Spoilers AHSOKA series [Spoiler Discussion]

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Reverend, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You know between that image and this one Dave posted going on 5 years ago now . . .
    [​IMG]
    . . . I can't help but feel like Season 2 of Ahsoka will be the part of story he's actually been wanting to tell this whole time, and Season 1 was primarily about getting them to this point.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

saddestmoon, HotRod and Set Harth like this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had been assuming we'd be getting Ahoska Season 2 since we saw how Season 1 ended, and the positive response it got, but it's nice to finally get official confirmation.

5. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well Ashoka the White and her Padawan Sabine of Mandalore should get up to shenanigans eventually.

Commander Troi likes this.
  6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I figured that a Season 2 was inevitable. Can't wait to see the character of emotionless robot Ashoka Tano sleepwalk through eight more episodes of television. Maybe in Season 2 something actually important will happen before episode 6.

Gaith likes this.
  7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

OK, so if Ahsoka is Gandalf, the Noti are obviously the hobbits, the bandits and their howlers are obvious warg-riders . . . so who is Sabine? For a second there I did wonder if she qualified as an Aragorn (last scion of a destroyed house, heir to a distant throne, carries around an inherited blade, grew up in exile and has adopted the ways of a more spiritual culture) though here taking Baylan's deal felt rather more like a Boromir thing to do . . . but now I'm wondering if Sabine & Shin together might end up with a sort of Gimli & Legolas vibe

Side Note: Apropos of nothing, but for those interested I happened to notice a few new Ahsoka related entries on the Official Databank since the last time I checked. Nothing Alderaan shattering, but it's nice to see some actual ship names other than just Home One, among other things. Dawnbringer sounds like a name straight out of some fantasy story; if not Tolkien then DnD or something.
    Oh and I guess the official name for the new galaxy is 'The Far Galaxy'. A little on the nose, but I guess it'd be weird for Star Wars to start giving galaxies actual names at this late stage.

Eventually? Those two couldn't even go a whole day without something going sideways. Probably had to fight a nest of giant spider-wolves just climbing over the Son's head.

8. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Moderator

I think we moved past the emotionless Ashoka by the end of season 1. I expect more from her in season 2.

The Nth Doctor and Reverend like this.
  9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Indeed, that was basically her whole character arc for the first half of that season. Anyone that didn't clock the shift in her attitude and demeanour after the WBW vision thing clearly couldn't have been paying attention!
    I'd also add that Ahsoka wasn't being emotionless; quite the opposite. Her emotions were very much dictating her actions. She was acting out of fear and keeping people at arms length as a defence mechanism. She was bottling up her anxieties and had clearly been doing so for years, until it almost got her killed.

As a side note; people should understand that her whole forehead is a make-up appliance, and Rosario has mentioned that it limits her expressiveness.

10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know we have. This has been a part of Ahsoka's arc since she appeared in the episode of the Mandalorian first, the Book of Boba Fett. She is on a journey of making peace with a rather painful past, not being a Jedi, not wanting to become like what made Anakin in to Vader, yet not able to shake that past. She has strong defensives because that's her only way to cope.

Which is why I watch her eyes.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Precisely. The best actors can convey so much through their eyes alone.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  12. Tuskin38

Which is why it was sad that they made the Queen's eyes completely black in Picard Season 2.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

It's amazing how much Alaqua Cox of Marvel's "Echo" can convey with facial expressions and gestures alone.

Inhumans was so largely forgettable, but I do seem to recall that Anson Mount did an admirable job acting with just facial expressions as Black Bolt. He wasn't really in the Doctor Strange movie long enough to judge his performance there.

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

90 percent of human communication is nonverbal.

He did well enough to make me consider watching Inhumans.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It goes back further than that; even in 'Rebels' she was reserved and stoic. Hell, you could even see the start of this shift in the final season of TCW. Rosario was just building on what was established and moving it on another decade.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  16. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I agree. I think Elizabeth Olson can act very good with only her eyes, especially in Doctor Strange 2

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's deaf in real life, so that's pretty much the only way she can communicate.

18. Turtletrekker

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Mary Elizabeth Winstead speaks of her experience working on Ahsoka in a way that she was unable to during the strike. Interestingly, and perhaps not coincidentally, the press release regarding the Mando and Grogu movie and Ahsoka season 2 was released literally in the middle of the Hollywood Reporter's interview with Winstead.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...hsoka-scott-pilgrim-takes-off-1235788433/amp/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    Reverend and Commander Troi like this.
  19. Tuskin38

I completely forgot she played Ramona Flowers

20. Turtletrekker