Would it be cool if Philippa Georgiou showed up in Strange New Worlds?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by Kristine, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

Although I'd personally hate it (it'd be a continuation of the Discovery stupidity and would further worsen the "small universe syndrome"), I do think it will happen, because it's all about hype these days, not brains.

This (very Scottish) guy puts it perfectly:

Ragitsu likes this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nostalgia and small universe syndrome/interconnected universe sells. It doesn't take much brains to see that, and Trek was doing that even before the MCU (and other properties were doing that as well). While I find it annoying, this isn't a lack of brains but of appealing to the most number of audience members.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

If by "perfectly" you mean boorish, pretentious twaddle created by a boorish, pretentious twat intended for other boorish, pretentious twats, then sure.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's gotta be ways they can bring back Prime Georgiou. I mean, L'Rell said they ate her, but nobody actually saw that happen... ;)

I just hope Michelle Yeoh didn't decide that playing the prime version was boring or anything like that. I mean, she obviously loved playing the MU version, but I hope this doesn't mean she's not interested in Prime anymore.

5. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

No, I don't like Mirror Phillipa

6. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

As much as I love seeing Michelle Yeoh kicking dudes in the face, I don't think it would fit what they're going for with Strange New Worlds.

7. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

So, people who don't agree with you are "pretentious boorish twats"? You have no arguments, so you resort to insults? Your attitude is poisonous.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dude starts video off with a grand proclamation implying he's smarter and more mature than everyone else, and then immediately follows that up demonstrating he doesn't understand the material and weak-ass and throws in some snark about hookers and blow. Literally the definition of pretentious and boorish.

Jedman67, JoaquinSlowly and ScottJ85 like this.
  9. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

He's not wrong.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  10. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

Yes, his resorting to insulting me because I linked to something he disagreed with really changed my mind.
    I now agree that this scene:

Reflects how adults handle professional disagreements better than this scene:

Thanks, internet bullies!

11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Alright...criticism of the videos and the YouTube personality who made them are fair game. Let's not make or take the insults more personally than they need to be.

12. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

Point taken.

13. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

The guy in the video is exactly that.

14. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

The bolded part obviously means "you, who linked the video", but I'm not surprised internet moderators are biased.
    I would've loved criticism of the video, I in fact tried to re-rail to the point. But, no, insulting me because corporal_clegg (and those who liked it) can't argue the point is ok. I can't insult them back, though. I do expect you wouldn't like that. Mods. Worse than useless.

The comment was by an idiot who has to insult those who disagree because he can't refute the argument, and intended for other boorish idiotic twats.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Ragitsu likes this.
  15. The Old Mixer

Everyone involved in that exchange was given a friendly/informal warning. If you want to argue a moderator action, the place to do that is PM (the Conversation function), not publicly in the thread.

And yet...
    This is a straight-up flame. As everyone involved was already told to knock it off, this earns you a Warning for Flaming. Comments to PM.

Locutus of Bored likes this.
  16. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

For what it's worth, I apologise for my part in it.

17. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

It's exactly the same type of comment that was made towards me. But it was ok then, it's just not ok to reply. Biased mod.

18. The Old Mixer

What part of not arguing a mod action in the thread do you not understand? (That's a rhetorical question.) Your insistence on having to get in the last word publicly is liable to earn you another warning, because that is not how we do things around here.

Locutus of Bored likes this.
  19. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Back on track..

No, I don't want Phillipa to show up on SNW, Honesly love Michelle, but I do think the Emporer character is played out. If she was allowed to be evil, but evil with a good point, like section 31 is suppose to be like, then yeah, it would be good, but she's not even an Anti hero anymore, she's just 'Good" and there for boring. The writers have written her in to a a dead end street.. Her in Season 2 was good, having her in season 3 was.. boring.

Daddy Todd likes this.
  20. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

The part where that guy insults me and you're all in MY throat, that part.

Pot, kettle...

I don't know why you think I'm going to tolerate being abused just because you say so.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022