How to kill off Roseanne (The Character) Between this Reboot and Whatever Comes Next?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Jun 2, 2018.

?

How to kill off Roseanne (The Character)?

1. Dies from complications to Knee Surgery.

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Overdose of Pain Medication.

20 vote(s)
    60.6%
  3. Pneumonia from flood in the Basement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Teaching Harris (darlene's punk daughter) to Drive.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

For a moment, I got mixed up and thought that it was Mark who had had the sex.

What is he, 11?

That's disturbing and way more deserving of the ire we saw from Darlene.

Harris is a teen mom over on Shameless.

I've had 4 years getting used to Emma Kenney chasing tail.

2. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Becky arriving stupid drunk to work made me recall that episode where she and her friend got drunk for the first time. And later on in a Christmas episode.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah but I swear they said in The Connors pilot that she only had 5 days off, which made no sense to me.

I do love the fact that DJ made a joke that he doesn't seem to be a big part of the family.

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I think people in the military can use up to 13 sick days for bereavement leave. She may have gone back to duty and then returned after arranging some other type of leave.

5. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Does that include travel time? Could see them loosing a couple of days each way traveling too and from Afghanistan.

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm assuming she arranged for the additional leave before actually getting shipped back to Afghanistan. She may even have done so before the bereavement leave had ended. Alternatively, she may have gotten transferred to a duty station near home for the near future.

7. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

I just caught the first episode and I'm five minutes into the second and I'm happy to report this is exactly how I imagined Roseanne Revival should have been. After hearing all those initial reviews about Neo-Roseanne I chose to abstain from the season rather than be sad that it wasn't the same anymore. This is the show as it should have been. The Conners is a fitting sequel to the original Roseanne, and I'm happy to watch it!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    The Nth Doctor likes this.
  8. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

At first I was kinda sad that DJ has been reduced to background comic relief...but then the part with Becky and the Mama Mia Soundtrack...! Long live comic relief DJ.

9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

That was great. The joke was especially funny in my household because I dragged my husband along to see Mamma Mia 2, and now he's really into it and sings the songs regularly.

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, what happened to little Jerry Garcia Connor, and Jackie's kid Andy?

11. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Apparently there was an episode where Roseanne says that Jerry is on a fishing boat in Alaska and that's it, lol.

The showrunner said that Andy might have been sacrificed to the 'dream period' where the timeline is questionable... even though Andy is born like a couple seasons before the lottery season. You could apply Pegg's explanation of the differences in the Kelvin Universe and treat Dan's death (or not death) as the point of temporal incursion where changes to the timeline can occur in both directions. Roseanne was so upset by it, it caused her to go back in her books and retroactively add in Andy.. or something. So then if we treat The Conners as a third timeline in which Dan did not die and they did not win the lottery, there would be no reason for this version of the story to include Andy persay, but in which is also a timeline where Jerry is born.

But the same showrunner also said that if Andy does exist then he would be at college. This leaves it open for them to add him in later on and make some joke of like, 'Where the hell have you been?' along the lines of their Becky jokes and the throwaway explanation that he's on a fishing boat. I'd bet if they found someone interesting to play Andy they would totally bring him in for that.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  12. Guy Gardener

It'd be funny if this was the timeline were they did won the lottery, and they had blown though the money very quickly, and irresponsibly, and then spent most of the last twenty years trying to pay off their taxes for the pinprick in time when they had money, which is why they look so poor now, like the lottery never happened.

13. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Well, there's an instant headcanon if I ever heard one.

Nerys Myk likes this.
  14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Jerry hates Roseanne so much that he doesn't show up to his own mother's funeral?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  15. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Jerry is Roseanne's son. Andy is the nephew, Jackie's son, whose existence is in question. Jerry may or may not hate Roseanne.. maybe he couldn't get off that boat.

16. Guy Gardener

20 thousand to get him back tot he mainland, depending on how far out Jerry is?

Jerry is far out.

Medical insurance fraud to pay for the hewey if Jerry fakes stomach cramps, or cuts off a finger?

17. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally seen The Connors and it is simply not as good without Roseanne. Try-hard and rather depressing.