zzzzzz zzzzz yawn

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RobertScorpio, Oct 15, 2008.

1. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Never walked out? Obviously you never went to I Know Who Killed Me, last year's Stinker of the Year with Lindsay Lohan. I go to the movies as a semi-living, and it's only one of three movies I've walked out on in 30+ years. And I actually went the distance for both Cloverfield and Disaster Movie.

--Ted

2. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Only movie I explicitly recall just up and walking out on was "My Father, The Hero" with Katherine Heigl and Gerard Depardieu. I was there thanks to a female who wanted to see it (who would later become my wife for a time), but ended up playing pinball in the lobby for about half the film.

Just DREADFUL. Three thumbs down!

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

When I went to see FRIED GREEN TOMATOES with my wife, I too ended up playing a game up in the lobby. They had a very old version of BATTLEZONE!!! And It had been years, and I picked it up like no time had passed. I just told my with I had the runs and that was why I was gone for so long...you bet I had the runs...I ran out of that theatre about twenty minutes in!!!

Rob

4. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

Never fallen asleep at the cinema. Have fallen asleep while films were playing at sleepovers, and during one of the many film versions of King Lear we watched at school. King Lear is also the only play I have fallen asleep watching at the theatre too.

5. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, deciding to pay and see a Lindsay Lohan movie was your first and biggest mistake ...:p
    Isn't that the one where she plays a stripper that doesn't get naked ?

6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd vowed to never think of the movie again, but damn this thread for unleashing repressed memories! :mad:

Virus, starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Sutherland. Jesus, that was one ungodly boring movie.

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Wow...I totally forgot that one!!!...that was a slow ass movie..what about Disney's BLACK HOLE..that movie was so damn boring...

Rob

8. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The only time I have fallen asleep at the movies is watching the second Pirates of the Carribean movie. That is the most boring movie I have ever seen. I wasn't tired going in and after I left I was good but it was so horrible I couldn't keep awake.

9. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

I often fall asleep when I go to a movie theater to watch a movie. The first time I remember falling asleep was during the Sound of Music (or was it The Turning Point?) during some re-release when I was a little girl. I fell asleep at some point on all of the LOTR movies, Star Wars (three newest), Cold Mountain, Pride & Prejudice, X-files, Indiana Jones...you name it, and I probably snoozed at some point. I usually just catch up when the movie gets released on DVD.

10. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I dated a chick who dragged me to "The Joy Luck Club" about some Chinese chicks who had a rough life. I went out like a light and the only parts I remember are a bunch of Chinese refugees walking down a road and getting hit with artillery and some chick drowning her son in the bathtub.

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Never fallen asleep in theater. Closest I've ever come, though, was a midnight showing of Herzog's NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE. A good movie, but not something you want to watch while sleep-deprived!

A friend of mine once fell asleep during the gawdawful remake of THE AVENGERS. I didn't wake him. I figured he was better off unconscious . . . .

12. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've never fallen asleep during a movie in a movie theatre, but unfortunately, I once fell asleep at a big production of "A Midnight Summer's Dream." There was a loud noise on stage at one point and I woke up and went "What? What?" and the people I was sitting around looked at me with scorn. :guffaw: