Why I Couldn't Get Enough Enterprise.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by SFRabid, Jul 11, 2008.

1. suebsg9

suebsg9 Commander Red Shirt

I like your description of Trip its great!!!

2. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

That is one reason I can watch reruns of Enterprise easier than any other ST series. I watch the little things that happens to the main characters as musch as I focus on the main plot.

3. Shirl

Shirl Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone - just joining the boards today and I have a question that I really need the answer to :o) ..... who sings the title song of the enterprise series ... I really love that song and sing it everytime it comes on LoL, but no matter how long and hard I stare at the credits, I cannot find the singer or the song title ... can anyone help please? ...... and I think T'pau [however it's spelt LoL] the vulcan is really cool.

4. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Russell Watson. That reminds me, I could take my Enterprise Soundtrack CD to Vegas and hope for a signature.

Anyway, you can search Amazon for "Star Trek Enterprise Soundtrack" and it will show up.

5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Myself, as a hard core TOS who saw TOS first run starting in 1968; I had no real issues with Enterprise OR it's oveall continuity, as I has actually watched TOS (as well as the later Star Trek series with the exceptiom of that utter crapfest Star Trek: Voyager which I completely gave up on after The 37's); - and in ENT's 4 seasons, the only "major" continuity violation I could see was the Romulan's already having cloaking technology in Minefield.

Nothing else in the series violated any TOS on screen canon (although lot of 'fanon' was destroyed). I really liked the fact that they went the route they did; and ENT was the first post TOS 'Star Trek' series that I felt REALLY recaptured the original spirit of TOS - as opposed the the 'perfect, always in the right humanity' that was TNG (Yes, DS9 did start to get away from this; but the whole underlying 'perfect, enlightened humanity' context was still there).

I really liked the fact that they DID have character growth (and sorry, inserting a line into an episode that Picard was once an amatuer archeologist, and bringing it up again occasionally AIN'T 'character growth'). Archer did start off as somewhat easy going and naive; and they actually progressed the character from that point. For me, I think the 'turning point' where they had the character 'grow up' a bit was in Regeration when he orders the borgified alien frieghter crewmembers spaced to save his ship. I loved that scene; and from that point forward Scott Bakula did start to play the character a bit differently.

I also LOVED what they did with the Vulcans. They did them well, and it was definitely a race that would grow into the Vulcan society we caught glimpses of in TOS with Amok Time and Journey To Babel. If there was a group of shows that turned the Vulcans into something they weren't (from TOS); it was the 24th century era series.

Was ENT perfect? Hell no; but neither was TOS. In the end though, while I still consider TOS to be #1; ENT is a very close #2; and I do wish we'd have gotten at least one more season (I would have loved to see it get the 'modern series' 7 season standard too).

6. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am all for destroying fanon.

And as for Archer, it was awesome seeing him in the first two seasons because he had this "ready fire aim" air about him when it came to hands-on exploration. I can't blame him for that because I'd be doing the exact same thing, hell if we got into space right now I'd be practically jumping into the airlock without sealing my EV suit all the way!

I also loved how the Xindi attack hardened him into Airlock Archer (as number6 put it). Of course the 9/11 parallels are there but major tragedies tend to do that to people in general.

As I told folks at the convention, I was so sick of Trek being invincible and all-knowing. It was nice to see the ENT crew do foolish things, get their asses handed to them in battles, and be totally awkward or culturally biased. Also, I like how brains saved them many times when brawn couldn't.