You know you're a TOS fan if...

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by JonnyQuest037, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Neopeius

Neopeius Admiral Admiral

Tell me about the Annuals!

We had the big blue glow in the dark Enterprise model and all the little models. I recently found an unopened box of the three-pack of ships as well as the K-7 which we had as kids.

2. Neopeius

Neopeius Admiral Admiral

Somewhere (the Enterprise blueprints?) they established that the Enterprise had three 8 hour shifts (as opposed to the U.S. Navy two 12 hour shifts). Yellow alert brought two of the three on duty. Red alert brought all three.

I really liked it when they showed Kirk off the bridge enjoying downtime. People *should* get time off.

3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mustn't say that in this day and age, Neopeius! We should work till we drop for the glory of our masters! Whoever or whatever they truly are! :evil:
    JB

uniderth and Neopeius like this.
  4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If you're still arguing about what century the show takes place in.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're still attempting to perfect screen-accurate starship deck plans.

6. Stibbons

Stibbons Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

My annual collection (plus a few other books). The art was often questionable, the stories were frequently laughable (particularly looking back on them now), but these were always on my Christmas list growing up in the 70's. Should really pick up the few I'm missing or that are in need of replacing with a better copy.

And while we're on the subject, the rest of the stash recovered from Mother's attic over Christmas-
    [​IMG]

The novel collection. I do have all the Blish Trek books, "Mudd's Angels" and "Spock Must Die", and Alan Dean Foster's Logs #1 through #8 (the latter just delivered today). I know there are a few gaps in the first generation novel set shown here. I've filled those now ("Fate of the Phoenix" & "The Starless World") and will be acquiring "Mission to Horatius" and the remainder of the Logs shortly.

Also these-
    [​IMG]

Still with the little (oversized) orange shuttle and all eight photon torpedoes for each ship present and correct. Bit of my RPG collection in the background there.

I sort of think I might actually be a TOS fan...

Kor, Lance, Marsden and 4 others like this.
  7. Neopeius

Neopeius Admiral Admiral

That's fantastic! I've never seen some of those. Maybe we should start a "Show off the Trek (TOS) stuff" thread, not for showing off so much as to illustrate the holes in our respective collections. :)

8. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice! I have a couple of pics handy, along those lines. Here are most of my non-fiction Star Trek books:
    [​IMG]
    Just take my word for having tons of fiction

And a small portion of my Star Trek music collection:
    [​IMG]

Kor, Lance, Stibbons and 1 other person like this.
  9. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must have had at least one of those annuals as a kid but I can't remember really!? I've got all the James Blish books, including Spock Must Die and Spock Messiah and most of those beauties in the pic! I think i read most of them in the seventies and then the eighties although I haven't read a lot of the ones i bought in the eighties..yet! :hugegrin:
    JB

Neopeius likes this.
  10. Neopeius

Neopeius Admiral Admiral

Those are beautiful!

Here's my Shrine to Star Trek:

[​IMG]

Those are my reference books, models, a puzzle, fanzines, and blueprints.

[​IMG]

Here's the fiction I've got (with a few post-TOS novels that snuck in there.)

[​IMG]

Those are my non-fiction books and the complete soundtrack. Somewhere, I've also gotten several of the Trek soundtracks that came out before this one.

[​IMG]

Star Fleet Battles and Star Trek -- The RPG. Also, a signed photo of Vic Minogna and Cas Anvar! (the signed Tasha Yar is in the other room)

[​IMG]

Serious Star Fleet Battles stuff. Books, SSDs, custom races, custom rules...

In fact, here is our custom Star Fleet Battles page, the first I ever made for the internet more than 20 years ago!

[​IMG]

I took down the blueprints and fanzines so you could see them. I hope to get more this month at a local con that has lots of good zines. The blueprints were sold at discount at my local college bookstore 25 years ago!

Keep em coming! I am loving seeing what you all have. You know you're a TOS fan if you want to see what everyone else has got... :)

Lance, Stibbons, ZapBrannigan and 2 others like this.
  11. MAGolding

MAGolding Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:)
    I don't recognize the strange looking Star Trek prop or toy on the right in the third picture from the top. What series or movie is it from? :)

Neopeius likes this.
  12. Neopeius

Neopeius Admiral Admiral

The Lights of Zetar, of course!

Lance, Stibbons and MAGolding like this.
  13. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

It depends, do you have a lawn?

Neopeius likes this.
  14. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

I have a lawn big enough it usually takes me two days to mow it all.

15. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

I'm liking the cover of "Devil World"

16. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

Admiral Neopeius: I'm getting rid of books and I wonder if you'd like a copy of the first Blish book to complete your numbered set. Gratis. (original edition)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  17. MAGolding

:beer:

Stibbons likes this.
  18. Stibbons

Stibbons Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You people have some lovely stuff. Those "Best of Trek" books are particularly intriguing, never seen them before, might have to acquire. And I'm very envious of the music collections, only got a few cds myself.

Anyway, on with the stuff. Don't forget the photonovels-
    [​IMG]

As for Fanzines, never got very many of those, but during the 70's in the UK there were 8 issues of a magazine called TV Sci-Fi Monthly, which concentrated on Dr. Who, Space 1999 and The Bionic Man/Woman but most particularly on Star Trek. It opened out and wasn't stapled, so you could take it apart unfold it into huge
    posters. Alas that there were no more than these 8 issues, and my first set fell apart long ago put I picked up issues 1-6 in a secondhand shop less than two miles from my home last year and just got 7 and 8 this week.
    [​IMG]

The posters were gorgeous-
    [​IMG]

And then there's the games! I did have Starfleet Battles, one of the early boxed sets, and loved it, but eventually sold it on. Something I deeply regret now. When I saw the Federation Commander "Ships of Franz Joseph" supplement I had to get that and have collected quite a bit of stuff for it now. I generally collect TOS Era games, not got the new Modiphius one yet, not sure if I will, hefty price tag on that one.
    [​IMG]

In the middle there is my current favourite "Far Trek". One reviewer described it as "A love letter to the original series", and he's not wrong. You can find a free download here- http://fartrekrpg.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Lance, Neopeius and ZapBrannigan like this.
  19. MAGolding

Where I lived up until a few years ago there were about two acres of lawns and other grasslands interrupted by buildings, driveways, trees, shrubs, rocks, a pond, etc., etc.. I once mowed the whole mowing area working all day, but I usually just mowed until the mower's tank ran out of gas and then again the next day, and by the time the whole area was done it was about time to start over again.

20. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

...you've declared that if any of the other Star Trek series or movies contradict TOS continuity in any way, they are obviously about a parallel universe.

JonnyQuest037 likes this.