Spoilers Babylon 5 Reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by herofhyrule, Apr 15, 2022.

1. gweeps

gweeps Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great episode. I've usually watched it last when doing a series rewatch.

2. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Maybe the documentary was produced a million years in the future. The guy we saw was collecting the raw footage for it because they delayed editing until the last possible moment because they weren't able to secure distribution and funding.

Mr. Laser Beam, Jedman67 and gweeps like this.
  3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Given the new heard of WB Media has supposedly made it his mission to knock three *billion* off expenses by pivoting away from scripted projects and towards reality shows (with the exception with anything Harry Potter related, because: merchandising!) I really wouldn't hold my breath that the reboot will happen.

Under those conditions where even the likes of DC comics could be on the chopping block, and HBO could be turned into a third rate cable channel; B5 wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

At this point, I think it'd be lucky if it only gets one season in before cancellation.

5. Timby

Timby HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORDS OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR Administrator

The larger consideration is who winds up buying The CW, since WB Discovery is actively looking to divest itself of the network.

6. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

From what I gather; generally what happens when things like this get sold the only "safe" projects are the proven earners. (As a rule, entities that just spent money on a thing would like a guaranteed return on their investment.) New projects tend to get lost in the shuffle, or shitcanned on general principle by the incoming CEO looking to put their own stamp on everything.

Like I said, it may have enough inertia to make it into production, but unless it does *very* good numbers, I wouldn't put money on it's chances on a second season.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm shocked with all of the stuff they're cutting back on that this is still alive. I guess Pedowits musr really liked the script or is just a really big fan of the original series and wants to be the one to bring it back.

8. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great: more absolute garbage TV.

Markonian, Asbo Zaprudder and Jax like this.
  9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

JMS just posted on Twitter asking fans for their support on the Babylon 5 pilot because a decision that will be made by the end of the month:

The fate of the #Babylon5 pilot may be decided end of this month. Though much of @TheCW was bought by @NXSTMediaGroup the decision also rests heavily with @WarnerbrosTV. If fans want to show their support for B5 & let them know you want this to happen, now is the time #B5onCWin23

Ryan Thomas Riddle and Markonian like this.
  10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

Good luck with that, I would think that's a hard sell in the current WB climate.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Indeed so. Here's hoping JMS can muster enough support!

12. FanST

FanST Lieutenant Red Shirt

As long as JMS is involved, I will watch it.

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Screenwriter | Award-Winning Journalist Premium Member

It hit number one Trending on Twitter... so it's making some noise!

15. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

So far, the hashtag as been trending nicely ... but it needs to be amped up!

16. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I would add to the count but I have no idea what a hashtag is or how to use it nor do I have a Twitter account. I eschew social media as it's just a way for greedy corporations to gather data on people.

Farscape One likes this.
  17. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

As well you should, since this is specifically about feeding greedy corporations the data we want them to have on people (specific, that we're enthusiastic about Babylon 5).

Asbo Zaprudder likes this.
  18. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Apparently, the campaign is having an impact!
    [​IMG]

19. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

This was GR's stated position regarding the original Star Trek, that it was an in-universe dramatization of actual events taken from the Enterprise's logs. Kirk says as much in the TMP novelization, that the actor portraying him in the series was much more over-the-top than he himself was in "real" life. Other novels followed suit, with Chekov criticizing liberties taken in one of the episodes with "It didn't happen that way!"