Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 Discussion Threads. (Spoilers Likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, we got Peggy Carter . . . .

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

And the Howling Commandos!!

3. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Missed it by that much :lol:

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know, I don't think that character has a leg to stand on.

5. Captain Qwert Jr

Captain Qwert Jr Captain Captain

That was a vast improvement.

Reducing the childishness by 70%, the fascism by 80% and the Whedonisms by 90% certainly did help.

-Creel was a bit flat, but still treated with the respect a Thor-level menace deserves.
    -Lawless' intro was both good as either a one-shot stunt cast or as a long turn plan.
    -Please continue reducing Skye from horrible Poochie among Poochies, to just a subplot.
    -Ward's a far better villain, than hero, but I still hope he doesn't survive the season....or get any redemption.
    -Talbot's still too one dimensional, given that he's basically right.
    -The Fitzsimmons situation was actually poignant.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm a little concerned about Triplett. He was an exceptional replacement for Ward last season, and I fully expected B.J. Britt to be added to the main cast this season. Instead we've got this new British guy, who so far doesn't seem particularly compelling, while Britt is still listed as a guest star. Hopefully this doesn't mean we'll be losing Trip soon.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I hope not. I want to see him on the team.

Yeah, but if they're really into it, like Sam Jackson, they could do it out of pure love. :adore:

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm sure somebody could give her a helping hand...

*chirp-chirp* *chirp-chirp*

Anyway....some interesting developments already! Firstly the reveal that the GH corpse was originally a Hydra asset, so the Kree seem to have made at least two relatively recent visits (possibly three *if* there's a link to there to Skye's parents), all without Heimdall noticing apparently. Maybe this is exactly where SHIELD got their cloaking technology from?

I'm assuming the corpse has something to do with the 084 "obelisk" artefact. Maybe even what killed that guy in the first place. Perhaps the Kree was sent to hide it on Earth or retrieve it...because apparently Earth is the place where you stash mysterious and powerful cosmic artefacts. ;)

Wherever it came from, it appears to be a repository of knowledge and capable of mutating living flesh. Maybe it's lethality to humans is simply because our biology is too different from it's intended host.

I'm thinking maybe this is the source of that alien writing that Skye has been trying to decode. Maybe the Guest touched it and had the information burned into it's DNA (hence the "tattoo" mark) and from there it got into both Garret and Coulson through the serum. Logically then it should also be in Skye...assuming it wasn't already there.

Pet theory: this thing has something to do with the Inhumans.

BTW, anyone else spot the Raiders reference in that opening scene? Clearly the prop makers and/or set dressers couldn't resist having a little fun. :D

9. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked that a lot. Loved the opening scene, and was a good set up for the Agent Carter series. I also think the show will really benefit from having a focused enemy in HYDRA. Absorbing Man was cool. Disappointed that Lucy Lawless' character seems to be dead, cutting the arm off seemed to be hinting at something down the line and I liked the way her team interacted with 'our' team.

The best part of the episode was the twist with Fitz. I didn't see that coming at all and it was really sad.

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Great start. I too was disappointed that they killed Lawless' character so quick and that Triplet isn't part of the main cast. I had a feeling they added a few characters to kill off (especially the mercenary driver) and worry Triplet will be one of them.

It is nice to see Coulson is still on his game, what with the writing on the wall we got at the end of the last season. It also seems there's no way the agents can stop Hydra, powered beings, and Talbot (who I'm enjoying more and more), even with a quinjet, but we'll see.

I wonder if they'll be able to return Fitz to normal but not sure how, and why would Simmons leave? I know she was on the fence at the end of the last season but I assume it would be safest to stay with Shield, for her and her family, though Skye did erase her from the world so she has her exit... but... I want her back!

It looks like the alien that they gotten the GH325 chemical from.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I wonder what this is all about...

[​IMG]

Found it on her Instagram page.

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I kinda wish I didn't click that spoiler. Maybe it's not for Shield but for some other movie.

13. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The season premiere was great. The Fitz twist was completely unexpected, and I think they did it well. Absorbing Man was done very well, and he definitely felt like a threat. I hope Lawless's characters isn't actually dead, but I'm betting she is. The stuff with ward was interesting, and its a good way to keep him around. I think this season is going to be great.

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I now know what happened to all the black German uniforms at the end of the war, Hydra took them. Our main Hydra bad guy had the collar tab of an Obergruppenfuhrer (senior group leader) as well as a 1939 silver wound badge, silver close combat badge, silver panzer assault badge and an iron cross first class. Could anyone make out his cuff title? I just couldn't see it clearly.

15. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Ward is now Percy.

16. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't Lucy Lawless' character supposed to be Mockingbird? But that's assuming they haven't killed her off. I thought I had read that somewhere. Having introduced LL's character and the other team made it seem like there was a gap of a year or several months between last season's finale and last night's episode.

Nice reintroduction to Agent Carter, whose character will have its own show as a SHIELD spin-off.

Poor Fitz. His faculties aren't quite 100% intact, but the hallucination of Simmons' presence helps him to function at least on a basic mental level.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Mockingbird. Lawless is playing a different character.

And I'm not 100% convinced she's dead. I mean, she was in contact with a weird alien artifact only minutes before her apparent "death." Comic-book resurrections have been based on less . . . .

(And why cast Lucy Lawless just to abruptly kill her off in a car accident?)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZmmtv549Q4[/yt]

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Given what we just saw happen to Lawless's character, is it possible that the Guest House alien isn't an alien at all, but a human transformed and possibly killed by 084? That could mean that Sif was on the money when she said the Kree hadn't visited Earth (assuming the artifact is Kree).

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Becuase Lucy had 40 things she should be doing, but she gave them a week out of her life anyway.