Wonder Woman 2 Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Total Film has released an exclusive new still:
    [​IMG]

They also give a preview to an interview with Patty Jenkins, read here.

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I still can't come up with a sensible way to get Pine back into the movie.. it has the potential to really cheapen the sacrifice he made in the first movie.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

John Ridlehoover of CBR.com has apparently read the full Total Film interview with Jenkins and found that there are apparently plans not only for a third Wonder Woman movie, but also for an Amazon spin-off movie.

From Jenkins' quotes, it sounds like the spin-off would be released between WW84 and the third Wonder Woman, but she'd like to not direct it (only produce). Good for her for setting limits and knowing not to exert herself.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  4. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been concerned about this too, but I'm trying to Trust In The Patty.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that a Spongebob quote? I looked and didn't find anything so if not it should be. :)

6. The Realist

Nope, it's a Realist original. :)

7. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Have...you guys watched the trailers? And do you know the basic outline of what the villains are up to? If it's what we think happens, it makes sense and I'm pretty sure I'll be in tears at the end of this movie, too.

8. The Realist

I have watched the trailers, but avoided any "unofficial" spoilers. I'm aware there are purported details floating around out there about the mechanism of Trevor's return, but I don't wanna know.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I’m going with time traveling robot shape shifting clone.

CorporalCaptain and Ovation like this.
  10. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

*nods* Oh, okay. Gotcha.

Dude, spoilers!!!

11. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

This kind of feels like a 'putting the cart before the horse' situation.

I know August is still a few months away, but WB/DC has got to be lowering their expectations somewhat as to how well this movie will perform box office wise; to be thinking about a third movie and an 'Amazon's' type movie.

Who knows when filming can begin again and what it will look like.

Because of social distancing and possibly fewer showings per day in order to allow for a thorough cleaning of the auditorium it's probably not going to be as 'front loaded' as the studio wants.

They may let it run longer in theaters or try and recoup their money by releasing it to VOD or Blu-ray earlier.

While there might be a pent up demand for new movies a lot of people's income (such as my own) has been affected by this pandemic.

The disposable income is not there anymore and right now choosing to keep the family fed and bills paid takes priority.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  12. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

As one does, of course.

13. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I may have missed one you allude to but so far he basically just appears and everyone, especially Diana, seems fine with it. Maybe i'm missing some hint that you picked up on since i'm no DC expert (mostly Marvel for me back in the day).

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the trailer Lord talks about getting your greatest desire, so I'm assuming that somehow ties into Steve coming back. The big question is if he's real, and whether or not he is able stick around past the end of the movie.

Avalon likes this.
  15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Chris Pine being back is weird, but its just about the least of this film's issues at this point. It could be done well, so unless I read some bad reviews that particular element doesn't bother me right now. Maybe if the film didn't have such huge, obvious problems I'd question Pine's return more. But, at a bare minimum it will be nice for there to be one other good actor in the film besides Gadot to try to compensate for the shitty in-name-only villains and the terrible design choices.

As for the potential for a third movie and a spinoff, I'd like for a new director to do WW3 if it gets made (maybe then we'd get good villains, something Jenkins seems to be absolutely incapable or unwilling to have), and I can't see an Amazons spinoff being very compelling (even though I did enjoy the Amazons in the first WW movie).

16. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

There're the legendary sunshine and optimism we've come to expect.

The Realist likes this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

18. The Realist

He's clearly not around in the time frame of BvS, the framing sequences of Wonder Woman, and Justice League, so I'm anticipating another tear-jerking bye-bye in this one. Jenkins's considerable challenge is to not have it come off as a cynical, lazy rehash that undermines the emotional power of the first movie.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, we never saw that much of her life outside of her superheroing in the other movies, so he could have been around just off camera. There's also almost 30 years between WW1984 and BvS, so he could always survive '84 but then die sometime before 2016.

20. The Realist

I think not. That his loss still weighs heavy on her is obvious in both WW and JL.