zzzzzz zzzzz yawn

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RobertScorpio, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

^ I'll be interested to see the reaction when Foundation is finally made. ;)

2. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You do understand that they'll cast The Rock as Hari Seldon and add a "few" action sequences to pick up the pace?

3. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

That's good. The ending is so stupid you actually lose IQ points if you watch it.

4. JimCasy

JimCasy Captain Captain

The first time I fell asleep in the theatre was during The Man in the Iron Mask. After that it was kind of a downhill slope, heh. I think like one out of every five movies I go to I end up nodding off at some point. I haven't been to many movies over the past couple years though...

5. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

This thread reminds me of a classic line from a great episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show.

"You slept through The Guns of Navarone?!?!?"

--Ted

6. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I fell asleep during ANH in 97 but the roaring TIE fighters woke me up. Combo of not enough sleep and already seen ANH like a bazillion times by that time.

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've never fallen asleep no matter how boring or bad the movie was... I've also never walked out .

8. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

At the cinema it only happened once during a 7 movie Star Trek Marathon (when there were only 7 movies that is.. ages ago).

Watched 1-3, dozed off lightly during 4 (to my detriment.. i love 4), slept through 5 (which is a good thing) and then watched 6 and 7.

At home it happens frequently after a long day when i'm on the couch and watch a movie i know already. Tired and a comfy couch does not make one on edge.

9. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't really remember falling asleep AT the movies (unless I was really young) but I have fallen asleep while watching. Interview with the Vampire was definitely one I'd wake up, laugh, and go back to sleep. Dances with Wolves put me to sleep too. :shifty:

A few have come close more recently like one of the LotR films. Don't ask me which one. Can't remember. :p

10. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's rare, but the last time was recently watching that DeNiro/Pacino mess.

I fell asleep during Gladiator after a day at Magic Mountain. Then I fell asleep went I went to see it again. It took years to finally watch it on DVD because I just assumed it sucked.

11. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not quite fall asleep, but kind of lost focus for some time in There Will Be Blood pretty early on (shaken back by the night burst of fire). Definitely was struggling with sleep during the second half of The Lives of Others, I (spoilers: never realized that the guy had turned good and was trying to protect them, so the ending really confused me until others explained).

12. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    "Batman Begins", believe it or not. I had seen an earlier show that night (opening night) and loved it so much I tried to watch a midnight showing. Around the time Bruce is getting trained by the League I started passing out. Once returned to Gotham, I passed out until the alleyway "Wheeeeerrrreee were the other drugs going?!!!" scene. :)

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I have never fallen asleep during a movie in my entire life.

There have been times I've wanted to, but I never have. I just can't.

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I nearly went at some points during The X-Files: I Want to Believe. At the very least, I spent a lot of time staring at the cinema ceiling.

15. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

You must have incredible stamina!!! I envy you...

I was on a 14 hour flight to Japan one time. They played two movies enroute...Mel Gibson's HAMLET, followed by Chariots of Fire...talke about sleep inducing!!! Even you, Savlorhardin, would have been challenged I dare say!!!

Rob

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about watching a movie at the comfort of my couch or bed. There, i have fallen asleep quite a few times.

Still, i have yet to fall asleep at a movie theater.

That Mel Gibson thing though sounds boring just by reading about it...:shifty:

17. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

18. Hitman

Hitman Vice Admiral Admiral

Titanic. I fell asleep after the dude did the naked drawing, and woke up when the ship was breaking up.

19. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Fallling asleep during a nude scene? Hmmmmmmmm....you must have been REALLY tired...

Rob

20. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Or not into nude women. :)