Poll Which Enterprise do you think we'll see?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Lord Garth, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Which Enterprise do you think we'll see?

1. Enterprise-D (Rebuilt)

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Enterprise-E

72 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Enterprise-F

30 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. Another Enterprise

10 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. None of the Enterprises!

25 vote(s)
    15.1%
  6. We'll see Voyager instead!

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. We'll see the Titan instead!

7 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. We'll see a Galaxy Class Starship that's not the Enterprise

16 vote(s)
    9.6%
  9. None of the Above!!!

21 vote(s)
    12.7%
  10. I like vanilla cake with chocolate frosting and buttercream!

30 vote(s)
    18.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Captain Captain

Enterprise-E would be my bet.

A Galaxy Class ship (Captained by either Geordi La Forge or a former lower level member of the TNG crew, like Lt. Jae)

NX Refit might be a possibility. Not necessarily in action, but in a museum.

Otherwise, I expect the Titan. IDK if any cares to see Voyager & Captain Chakotay.

2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

How is it unoriginal? No other ship looks like it.

I said Starfleet Starship. I.E. Not alien or shuttle.

NCC-73515 likes this.
  3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wouldn't that be very similar to the Cheyenne and Niagara?

Gonzo likes this.
  4. Arpy

Arpy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It’s interesting that La Forge captained the Challenger. It was just a little wink to the fans, but it also puts him in play in roles other than engineering or writing. Still, I think I prefer him not in a command position. I think I prefer this show shying away from anything too cliche, including a cavalry save.

My suspicion is that we’ll see or hear about Beverly later in the season. And that we’ll see the rest of the TNG cast next season. Worf I’m still seeing eyeing a seat on the High Council and Geordi....he really should have been involved this season if we’re talking Data’s daughter.

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Not sure what you're talking about. The only one of his designs to have impulse engines directly in line of the bussards is the Enterprise-B.

None of his or any other designer's DSC ship designs are like that either. Nor are any of the Kelvin Timeline ships like that. I suggest you actually look at all those designs again.

I can't think of any STO designs like that either, though they have so many it's possible I'm missing one.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  6. Search4

Search4 Captain Captain

Well I think the thread is barking up the wrong tree.

The (only) ship in the title sequence is the Borg Cube. How about if that’s the “save the day” ship?

SpocksOddSocks likes this.
  7. Arpy

So, yeah, that.

Also, the E-E's similarly comically-large impulse engines seen from above are angled into the Bussards.

BillJ and Blip like this.
  8. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You're focusing on the wrong part of the statement: The impulse engine incident is merely the very first example of the lack of care and attention put into those designs, ie, the don't give a fuck ethos.

I certainly don't need to "actually look" at his designs, since I recognise the damn things right off the bat.

9. Dryson

Dryson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We probably won't be seeing the NCC-1701-E, F or bloody G anytime in the future. The old crew is finishing up their lives as solemn reminders of the Old Federation of Planets.

Maybe at the last minute though we will see the new Enterprise and her crew.

Arpy likes this.
  10. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I don't think they have ever been used except when the c is on screen which makes it two ships that we know of, the USS Ambassador and the Enterprise C.

Perhaps only a few were made or there was a design fault in them, perhaps they weren't a big enough advance beyond the Excelsior to warrant large numbers being made.

Especially when the Excelsior class was so widely used there may not have been a need for large numbers of the Ambassador class to be built.

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

There was always only a limited number of the Constitution class and possibly only the one like the Enterprise A because they started building Excelsiors instead which makes sense.

I always saw the Enterprise A as a one off for Kirk.

It never bothered me that we never saw another one.

saddestmoon likes this.
  12. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Well the Cheyenne is a bit small and it looks like it is using the Ambassador saucer, the Niagara looks alright though.

I meant more ships with 3-4 nacelles rather than specifically the Enterprise D.

As I was talking design lineage and some were happy to have something different.

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

I see a lot of care and effort put into the designs. If you read any of his notes on how he designed them, he did put thought into them.

14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Assuming the thrust goes straight back, which it should, they’re not. The bussards are still out of range. They're also below the bussards.

[​IMG]

saddestmoon likes this.
  15. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

i just assumed the season would end like discovery's first season did. the enterprise-e comes flying out of a nebula. but since that ship is 25 years old, she's gonna be backfiring and sputtering and shit.

saddestmoon likes this.
  16. Arpy

Look at the photos I posted. In the real world the thrust may go straight back, but in this design, it doesn’t. Also, look at the size of those impulse engines: you think even if it’s going straight back, it’s not going to incinerate everything behind it? They wanted the oversized engines without the oversized reality.

17. Crazyewok

Crazyewok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I believe one was at wolf 359 in the battle scene of emissary.

Gonzo likes this.
  18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

In VOY's "Timeless", he was exactly that.

Perhaps we'll see BOTH ships - the Enterprise-E, under Worf, and Geordi on the Challenger.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I would be fine with that.

Nice to see a refit of either class.

20. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

https://images.app.goo.gl/kBcU7uxsDCohQWZF7