For All Mankind Trailer - Apple TV- SPOILER

Mysterion

Vice Admiral
Admiral
So, this looks like it's gonna be pretty entertaining"

Thoughts? Comments? Cries of outrage?

Looks like it could be worth a watch.

If at least one of Apple TV+'s other upcoming shows (maybe the Brie Larson CIA drama) looks compelling, too, might even convince me to sub to their service for a month or two.

I'm not any more streaming services, other than maybe Disney+, so I'm not going to watch this on Apple TV+, but I does it does look really interesting, so if/when this comes to Blu-Ray or paid digital, I will definitely check it out. I loved Ron Moore's Star Trek work, and BSG is a favorite of mine, so at this point I'd be willing to check out pretty much anything he does.
I haven't seen Outlander yet, but now that the first two seasons are on Netflix I will be soon.

Looks cool, but I don't think astronaut dramas are very popular on this board. I don't think hardly anyone here bothered to watch The First.

Looks cool, but I don't think astronaut dramas are very popular on this board. I don't think hardly anyone here bothered to watch The First.
I was going to until I saw the reviews and what the story was actually about. It might have been good for what it was but the first season premise didn't appeal to me.

I thought this was going for a Man in High Castle thing and that the Soviets were in control of the US when the flag was shown until it showed it was just that they 'won' the race to the moon.

I hadn't even heard of this one until now. Seeing that it was canceled after its first season, it must not have pulled in the numbers that Hulu hoped it would, so it seems this board wasn't alone in not watching.

I'm interested (though, as some others above have said, it'll have to wait until it's available on something else), and I've tried to think through some possible points of departure for the alt-history in the last day (Korolev doesn't die? The N-1 rocket works? The Soviets decide to pursue the UR-700 instead?), but I'm skeptical of what trailer shows follows from Alexei Leonov walking on the moon. Just thinking about the political realities of the Apollo program and how quickly the United States' manned space program was wound down after Apollo 11, a far likelier outcome would be assigning blame for "who lost us the moon?" than "let's ramp up the space program." The Right Stuff ethos in the trailer is charming, but it also strikes me as naive for the early 1970s.

I'm interested just for the alternate history aspect alone although I love the whole NASA/space race stuff. But I haven't watched broadcast TV in years and have no desire to go back, and can't really afford streaming (well, I can, but it's an unecessary expense when I watch all my stuff on DVD anyway). I really wish they'd just release stuff directly to DVD/Blue Ray.

Hopefully I'll get to see this in a year or so when the set comes out.

From the "Creator of Battlestar Galactica"? I thought Glen A. Larson was dead?

There are many copies. And they have a plan."

No thanks Apple, got Netflix, Prime and will soon have Disney+

Plus I hate Apple.

Last edited:
I'm interested (though, as some others above have said, it'll have to wait until it's available on something else), and I've tried to think through some possible points of departure for the alt-history in the last day (Korolev doesn't die? The N-1 rocket works? The Soviets decide to pursue the UR-700 instead?), but I'm skeptical of what trailer shows follows from Alexei Leonov walking on the moon. Just thinking about the political realities of the Apollo program and how quickly the United States' manned space program was wound down after Apollo 11, a far likelier outcome would be assigning blame for "who lost us the moon?" than "let's ramp up the space program." The Right Stuff ethos in the trailer is charming, but it also strikes me as naive for the early 1970s.
Maybe the Soviets grab a few more of the top-shelf Germans after the war this time than we do, though since we’re flying a Saturn V, I assume that we still have von Braun.

Plus I hate Apple.
The main trailer on youtube seems to have an unusually high number of dislikes. I wonder if that's due to some people not liking the idea of Russia being first on the moon, or if it's just straight up Apple hate.

Or at least hatred of yet another streaming service.

Back