Your most insane theory on what Discovery is going to be really about!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Jayson1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Everything we've seen and read about the show being a TOS prequel is a lie. The show is actually set post-VOY, and the "Sarek" in the show is actually a descendant of the original.

2. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Benjamin Button" Kirk?
    ---------

I think they will spend 13 episodes chronicling "Sherman" and the eponymous planet/colony he founds.

EDIT TO ADD:
    And, of course, the overarching storyline about Sherman and Sherman's Planet will involve the crew of Discovery dealing with Sherman's use and abuse of the Guardian of Forever, which he calls "The Wayback Machine".

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  3. ThatChapThere

ThatChapThere Lieutenant Red Shirt

They find an ancient Earth-Show called "Star Trek". Oh my goodness the temporal paradoxes.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking more along the lines of using makeup to make Shatner look younger and using it to make Pine look older. David Pollack since he is a clone with have a combination of young and old makeup. Sherman in your sceniaro will actually be clone Kirk taking that name to seperate himself. the show will be about Old Kirk and young Kirk raising clone Kirk as parents. the good thing for the show is Chris Pine will put his movie career on hold for about 5 years to do this new show.

Jason

5. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Women

Gary7 likes this.
  6. ThatChapThere

How about an explanation of Spock's line about one of his ancestors saying that once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Fine. Spock's mum descended from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Or Holmes if they share a universe. But what about the line from Sherlock where Watson calls Sherlock Spock? The Star Trek TV show exists and predicts the future? Both Sherlock and John know of Sherlock's time travelling descendent? This creates a Pythonesque muddle of reality.

saddestmoon likes this.
  7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

One or more novels had dolphin crew members working in Cetacean Ops aboard the Enterprise-D.

Non humanoids elsewhere could certainly have evolved space travel on their own.

Plus, during the mind-meld, the Horta may have read Spock's mind and learned of warp drive and whatnot.

RAMA likes this.
  8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek exists, as fiction, in the universe of the Sherlock TV show. That's all that is needed. Trek obviously isn't a TV show in its OWN reality, but it is in that one.

As for Sherlock Holmes in general: He's fictional in both universes. (Trek has, IIRC, made occasional references to the character, such as in "Elementary, Dear Data")

And it is not unusual, IMHO, for Spock to be a descendant of Doyle. On his mother's side, of course.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  9. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh. It really isn't that far-fetched to think that someone on Vulcan once independently had a thought that was similar to Conan-Doyle's writings. I'm fine with the idea that one of Spock's ancestors just happened to have the very similar thought, and when Spock puts that idea into Earth-English, he borrows the wording from Conan-Doyle.

I have more of a problem with that alleged truism actually being a truism. I mean, how do you know when you've actually eliminated the impossible? There could very easily be more explanations that you simply have not yet considered. If a potential explanation has not even been considered, then it cannot be eliminated as being impossible or verified as being an improbable truth.

In short, I think Doyle, Holmes, and Spock were each thinking illogically if they believed this idea to be a truism :vulcan:.

10. ThatChapThere

There are, however, numerous instances where there is a defined number of possibilities.

11. GravityWell

GravityWell Ensign Red Shirt

Conspiracy. Who the insects were, where they came from. How much they infiltrated the Klingons.

12. psCargile

psCargile Captain Captain

I want them to be the animated Kirk.

13. Apparition B5

Apparition B5 Commander Red Shirt

My most insane theory about Discovery?

At the end of the last episode, Dr. Sheldon Cooper will wake up and slowly realize that it was all a dream.

14. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

The search for what happened to the Robinsons and their ship the Jupiter 2.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Garth of Izar and the Battle of Axanar;)

16. ThatChapThere

Where Q came from.

17. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What David Bowman and HAL are up to after all these years.

18. ThatChapThere

A Spaceballs crossover.

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Two starships from Starfleet. At least one Klingon ship.
    There will be humans and aliens. It's a stretch, I know.

20. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Harry Mudd , The Early Years!

ThatChapThere likes this.