Fuller House teaser trailer

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Janeway’s Girl, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

With so many streaming shows releasing 10-16 episodes once a year, it's easy to forget that traditional TV pumps out 24 episodes in 9 months! That's kind of nuts when you think about it.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Second season is avalaible.

A few episodes in, so far I enjoyed the first season more.
    Maybe the nostalgic factor is just gone.
    Sonething is definitely missing for me.

3. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I'm on the second episode. It's what I expect it to be, the original wasn't exactly art.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally caught up with it, and I agree that something is missing, although for me, it isn't the Nostalgia. I think there are several factors. I think the writing was better during the first season. There were more moments that felt like classic Full House moments, and only a handful in season 2. Season 1 also wasn't afraid to be sexy, which is one thing I was impressed with. The second season felt like it went in a different direction, playing it too safe. The amount of times that D.J says "Oh Mylanta!" is annoying, and I don't remember her saying this in the first season, nevermind Full House in general. And just how many M.C Hammer references do we need? I counted at least 3 Hammer Time dances done between the first and second seasons of this show, as if the writers are forgetting that there is more to the 80's/90's than M.C Hammer. There was one Hammer Time done in one episode, then the next episode had another. Annoying. They're already running out of ideas, it seems.

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought that the first couple of episodes of season 2 were lacking something as well, though I think it improved by the third or fourth episode. I enjoyed Stephanie's story. I also love Steve, I think he's one of the best characters on the show, but then he was always my favorite in Full House too. So really I enjoyed any episode that included him.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm only about halfway through Season 2, but I have been noticiing it feels less "adult" in humor. Even though the first season wasn't that bad compared to what we have now.

I wasn't sure how much I'd like Jimmy Gibbler, but he's pretty unoffensive and it's nice to see Stephanie get a love story too. Question: did we ever hear anything about Kimmy having a brother in Full House?

7. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Stephanie/Jimmy stuff is more tolerable than the DJ will she/won't she with Matt and Steve. It also has more potential with her infertility storyline, something I think the show should be exploring instead of silly plots.

8. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure, but I think he's a cool character. I think maybe it was mentioned in passing. Will be interesting to see where it goes. He's a bit less manic than her sister and plays off nicely with Stephanie.

The thing that actually threw me for a loop this season was seeing Joey with a full family of his own. I don't think it was mentioned last season? He had to move out when the 3 girls moved in, and I was under the impression that he was still single. They never really established that he had settled down and raised a family, unless I missed something obvious. Just came across as a rather sudden development on the part of the writers.

Oh and glad to know I wasn't the only one to notice less adult humour.