If it's should that be another stargate series

EmoBorg

Commodore
Commodore
If the powers to be were to resurrect the stargate franchise and produce another stargate series, what theme should the new show take?

Stargate SG-1 type of show. Standard Adventure/Military science fiction type of show.

Stargate Atlantis type of show. A more lighthearted approach in the stargate franchise.

Stargate Universe type of show. A darker themed approach in the stargate franchise.Stargate Infinity type of show. An animated series.

I just hope they'd incorporate a mini series connection for SG-U... Obviously they wouldn't get many of the original cast, but probably a few if it's a limited commitment.

If they ever decide to reboot SG-1 with the same characters, they should really try to get Billy Burke to play Jack O'Neill.

I'd settle for a SG TV movie that introduced a crossover to one of my favorite shows of all time (and which definitely seems Stargate-ish in its concept): Otherworld.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8idvQeM0kA[/yt]

With almost no rewriting, that show could EASILY fit into the SG canon.

As long as it avoids teeny angsty crap and girl making the fat guy a "friend" when he "loves" her while she chooses the cliche hot young military guy... even after he carries her injured ass around the ship. :rolleyes:

The darker approach of Stargate Universe with the competent and fun characters of SG1 or SGA. The bunch of ignorant, scheming idiot assholes they wrote for SGU was absolutely horrible.

O'Neill or Sheppard would have held the whole gang together like pros, and Carter or McKay would have repaired the ship and searched for a way back like pros, and Jackson would have analyzed the database and searched for the bridge and other vital systems like a pro.

I like the drama more when things go wrong even though people do their best. I hate it when things go wrong in fiction just because people are absolutely stupid. If people make mistakes and bad decisions, then it have to be mistakes and bad decisions that I can relate to. None of the stupid shit that happened in the show was anywhere close to being relatable.

Such as? I'd say if anything, the crew holding together as well as they did was the least believable thing about it. It didn't go anywhere near as 'Lord of the Flies' as I'd have liked it to. I can't recall any character really acting stupidly either. They certainly never acted like square-jawed heroes, but then, human beings almost never do.

O'Neill or Sheppard would have held the whole gang together like pros, and Carter or McKay would have repaired the ship and searched for a way back like pros, and Jackson would have analyzed the database and searched for the bridge and other vital systems like a pro.

And Teal'c/Ronon Dex/Telya Emmagan would have kicked enemy **** like a pro.

And it everyone would have played happy families and it would have been boring as hell.

An SG-1 style show would be the best bet, since that's what proved to be successful.

Atlantis was successful.

And Teal'c/Ronon Dex/Telya Emmagan would have kicked enemy **** like a pro.

Yup. :)

And it everyone would have played happy families and it would have been boring as hell.
Not at all. A show doesn't get boring just because people are NOT unprofessional, incompetent dicks.
In fact, having well adjusted protagonists who generally get along makes it easier for you to like and therefore care about them, which enhances the drama. Having a cast full of people who argue about everything all the time just results in wishing most of the characters would die.

Back