Which Doctor Did You Like Better...Dr. Crusher or Dr. Pulaski?

If you try to describe Crusher’s character without mentioning (to use the RLM test) what her profession is, the costume she wore, what she looked like, or the fact that she’s a parent…and you are going to have a really hard time.

She is a gentle, generally quiet and very compassionate woman who, depending on the situation can display a surprising amount of civil courage and become very headstrong when it comes to helping others, even if she puts herself in danger. She enjoys theatre and dancing, and can be adorkable about that, but also tries to hide those aspects of herself from professional colleges and co-workers.

Not saying she wasn't under-developed, she was, but there was *some* character there that could easily have been expanded into more.

Pulaski.

If you try to describe Crusher’s character without mentioning (to use the RLM test) what her profession is, the costume she wore, what she looked like, or the fact that she’s a parent…and you are going to have a really hard time.

She’s one of the most wooden, unremarkable, indistinguishable Star Trek characters ever conceived.

Candlefucker?

I wonder if Bev got aroused watching Beauty and the Beast?

I think I'm going to write a fanfiction where Pulaski tries to prove that Data is not Human, or incapable of human emotion/sapient thought by sleeping with him.

Of course she has to do it many times, to prove that his moves are not recorded reproduction of seen acts, or something Soong programmed into him to repeat without variation every time a person asks for him to perform.

Candlefucker?

I wonder if Bev got aroused watching Beauty and the Beast?

e30.jpg

think I'm going to write a fanfiction where Pulaski tries to prove that Data is not Human, or incapable of human emotion/sapient thought by sleeping with him.

Of course she has to do it many times, to prove that his moves are not recorded reproduction of seen acts, or something Soong programmed into him to repeat without variation every time a person asks for him to perform.

Trek gets kinky in a big way.

And... is this a bad thing?
It’s a very good thing for his fortunate partner.

Maybe less so for him. Just as forming a nose doesn’t give him a sense of smell, forming a penis probably doesn’t give him sexual sensation.

I always wondered about Odo having sex with solids. Dude has a prehensile penis whose size and shape he can vary at will.

Under situations of extreme pleasure, I doubt Odo can stay solid.

He is the wet spot.

Yaphit from the Orville, who is gelatinous, seemed to mummify Cassidy Yates during intercourse.

It's been my assumption that Odo can't enjoy solid sex, different senses, pleasure responses, and no orgasms, meanwhile it's difficult to allow a solid to join the link.

Last edited:
Pulaski. She had fire, an arc in her relationship with Data (going from disdain to support), challenged Picard as a character, and grew beyond her origins as a McCoy-clone.

Crusher, on the other hand, was nothing more than Janice Rand with a medical degree, and a character very much in service of two male characters--Wesley and Picard.

I honestly don't understand the comparison between Janice Rand and Crusher, as stated here. They look almost nothing alike, (I mean, Dr. Crusher had blonde hair during a short time in the movies, but still) and she seemed independent enough from Wesley and Picard to me. Then again, I tend to look at it like this: while Star Wars fans generally say Princess Leia was their space mom, I think of Dr. Crusher as my space mom, probably because my real Mom even LOOKS like Dr. Crusher, and both are in the medical field. Janice Rand served almost no purpose other than being an eye candy secretary for a few episodes; Dr. Crusher had much more range and purpose, although obviously Sub Rosa was a step in the wrong direction (then again, very few characters had any really standout episodes centered on just them in Season 7).

EDIT: How did I not notice that this is a ten year old comment? Sorry guys, someone bumped the thread, I didn't notice, and here we are.

Crusher all the way. I hate to be a Pulaski basher, but I didn't like her character at all.

I just saw this topic. From a medical and crew point of view, I am a big Crusher fan. She is a great doctor. Pulaski, on the other hand, is a better character. A bit acerbic for TNG, but she was a great addition to the series. Much in the vein of McCoy, which I think was deliberate. I don't think it worked for TNG.

Back