Agents of SHIELD - Season 2 Discussion Threads. (Spoilers Likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Exactly. There is real-world precedent for using code names, so it's not just some goofy comic-book thing. So the way so many superhero shows and movies act embarrassed about the code names and try to avoid using them is just unreasonable. At the very least, it'd make sense to use the code names in action and civilian names the rest of the time. Arrow actually has adopted that practice in the past season. Age of Ultron may have as well, at least in the opening sequence, but I don't recall whether that was actually the case or just what I was thinking should be the case.

As far as superheroes who change their code names frequently, there's not just Hank Pym, but also Kitty Pryde, Carol Danvers, Monica Rambeau, and others.

2. DEWLine

DEWLine Commodore Commodore

*checks emusic.com*

Not available there yet, but Defiance and a couple of others are on offer.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was just reading through the descriptions of the Secret Warriors comics on Comixology. I wonder if they will have an influence on they will have any influence on the show beyond the name. They do sound like they deal a lot of Hydra, and I think the show is supposed to be moving away from Hydra, so I don't that aspect will.

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't there a season three topic for SHIELD by now?? All the other shows have topics for their new seasons already...

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yes, but it's filed under a top-secret code name.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

the entire "SHIELD is secretly Hydra" story line from the Winter Soldier movie was directly pulled from the Secret Warriors comic book. they invented that.

7. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

:lol:

Sorry, its still a secret

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

If you were to find out, your life wouldn't be worth a plugged nickel.

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

And to continue on this, the "Quake" one-shot came out today. It has previously been established in the comics that Daisy's mom was a New Orleans prostitute that Cal did business with. Nothing in the one-shot contradicts this, but she had an interesting encounter with an Inhuman named, you guessed it... Jiaying.

The story has Daisy in the field with the Avengers raiding a HYDRA outpost when she hears that there are Inhumans in play and is ordered to capture them. Soon after she encounters Jiaying (who, unlike her presumed TV counterpart, has a pronounced physical transformation) who appears to be rescuing some Inhuman children via a teleportation device.

They have the following exchange...

Jiaying never answers the question, and Daisy lets her escape with the children.

Jiaying doesn't appear to be an evil bitch here, but she didn't on the show at first either. But then again, comics Cal is unredeemable, so maybe having a good Jiaying in the comics provides balance.:lol: