Discovery ending with Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by The Habs Fan, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

To be fair they said season 3 not season 1.

2. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

They mean it recognised the existence of LGBT+ people.

3. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I only skimmed through one of his conspiracy-theory filled posts. You can't exactly blame me for that. ;)

You're all being played by this guy.

4. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This isn't Reddit.

5. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's funny, because 90% of shows derided as being "woke" these days have zero political content. Basically the only thing is diverse casting and sometimes characters, but there is typically zero engagement within the text of the story itself with racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.

6. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

But Discovery genuinely did engage with issues like gender identity and sexuality, particularly through Adira. It was very Star Trek.

The people crying 'woke' would likely have been writing letters to NBC about Nichelle Nichols kissing Bill Shatner, or Terry Farrell and Susannah Thompson.

Some things never change.

7. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Not certain which would be leat objectionable: S31 or 23d century SFA series.

8. ananta

ananta Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If you wanted a “relief” you could have, I don’t know, just not watched, and ignored the show as I do with shows I don’t like. That would have spared you significant misery and spared us the significant misery of having to read about it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'd rather see Worf & Raffi sub contractors, picking up jobs that interest them.

10. DarthTimon

DarthTimon Commander Red Shirt

It's a shame that DSC is coming to an end. It hasn't been perfect, but it's been a wild adventure, and hopefully they get to bow out on a high.

11. WarMaster1701

WarMaster1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Got to love the ME, Doomcock shit being seen as fact. The Trek franchise is going strong and it wouldn't surprise me to see DSC season 5 do amazing

12. DarthTimon

DarthTimon Commander Red Shirt

There's a lot of ill-conceived crowing from that crowd right now. I guess they had to guess right eventually, you know, with their imaginary 'inside sources' and dreamed up 'industry contacts', as to DSC's fate.

13. Nerys Myk

Who is "everyone". Clickbait sites that tell you what you want to hear?
    Man, I bet a lot if franchises would like to be destroyed the way DISCO did Star Trek. Spinning off a new series, two animated shows and show featuring a beloved legacy character. All running multiple seasons.
    Is "sidelined" the new "Kurtzman was fired"?
    Was the fact Matalas is charge of PIC3 ever a secret? Here's another secret: Mike McMahan is the creative mind behind lower decks!!!!!!!! Its true, I swear!!!!!

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who is to say what is proper? This is a fictional universe.

15. ichab

ichab Commodore Commodore

This niner has been dreaming for that ever since I saw that HD scene in that DS9 documentary. I'm sure if they remastered the entire series it would generate interest. But that show has always been treated as an afterthought so I won't hold my breath. The fact a documentary had to be crowd funded alone shows how little regard the show is with the powers that be.

16. Nerys Myk

I'd loved to see the spin if they announce a Star Trek Discovery feature film following Season 5. I don't think it would happen, but the the exploding heads would be entertaining.

17. Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei Vice Admiral Admiral

I was around for the ENT cancellation and absolutely none of us thought we'd be seeing a new Trek show before the mid 20s, much less five, and all of them with the IDIC message at the forefront that was very sorely lacking by the end of Berman's run.

Disco wasn't my favorite series, but the loss of any Trek series diminishes us all.

18. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Kurtzman once again sidelined as Matalas destroys his vision of the next feature film with expertly crafted troll! STD movie GUARANTEES Kurtzman will never get another chance to ruin franchise!"

"Now I'm hearing this STD movie, it's actually Bob Orci, he's doing it to further ruin Kurtzman's legacy - now if you'll remember back in 2016, when I exclusively revealed that Kurtzman had killed Orci's dog and spat on his face and sent him to jail... and Orci is out of prison just as STD gets a movie deal..."

"So, here's what's really happening here. The new leadership at Paramount isn't stupid. They want to ensure consumers never forget how bad Kurtzman Trek was. What gets more guaranteed viewership than a feature film, right, so they're making this, sabotaging it to make damn sure people notice how bad things were, and so when they watch Star Trek at the movies, they will immediately subscribe to Paramount Plus, out of fear, to get to good Star Trek."

"What I've been told is Kurtzman held Matalas up at gunpoint..."

19. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

OK ...

Haters: Paramount wants Kurtzman to do a Disco feature film so the world will see how bad it is ... so they'll sign up for P+ and watch Kurtzman Trek at home.

This makes no sense whatsoever (Then again, the haters aren't known for logic! :lol: )

20. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Precisely. :beer: