Poll Which Enterprise do you think we'll see?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Lord Garth, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Which Enterprise do you think we'll see?

1. Enterprise-D (Rebuilt)

6 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Enterprise-E

72 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Enterprise-F

30 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. Another Enterprise

10 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. None of the Enterprises!

25 vote(s)
    15.1%
  6. We'll see Voyager instead!

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. We'll see the Titan instead!

7 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. We'll see a Galaxy Class Starship that's not the Enterprise

16 vote(s)
    9.6%
  9. None of the Above!!!

21 vote(s)
    12.7%
  10. I like vanilla cake with chocolate frosting and buttercream!

30 vote(s)
    18.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

If she was lying about not having enough ships, Picard would have easily been able to find out the truth. But nothing of the sort happened, so I'm taking Clancy at her word. She was already going to deny Picard his request whether she had an available ship or not, so lying about how many ships Starfleet had would not have mattered.

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

I do think something else was going on behind the scenes, we have yet to see all the pieces.

I mentioned earlier that it could have been the Tellarites or the Andorians who were against the rescue.

What if it was actually the Vulcans who were against it, now that would be telling wouldn't it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2020
  3. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

She had plenty of ships for Picard now, 14 years later. Even then there were loads — just not for a massive evac fleet.

That is if you believe her. Which, again, there is plenty of reason to doubt her. Picard gave her a revised evac plan and the only problem with it was the crews which would have been fine if synths. The Federation scrapped the synths.

But, really, even if the synths weren’t the issue, I tell you I need this many men to hold this hill and my colonel says he knows you can make due with that many, who’s right? It’s open to differing assessments.

Gonzo likes this.
  4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

When did she say that?

5. Arpy

When Picard and Raffi were proposing their second wave, presumably there were maybe hundreds or even thousands of nonessential and mothballed ships. This was six years after the Dominion War. Raffi prepared for the ships argument — it was the manpower argument that sank the plan.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  6. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

There is no canon source that he did not build it.

Tim Thomason and Gonzo like this.
  7. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Its not that they don’t have enough ships. Its that the ferries and shipyards were destroyed. Starfleet could have rebuilt their fleet in the time period between the end of the Dominion War and the Romulan Supernova. Which doesn’t sound all that different from the Klingons and their fleet.

Starfleet has just become isolationist, which goes against their exploratory nature. And made a political decision to not help the Romulans to prevent an exodus of Federation worlds that were opposed to helping.

Former TNG crew captaining their own Galaxy class ships is a possibility.

Wonder if the USS Pasteur is around, regardless as to whether Beverly Crusher is the captain or not.

I think it got quietly retired. I never got the sense that Captain Harriman was considered to be a remarkable captain. And if Demora Sulu took over as Captain at some point, it would have been mentioned somewhere. Its possible that the Harriman era is just considered boring by Starfleet standards.

It's entirely possible that he did leave Starfleet to build ships, including the Jellyfish.

Gonzo likes this.
  8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Er, first of all, saying that there were ‘hundreds or thousands’ of mothballed ships is just your conjecture. No amount of ships was ever given. There could have been 20 for all we know. Second, none of that had anything to do with what Clancy told Picard. If Picard knew that there were ‘hundreds or thousands’ of ships available, he would have told that to Clancy when she rejected his request. But he didn’t. Clancy told him that Starfleet didn’t have enough ships left, and Picard didn’t disagree with her.

The Jellyfish was commissioned by the Vulcan Science Academy as per the 2009 film. The VSA has nothing to do with Starfleet.

SolarisOne likes this.
  9. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All those who think we'll see Enterprise-E are completely wrong. Picard is all about getting away from same old Trek. Enterprise-E is SAME OLD , and even if it was a refit, everyone we'll be like, "well, there is Enterprise-E with new nacelles.. so what's for dinner?" It's not exciting, it's too obvious, it's too simple.
    Picard MO has been trying to excite and do the unexpected at every possibility. So IF there was an Enterprise shown at end of the Season 1, which Enterprise would fit the "exciting and unexpected" criteria? Enterprise-F could be exciting, but hardly unexpected...
    On the other hand Enterprise-D would be exciting and unexpected (as far as anyone knows, it's destroyed, so no one will be expecting it). They already spent the time and effort to render it for the premier. Do you think they spent all that time and effort for two second shot? I'm telling you, IF there will be anything at all, it WILL be Enterprise-D

Viper78 and Dukhat like this.
  10. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Well, if they brought in the Enterprise-F, would it be like the one in STO? Or would it be a completely different class?

Enterprise-E was originally supposed to be a Nova class ship. Would the producers ever use that though?

11. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed, they're basically bitter rivals in the 2009 movie version of things. But of course LaForge could work for the Vulcans now.

It's just pretty difficult to see why on Earth LaForge would. It's not as if he's a big fan of Vulcans or Spock in canon, or interested in shipbuilding unless bottles are involved, or anything.

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat likes this.
  12. ITDUDE

1. Enterprise-F from STO is 9 years old IRL (see note above SAME OLD, SAME OLD)
    2. STO is not canon, so it's not very likely ANY designs from STO will be used
    3. STO takes place in 2410 or so, so it doesn't even line up with events of Picard

13. Arpy

“First of all,” that’s an unrealistic number. We’re looking at a Federation which “thousands” of worlds, by Clancy’s numbers, depended on.

You know you’re watching at TV show, right? They’re not going to come up with every angle in a every conversation so that the bulletin boards can have an easier time of it. Given what rationalizing apologists we are anyway, they could have said Starfleet is comprised of six starships and show 10,000 and we’d be on it.

1. How do you think he wanted the evacuation to happen without any ships?

2. The opening scene from, what, the next episode is Picard and Raffi going over their proposal to Starfleet, and they specifically referred to there being enough ships.

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm not interested in reality. I'm only interested in what was stated in dialogue.

Yes, I do. Which is why, as I stated above, I'm not interested in reality.

Except we're talking about two different things. You're talking about the evacuation in 2385 before and immediately after the synth attack. I'm talking about Starfleet's state of affairs in 2399. And in 2399, Clancy stated that Starfleet doesn't have enough ships.

15. Arpy

Fair enough.

For what? To give Picard a single small transport to find Soji? There’s no ship shortage now. And there’d still be enough ship for that even during a ships shortage. She just doesn’t want to help him.

16. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

As much as I'd love it to be the Enterprise-D and believe me I really wish that would be done, I can't see how they could explain that one. That's why I think it will be a Enterprise-E refit as it really isn't that old in starship terms also John Eaves had a design for the refit Ent-E for the end of Nemises which wasn't shown that could now make an appearance.
    [​IMG]

Personally I'd prefer a Galaxy class (USS Galaxy, Challanger) with a TNG crew member as captain. I think that seeing the Galaxy class would have more meaning than any other ship.

17. ITDUDE

Ahh a new paint scheme. That will excite the masses...:whistle:

Viper78 likes this.
  18. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yes, she made it crystal clear that she didn't want to help him, because she was pissed that he dissed Starfleet in the interview. She had no reason at all to tell him that they didn't have enough ships, or even make that up to dissuade Picard. She didn't have to tell him jack; all she had to do was deny his request and tell him to leave. So there's no reason why she would lie about it.

19. Arpy

She was talking about back then, not now.

20. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exclusive from the season finale script!

Picard et al. will be watching through La Serena's viewport as they approach one of the Starfleet tugs built for the Romulan Exodus. As the ship passes over the primary hull to reveal a second ship sitting behind it. It is a Galaxy Class starship! Picard's face lights up as the camera pans across the registry: USS ENTERPRISE, NCC-1701-D-A.

PICARD: My friends, we've come home.

Cue Leonard Rosenman Christmas-Carol-Like music. Roll end credits.

Turtletrekker, Phoenix219 and Viper78 like this.