IDW Star Trek Ongoing...

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by serenitytrek1, Nov 21, 2012.

1. xavier

xavier Commander

October 29th 2014.

2. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

3. British Khan

British Khan Ensign Red Shirt

4. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Hasn't that already happened? Smh.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Just advertising hoping to get new people to jump on.

6. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

7. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I think this is the third time now since STID, that IDW has gone with this banner: "EMBARK on a new five-year mission!" only to be sidetracked by either running Spock to Vulcan, or the Klingons attacking, etc etc.

8. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

thank you but maybe I'm blind but there is everything but the new release date :lol:

thanks!

:guffaw:
    notice how lazy the artist is. They traced the actors faces from existing stills and caps (literally copy --> paste) and put them on bodies that quite don't match the proportions of their faces.
    Scotty and McCoy have the same body but flipped, ditto for Uhura and Chekov (they just added some curves to her)

and they have no neck :eek:

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Uhh, no, they don't. McCoy is leaning back and shown from an upward-looking angle, while Scotty is hunched forward and shown from a downward-looking angle. I'll grant that Uhura and Chekov have similar poses, but there are still differences in the positioning of their limbs.

Still, it is kind of an awkward collage. Why is small Uhura overlapping in front of big Kirk? Has she been shrunk? And the whole "diving sideways with two guns firing" action pose is just silly.

10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I was attempting to give you three sites that routinely give the release dates as they are known. ie. Watch those spaces regularly.

The other place to check out regularly would be "Previews", the monthly orderpak used by comic shops and their customers to place orders three months in advance. There is usually a browsing copy in shops.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  11. Enterprise1701

I bet they're going to progress the in-universe year of the grand "start" of the five-year mission to 2262, following the previous comics all with 2261 stardates despite the fact that the epilogue of Star Trek Into Darkness was sometime around New Year's Day 2260.

Y'know, I don't get why this this blurb says that the Enterprise will be beyond explored space. Haven't they already been surveying planets uncharted by Starfleet in Parallel Lives, Lost Apollo, and The Q Gambit? And beyond communication with Starfleet? I admit that they contacted Starfleet during the former two, but back in "Parallel Lives, Part 1", Jane Kirk mentioned subspace relays, which presumably the prime Enterprise was in contact with as well. Can't the Enterprise just lay down more subspace relays? And why haven't they already been out of contact with Starfleet ever since after leaving Qo'noS in The Khitomer Conflict? They were originally supposed to depart Deep Space Station K-11 for and I quote from Kirk, "our journey into uncharted space". Oh and Kirk also mentions "before we're out of reach of any subspace relays".

Agh, I really hate advertising which is (likely to be) outright lies.
    Apologies for not actually knowing, but I generally find that IDW releases issues of Star Trek on the very last Wednesday each month.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  12. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Ongoing #38 and CotEoF #5 are still MIA, right? I don't see them listed for either this week (the 29th) or next week (the 5th) on the PreviewsWorld website. They're both already weeks late, and if they don't show up till the 12th, then they will come the same Ongoing #39 is scheduled to come out...

13. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

14. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

15. Enterprise1701

So IDW failed us for October? *snort*

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^On the other hand, this could mean two for November. I'm not saying it will, just that it could. IDW did something similar with their Doctor Who comics last year.

17. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Is there a site that displays the numbers of copies sold for each of the comics?

18. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

19. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Those are both great - thank you!

20. loghaD

loghaD Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014