Firebird's Sketch of the Week Series

Drawing 329 / 2023 Artwork 2: A tribute to my favorite movie, David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia.
WUYOFAi.jpg

Drawing 330 / 2023 Artwork 3: Love Hina's Naru Narusegawa demonstrates how I'm feeling this weekend while trying to bang out 30 pages of EVA-Trek's tenth episode script.
8TYpOgH.jpg

Drawing 331 / 2023 Artwork 4: Lycoris Recoil's Chisato Nishikigi models the latest in Starfleet cadet redshirt attire.
PomuyfW.jpg

After spending last weekend and the early part of this week busting out the first draft of EVA-Trek's 10th episode (which was semi-inspired by TOS' "Devil in the Dark") and getting episode 8 online (https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/eva-trek-an-evangelion-star-trek-crossover.311690/#post-14361988), I was surprisingly not tapped out on my creative juices, so I think we've got a good batch of drawings this week.

Drawing 332 / 2023 Artwork 5: Melfina from Outlaw Star, a series I remember fondly from those early Toonami days, more than twenty years ago (dear lord, I feel old...)
Bbfpwep.jpg

Drawing 333 / 2023 Artwork 6: Good news, everyone! It's Professor Farnsworth from Futurama.
Ocwteab.jpg

Drawing 334 / 2023 Artwork 7: A tribute to Mike Nichols' The Graduate, featuring Hayato Kusukabe from Goddess Cafe Terrace.
lvZlUTs.jpg

Working on getting EVA-Trek uploaded to Archive of Our Own this week (https://archiveofourown.org/series/3301210), so I've been a little swamped on the clerical end of things. In the meantime, only had a chance to do a couple sketches this weekend.

Drawing 335 / 2023 Artwork 8: My rendition of Detective Lieutenant Columbo, based on the "If Columbo Were Anime" short from Youtube.
b1mmwNl.jpg

Here's the video itself. It's short, but oh so good.

Drawing 336 / 2023 Artwork 9: Lt. Commander Misato Katsuragi of the USS Nerv. Can I help it if I have a favorite character to draw?
VxNESHu.jpg

Drawing 337 / 2023 Artwork 10: A quick rough sketch of Nagisa Kubo from Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible, done in about 15 minutes during lunch when I didn't have much else to do.
bPboooP.jpg

Drawing 338 / 2023 Artwork 11: Kiku Hoshimi from Call of the Night, done during the same lunch session as the Kubo sketch.
hM1F03J.jpg

Drawing 339 / 2023 Artwork 12: Ryo-ohki's child form in the Tenchi Muyo OVAs.
gSYGtkG.jpg

Drawing 340 / 2023 Artwork 13: Commander Ritsuko Akagi, Chief Science Officer, USS Nerv.
KObiiFU.jpg

I have to agree with @Santaman about your Columbo - great job!
And the "rough" sketches are pretty amazing too - I don't know who the characters are, but whatever's happened to bring Nagisa Kubo to the verge of tears, poor thing?

I have to agree with @Santaman about your Columbo - great job!
And the "rough" sketches are pretty amazing too - I don't know who the characters are, but whatever's happened to bring Nagisa Kubo to the verge of tears, poor thing?
Those aren't tears, it's embarrassment - there's a confession chapter coming soon, since it's coming up on Valentine's Day.

Back