Spoilers AHSOKA series [Spoiler Discussion]

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Reverend, Aug 8, 2023.

1. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

I know recall Kirk was quite fascist in Amok Time, acting on his own to go to Vulcan ignoring admiral's orders.

saddestmoon and fireproof78 like this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It has nothing to do with her being a woman.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Admiral Admiral

it's the green, isn't it.

4. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I am told it isn't easy being green. Though it could be the lekku. Or that Hera is a senior general of the New Republic, while Poe's like a squadron leader or maybe a wing commander in the Resistance.

I am not sure, but I would think Hera would be in charge of Starfighter Command.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Poe was an impulsive idiot that basically threw a mutiny-tantrum because as a freshly demoted officer that got most of their fighter and bomber squadrons killed, he wasn't kept in the loop with all high level decisions. Never mind the fact that the new CO was as much of a rebel veteran as Leia (and lifelong friend to boot.) It was 100% a pointless ego trip. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hera on the other hand was chasing down an existential threat to the New Republic she helped create, despite politically motivated bureaucratic roadblocks from a career fence-sitter. It's not that Hera can't or won't respect the chain of command, she categorically can and has on numerous occasions regardless of her feelings. It's that she won't follow objectively stupid orders that WILL cost lives, regardless of the potential cost to her career and reputation. She serves the people of the Republic, not it's politicians.

Poe just thought he knew better. Hera actually did know better. There; that's the difference. Mystery solved!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Poe Dameron was to the resistance what Anakin Skywalker was to the Jedi order.

Jedman67 likes this.
  7. Tuskin38

Title Translation: Anyone being able to use the force in someway has been around for decades

8. Set Harth

...according to information released to the public thirty years after the fact.

9. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean, I never was under the impression the Force was somehow limited to only Jedi.

Commander Troi likes this.
  10. Tuskin38

No?

11. Set Harth

Well, there's also Sith, for one. Not to mention other groups.
    [​IMG]

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The 1987 1st edition rules for WEG's Star Wars RPG certainly leaves one with that impression.
    [​IMG]
    But then so does Lucas's movies if one is paying attention. Honestly I think some people just have an inordinate amount of difficultly parsing what the phrase "all living things" actually means.

13. fireproof78

But, it isn't limited to those groups. Those are only the groups who use it actively.

Seems to be so, yes.

14. Set Harth

It's more like people have difficulty understanding the significance of the phrase "that boy is our last hope".
    A paramecium using the Force would definitely be something.

15. fireproof78

So, Luke being the last hope (except he isn't) means "no one but Jedi can use the Force."

This seems to be ignoring an awful lot of context to make a rather odd point.
    That's coming up in STAR WARS: Micro Wars.

16. Set Harth

Don't forget the Sith, Dark Jedi, witches, the Jensaarai, the Fallanassi, et cetera. :techman:

But how utterly ridiculous does the claim that Luke and Leia are the last hope become, in the event that any random asshole can be trained to swing a lightsaber and use the Force at a Jedi level?

17. fireproof78

Again, ignoring context. Obi-wan is very clear. "The Emperor knew, as I did, if Anakin was to have any offspring they would be a threat to him." They are specifically a threat to the Emperor, not just because "oh, you can swing a lightsaber."

This is missing the forest for the trees.

We also learn, from later context, that the Jedi are looking for a specific person, otherwise they wouldn't have waited 20 years.

18. Set Harth

But why would Anakin offspring be a threat to him? Because they're related to Anakin? Or because they are living things, in which case literally every living thing in the galaxy is equally a threat to him and the statement becomes pointless?
    But why are they waiting on a specific person? What's the difference? Why wait? Why not train up the nearest available random person as soon as possible?

19. fireproof78

I feel like this is deliberately missing the point.

Well, retroactively, the prophecy.

But, even if everyone has access to the Force, not everyone will have the same abilities. Everyone can learn how to play basketball but not everyone is Lebron James, to use a very poor analogy.

20. Set Harth

I'm imagining Palpatine accidentally stumbling into a petting zoo and totally freaking out. "GAAH!!! Living things! Save me Marka Ragnos I'm SCURRED"