How to kill off Roseanne (The Character) Between this Reboot and Whatever Comes Next?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Jun 2, 2018.

?

How to kill off Roseanne (The Character)?

1. Dies from complications to Knee Surgery.

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Overdose of Pain Medication.

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  3. Pneumonia from flood in the Basement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Teaching Harris (darlene's punk daughter) to Drive.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm with John Goodman that ABC over reacted in canceling Roseanne as quickly as they did. However Roseanne Barr since then has been flat out fucking crazy and completely got what she deserved.

My favorite is the talk of right wingers that Fox Network should give her a new sitcom. She can't act but also it will be owned by ABC within a year, so that's just stupid.

About as stupid as Tim Allen making ads for Last Man Standing making fun of ABC... who will own his show when Disney takes over.

Just keep your mouth shut when on TV shows.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

[Benedict Cumberbatch] Nope. [/Benedict Cumberbatch]

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Killing her character off is the best solution. Putting her in a coma, going into rehab, or writing her out some other way just encourages people to wonder when Roseanne will be back on the show. It's best to shut that door completely.

However, let's remember that Roseanne Connor is not Roseanne Barr. I don't want Mrs. Connor treated with disrespect just because the actor who plays her is a crazy racist. Let's not go the Charlie Sheen route on this where the actor/character is mocked and derided after he was fired.

4. bigdaddy

Exactly. If Roseanne Barr had a medical issue where she could return than write her into rehab. She is never coming back and anyone who thinks Roseanne Connor isn't dead is just not thinking logically. She's dead, you address it in the first episode and move on.

However you can do a little mocking. Have Leo come back and say he only returned because a dark cloud was lifted over town.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, you've got do a little mocking. I laughed at your Leo example. I just don't want her character demonized like Charlie Harper was on Two and a Half Men.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  6. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Have her join SPACE FORCE!!!

Guy Gardener likes this.
  7. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

First pic from The Connors. Let’s hope it goes well.
    [​IMG]

8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice pic!

Just read a bit about it in Tv Guide and they mentioned about a Halloween episode! :) Loved those.

9. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

Roseanne was the best character. They should've just made a new show about different characters with the same cast and crew except Roseanne. This is shitty.

10. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. Dan looks a lot thinner now than in 1990. Still only DJ's daughter, no wife? (Or did they divorce?)
    Its success will have to shift from nostalgia to moving forward with the characters, either in creative or popular ways. Ideally both.

Not since The Hogan Family has anything like this happened (Valerie got axed). THF managed to last 4 years (6 years total if Val's first 2 years are included), though its first season without Val was called "Valerie's Family" and the show was axed by NBC and picked up by CBS for a one-year extravaganza.

So it's possible. But Bateman was the biggest name in that show. Roseanne... different story.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

DJ' s missus is in the army over seas, during most of last season, but not all.

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

She was overseas the whole time. We finally see her through a video call. Frankly, I love that character dynamic.

13. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

Don't kill off Roseanne: have her character go on extended rehab for racists. The real Roseanne might get a kick out of that, and if she shows repentence for her offensive tweet, maybe she can guest star occasionally.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  14. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Story doing the rounds that barr is looking to move to Israel. Perhaps roseanne connor could do the same.

15. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

I just read that too. Maybe new surroundings is just what she needs at this time. Besides staying off twitter.;)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  16. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Roseanne was tragically electrocuted when she dropped her charging phone while Tweeting in the bathtub.

Spot's Meow and Armus like this.
  17. bigdaddy

Her racist ass isn't moving anywhere besides maybe a Denny's.

18. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tonight we'll finally be getting our answers about this thread topic. The Conners premieres on ABC in a few hours. Anyone else plan on watching?

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yup, I'm definitely looking forward to it. However, because of the Brewers/Dodgers game, I'll have to watch it the next day.

20. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I will be watching. Don’t know if it will be the same without Roseanne though. At least they can just say it was all a dream if she comes back.