ;)

The actress who played Carter had bigger roles offered to her, and has gone on to a very successful career. I can't fault her for that. However, I liked the character of Carter a great deal.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was funny to see how polarizing Person of Interest became when it "transformed" into something more. Suddenly all these websites were gushing over how great of a show it was, while the stereotypical CBS audience who thinks NCIS is fresh and exciting was whining and complaining that they weren't getting a cookie cutter episodic procedural where nothing carried over from episode to episode.

Gingerbread Demon and bigdaddy like this.
  5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Yeah. CBS was definitely the wrong network for the show. Funny thing, though, I think the reason they initially made the first two seasons more procedural was to sell it to the audience, and I think the show is better for it.

Non sequitur much?

bigdaddy likes this.
  6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Charter is my cable company. :hugegrin:

What I read is they got rid of Carter to move more into sci-fi storytelling. I'm hoping she had her Empire role before leaving. She is a wonderful actor.

I like the cop show, it's good as a cop show too. I mainly started watching it for the sci-fi and aliens. :shifty:

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I have mixed feelings on CBS's pressure to keep the show procedural and case-of-the-week-driven. On the one hand, it meant that it took way, way too long for the show to begin exploring its potential. All the cop-corruption stuff just bored me after a while. But on the other hand, in the later seasons, I felt the continued focus on the numbers of the week helped keep the show focused on its core message that every individual mattered, at a time when it was at risk of losing sight of that in its pursuit of its bigger story arc.