Poll What's your favorite animated series?

Favorite animated show?

• Star Trek TAS

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Star Trek Lower Decks

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Star Trek Prodigy

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

trekfan_1

Captain
Captain
Honestly not sure where fandom stands on this. Straightforward question as to which animated Star Trek series is your favorite and why.

I voted for Lower Decks, but I do want to qualify that with the fact that I consider my "favorite" animated Star Trek show and the "best" Star Trek animated show to be two different shows. Personal preference over objective observation.

I love everything about Lower Decks-- the characters, the stories the goofiness and the so-called fan service. I can pop on any given episode at any given time and enjoy it just as much as the first time I watched it. Easily my favorite.

But, objectively, Prodigy is a better Star Trek show. It breaks new ground for the franchise, telling a different kind of story with a different kind of crew while still remaining true to the spirit of Star Trek, and managing to remain almost entirely its own thing at the same time. It is possibly, in its own way, the best Star Trek show of the new era.

That said, even when it was still available on Paramount plus, if I had to choose between rewatching one or the other, it would almost invariably be Lower Decks.

Favorite versus best.

Last edited:
I have only seen a few episodes of TAS, but I will at some point see them all.
I have seen every episode of Lower Decks except for this new season.
I have seen all of PRO up to this point.

PRO wins by a landslide. It's not even a contest.

Prodigy for me.

While LDS is fun and very enjoyable, it is also very disposable. TAS is the same way. Some interesting concepts and fun storylines, but nothing that I go, "Yes, that's got me."

Prodigy has a hook that drives it forward.

Undoubtedly TAS--which achieved what the majority of ST spin-offs could not: act as a believable next chapter of a ST universe, including the purpose, heart and spirit championed by TOS.

Prodigy
Lower Decks (Even though I've really been enjoying Lower Decks this season)
Animated Series (Which has more than 2 great episodes, like How Sharper a Serpants tooth and Magiks of Mangus-tu)

TAS did the impossible: It made William Shatner's performance DULL.
Couldn't finish the series, the only Star Trek that bested me.

Lower Decks and Prodigy are neck and neck. I'd have to give it to Lower Decks overall but Prodigy really is that good that it's a shame it's not on more people's radar.

I love Prodigy and think it's the best of the modern Star Trek series'.

But I had to vote for TAS. Because it's been my bizarro insane Trek love since I was a kid. Even when it's objectively terrible, that just makes me love it more.

Lower Decks I adore too.

1. Prodigy. Janeway is of course awesome, but I also like Rok-tak and Murf. Even Dal grew on me over time.

2. Lower Decks. The wacky cast of characters is awesome. I see a lot of myself in Boimler.

3. The Animated Series. Watched a few episodes, but never really got into this one.

Prodigy, which I liked better than I thought I would, followed closely by TAS.

Not a knock on Lower Decks. I just haven't watched it in a long time. It's not really my type of thing. Though, from what I can tell through the Internet, I'd probably like the Vulcan character.

The one I will knock is Very Short Treks. Fuck that shit. There's no other way for me to say it than to say it.

Back