Your most insane theory on what Discovery is going to be really about!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Jayson1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Jack Black as Harry Mudd. I called it.

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I predict Discovery is going to explore the insinuation from "The Conscience of the King" that the Vulcans were a "conquered" people.

Markonian and C57D like this.
  3. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

The wildest idea out there is that it's going to be about exploring strange new worlds and boldly going where no man has gone before. I know it sounds preposterous, but one can dream that it's not going to be a soap opera about relationships.

C57D likes this.
  4. Mr. Laser Beam

Careful. That's not "dark" or "gritty" or "woke" enough. :rommie:

C57D and Tesophius like this.
  5. ThatChapThere

ThatChapThere Lieutenant Red Shirt

Oh please no. We've got plenty on the telly about our species' interaction. I'd like to see them actually doing Trek again at last.

C57D likes this.
  6. Mr. Laser Beam

One can also dream that it's not an ultra-nihilist "everybody is evil, there's no point in anything" slugfest.

jaime, C57D and Tesophius like this.
  7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

You know, criticising NuBSG once is enough, making about 100 similar remarks in the last month or two is really starting to look bizarre. You've said this a ridiculous amount in this forum lately, we really, really get it, you don't like unhappy realism in scifi want unicorns instead, okay, we get it.

8. ThatChapThere

On could dream that in the nineteen-freaking-sixties they'd do a show that discussed complex philosophical questions while maintaining an exiting sci-fi feel. With a black woman of all people on the bridge.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Wasn't even thinking about nuBSG.

This time. :p

Although now that you mention it: I do understand why nuBSG was like that. It's a product of its times. I just don't think it belongs in a Star Trek series. No, I don't think ST characters should be happy-happy-joy-joy all the time like in Demolition Man, just keep to the spirit of exploration and optimism and general well-being.

And don't make the Federation evil. Have the occasional Evil Admiral if they must, but also have some good ones (like Forrest was in ENT).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    C57D likes this.
  10. Tesophius

Tesophius Captain Captain

Yeah I'm pretty sick and tired of the "the future is bleak, evil corporations exploiting everyone, everything is dark and small bands of rebels stand up to big evil governments"

I'm a big fan of 1984, but don't want any of this horse manure in sci fi shows, least of all in Star Trek.

C57D likes this.
  11. Mr. Laser Beam

And lest anyone accuse me of wanting "unicorns" :lol: , there is a show like that which I actually liked: Charlie Jade.

12. Haligan

Haligan Ensign Newbie

The first Starfleet Corp of Engineers ship.(Explains the radical design). The Shenzhou would be support and security.

13. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The year is 1987, and NASA launches the last of America's deep space probes. In a freak mishap, Ranger 3 and its pilot, Captain William "Buck" Rogers, are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes his life-support systems, and returns Buck Rogers to Earth, 500 years later."

Brainsucker and Mr. Laser Beam like this.
  14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

The U.S.S. Discovery is on a charting mission of the Tin-Tinn nebula where they stumble upon a new warp-faring civilization call the Ta'Ko who possess a unique technology that can be used as an infinite power source. They call it the Gor'Dii'Ta. However, they sound discover the Tal Shiar also have agents there, and one of them has stolen a device. Now it becomes a race against time as the Discovery chases have the agent before he can reach the neutral zone.

15. ThatChapThere

2487 is 100 years after Voyager.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

@Jackson_Roykirk was just making a humorous reference to the 1979 Buck Rogers TV series.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Brainsucker likes this.
  17. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

18. jcholl9

jcholl9 Cadet Newbie

My letter to Trek BBS just now...

Just so you know you can't have Star Fleet Klingon Captains in the TOS era right? TOS is Star Trek's past so do some research and don't mess with Star Trek history. Like many Star Trek fans we value what Trek history stands for.

I know you want to make this Star Trek look good for the younger crowd but at the same time you need to uphold your existing fan-base! You come out with Star Fleet Klingon Captains in the TOS past and your going to piss off a lot of people! All existing Star Trek fans on Youtube aren't happy with the way this show is heading!

And that Discovery ship design looks bad. If you want me to design a Ship design for you, All do it for FREE :)

But please don't mess with the history base of Star Trek and the values it stands for.

From a Trekie lover way back!!!

19. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

A hand picked crew from 2017, the enlightened age of social inversion equality (what the??), is plunged back in time to pre-psychedelic science fiction of the future. The vessel is Discovery. United Star Ship Discovery commissioned to go boldy without splitting its infinitive, where no man, woman, alien, three legged dog, tea drinker, coffee drinker, average joe, glory seeker, tinker, tailor, candle stick maker has gone before. They are led by some English bloke with scary blue eyes, a Number One, and several number twos. Critical to their success is the Medical Officer, Science Officer, Astrophysicist, and Mushroom Expert. Sadly left behind the Dust Expert and a guy who knows his carrots.

Episode One.. Discovery enters the orbit of a planet.. it's inhabitants huddle together.. one sits alone amongst the bones of a carcass. The mighty Federation ship breaks through the atmosphere breaching light and power. The inhabitant picks up a bone and starts to pound the skeletal remains of the carcass to the beat of Air Tonight. He raises it defiantly toward Discovery as the big ship attempts a landing..

Yeah, about that landing.. :p

20. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

It will be about the "Trump Incident" :D