For All Mankind Trailer - Apple TV- SPOILER

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mysterion, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I'd bet 10,000 quatloos on it. (Oops...wrong show--or is it? :shifty: )*

*What with all the Trek alumni working on it...:whistle:

Robert April likes this.
  2. 1987SpaceGuy

1987SpaceGuy Captain Captain

Yay, Ed is still alive and scheduled to fly, despite the Molly hairdryer treatment.
    the cheese pyramid on top of the Spaghetti lol (I know such a someone too, in the name of effectivness I just turn the cheese bowl upside down though :D)
    Karen loosing it is understandable, but pretty much a 180 from the "I'm fine, you go Ed" in prior episodes or all of it was fake, which would suck, since they finally were able to talk/open up about Shane.

Molly Cobb for Presdident!
    That was a hilarious and awesome "prinicpals office" talk with all 4 (Ed, Gordo, Margo and Thomas) being the students :lol:
    Despite her developing ilness related symthoms I do hope she'll stick around for many more episodes.
    She's such a fun character.

Aleide "nerdying" out, thankfully in the soundproof room behind mission control, then the super awkward "not much of a talker" scene = hilarious

Nice to see Gordo improving, both mentally and physically, especially also being more honest with his kids.
    Was kinda hoping he'd reveal the truth to them though.
    He's trending upwards while Tracy pretty is in freefall.

As for Ellen, regardless of the old flame hookup, I hope she'll be able to live her real life without hiding soon, just as her husband.

3. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I think Karen's issue wasn't so much if Ed had been killed (which would have been bad) but the not-knowing which is so much worse such as when it took 2 weeks till she knew the outcome after he was shot down over Korea.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Thanks guys, i was in the same boat and kinda creeped out at the thought :lol:

5. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now of only Star Trek could have episodes written this well. Why is that so much to ask?

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or it released a year later.

7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Maybe it's the first Star Trek movie, after a five-year run of (I know it wasn't really going to be called) Star Trek Phase II.

8. Robert April

Robert April Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ha, that would be interesting if in the FAMverse ST Phase II happened. What if there isn't a torpedo resting on the Genesis planet at the end of TWOK?

I have a bad feeling about Tracey, I thought for sure she was busted for that smoke. The fact that she didn't, I worry she may try again.

I was weirded out by the Karen/Danny thing, if that happens again I may just have to hit fast forward!

Anyone surprised about Ellen and Pam?

I really hope to see the series continue and land humans on Mars.

publiusr likes this.
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season 3 has already been confirmed at least.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone disappointed that redhead's issue with Ed didn't go anywhere? I was expecting something like him selling secrets to the Soviets because he's resentful of being overlooked.

The Jamestown bug also didn't go anywhere. Would've been more interesting if the bug was more recent than 9 years and an inside job. Or they started feeding false information back to the Soviets. Instead, they went looking for a bug, found it and that was the end of storyline.

1987SpaceGuy likes this.
  11. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I was actually thinking it was all setup for Ed to put him on the Mars mission and make some joke about saving the redhead for the red planet.

12. FPAlpha

The show has enough on its plate so i'm ok if that storyline about the overlooked astronaut has been resolved.

The bug on Jamestown may still come into play as tensions between the US and the Soviets rise. For now they're keeping it under wraps but it's an ace up their sleeve to be maybe used at a later date.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

In this world, maybe Ghostbusters starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy and Jim Belushi.

14. David cgc

Well, "Kelly's Heart Transplant" certainly didn't end up meaning what I expected. Still not buying the season two album until the season finale (I actually saw it promoted somewhere, so apparently it wasn't a mistake that it got released before the actual season started).

Though speaking of prerelease spoilers, it was interesting that they decided to actually have the teaser scene for this season in an episode, rather than having it take place in the gap, as we all assumed.

15. Kraig

Kraig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Margo, I for one am confident in your ability to make things not happen."
    - Major General Bradford

But now that Margo has made things happen, from the reception the Astronauts received when they arrived in the USSR, I'll bet they would have preferred that Major General Bradford's prediction had come true.

Search4 likes this.
  16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Hell of a setup to put Margo, one of the most socially awkward people, in charge of diplomacy with the cagey Soviets to figure out how to cooperate them on this mission. And yet, despite it all, she managed to find common ground with her counterpart and found an elegant solution for the docking system for their two vessels. Even better, the astronauts and cosmonauts managed to break their own ice over hamburgers, Jack Daniels, and Laika. I love how this episode focused on everyone trying to find common ground despite decades of animosity and distrust, and ultimately prevailed because of their mutal love for space. Makes me happy that Ed wasn't anywhere near this mission because things could've gone a very different considering his own history.

But that final scene was a stark wake-up call that they're a far cry from resolving the greater issues. I'm anxious but curious what the future holds for them. Reminds me a lot of The Americans, one of my absolute favorite shows (which coincidentally also featured Wrenn Schmidt) and I hope For All Mankind continues to lean on the thematic elements The Americans focused on.

Not surprised that Ellen is willing to commit to Pam now, after a decade of loneliness and regret, and I'm happy that Larry (at least initially) accepted her decision to change things, but I expect Larry is also worried about the terrible backlash both of them will face when Ellen comes out. I worry how that will play out, especially considering how Deke reacted when Ellen came out to her.

I didn't expect Gordo to suddenly decide that he was going to try to win Tracy back and to do that while they're both are on the Moon, nor did I expect him to do the...honorable thing (?!)...and tell Sam upfront. But as cocky as Sam is about, well, everything, he is right about Tracy being her own person and actually gave her more agency than Gordo seemed to give her. We were already expected to see things blow up at Jamestown once Gordo arrived, but now it looks like it'll be even messier than we thought.

Nice to see Margo and Aleida team up together to help figure out the docking system and it probably would've never happened if it hadn't been for that impromptu set-up. Sergei is right that it's good to have a go-getter like Aleida who will push outside the boundaries of her "purview" (as Margo put it) and I can only hope this will help melt the ice of their own little Cold War.

1987SpaceGuy and Kraig like this.
  17. Kraig

Kraig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You can tell the moment Gordo thought he had a chance was when he was listening in on Tracy's belated birthday call to his son. When Tracy said Gordo could make her laugh when she just looked at him. If she starts laughing when he gets to the Moon then it may be all over for Sam. At least Gordo won't have to be Linus when he gets there. :lol:

18. FPAlpha

I loved the idea that people can transcend politics and find common ground in things they love, in this case engineering.

It was awesome to see the initial hesitation and mistrust but as soon as they reached boiling point all that fell away and Margo and her russian counterpart were just engineers trying to solve a problem ( with some ingenious help from a junior engineer). This reminds me of some of my favorite related movies like Apollo 13 and The Martian, that celebrates human ingenuity.
    As much as this was a celebration for Margo it was also a celebration for Danielle and the Kosmonauts, as they bonded through their mutual love of their space programs and what it means for them as well as for their countries and the world as whole ( and then be brought back hard to the ground as soon as they made their visit to the USSR).

Drinking 1500$ worth of wine while telling the guy you're gonna take his wife back takes some balls, good that they remained civil about it.

Ed showing who's and why he's the boss - doesn't get much better than this.

Really great episode, was glued to the screen start to finish.

19. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Sergei Korolev was in tonight’s episode, I’m assuming in the last scene at Star City.

He didn’t die in 1966. This explains a lot, perhaps this was the point of divergence.

The flower petal docking scheme looks a lot like the docking hardware used for the real ASTP in 1975.

It was nice to see an Apple II, but I was expecting Macintosh (or something GUI-based like it) to have been developed a few years ahead of our version.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  20. David cgc

Ron Moore suggested as much in an interview during season one. Looks like they're deciding to go through with that premise.