What was the first STAR TREK episode you ever saw?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Kal-El, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Of course it was...which is why I responded gently and not assholeishly (if I may be allowed to use a silly, made-up word). :)

2. RapidNadion

RapidNadion Commander Red Shirt

I recall seeing an episode of TAS when I was very young -- 6ish -- and can someone help me out here by telling me if there was ever an episode of TAS where this happens: Kirk and party are on a planet's surface and are following a signpost's direction arrow. When they pass out of frame, the signpost descends into the ground and re-emerges, pointing the other direction.

I've been trying to clear this up for years -- is there an episode like that, or did I make it up in my mind?

Anyway, the first episode I clearly remember is the TNG Episode "Identity Crisis." I was maybe 8 at this point. That episode terrified me -- the blue alien Geordi was turning into, of course, was frightening, but for some reason I was REALLY chilled to the bones when he's in the holodeck piecing together the footage of the away mission, and the computer creates that clay-looking sculpture of a man out of nowhere. My 8-year-old self was pretty creeped out, but then I was a bit sheltered.

3. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TAS - "BEM" when I was about five or six in reruns on Nickelodeon.

TOS - "A Piece of the Action" about four months after BEM. Rerun on local WXIN-59 (now the Fox affilliate) at 5 PM. Watched daily M-F.

TNG - "Too Short a Season" during the hiatus reruns of TNG's first season. Again on WXIN, aired Saturday nights at 7 PM.

DS9 - "Emmissary" First run... never missed a first-run DS9 episode until the fifth season when I moved to a congregation where I couldn't get cable and where rabbit ears wouldn't bring in the signal. Again on WXIN.

VOY - "Caretaker" First run on UPN affilliate WTTV-4. Began missing first run episodes in the second season, and I didn't much care for the show.

ENT - "Broken Bow" Never missed a first-run episode. UPN affilliate was, at that time, WNDY-23.

4. AdmiralGarak

AdmiralGarak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A friend had turned on the tv and briefly pointed his favorite show. To be specific, it was the scene from "The Mind's Eye" where LaForge casually kills O'Brien. Of course, I had absolutely no idea what the heck was going on, but the scene stuck with me.

It must have been a rerun, since the show started its fifth season when I started watching reguarly a few weeks later.

I couldn't begin to say what my first TOS episode was. DS9, ENT, and TAS were the pilot episodes. Voyager was "Time & Again".

5. Mandra

Mandra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You're probably thinking of the animated episode, "Once Upon A Planet"

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The first episode I ever remember watching was "Where Silence Has Lease"

7. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

The first Star Trek I watched was Star Trek: Generations on TV sometime in 1996. Surprisingly, I kept watching ;)

I then started watching Voyager and DS9 that year, while watching TNG and TOS in syndicated repeats.

8. aussie_rules

aussie_rules Commander Red Shirt

TOS "Shore Leave" A video from the $2 shop

9. Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn Captain Captain

'The Ultimate Computer'

I was probably about five or six, watched it in my mother's friends house, I'd be lying if i said i understood what was going on, I just knew it was exciting. Star Trek III came next at the Cinema with my Grandad, and that was me hooked for life.

10. Masao

Masao Commodore Commodore

Amok Time, on a black and white Zenith TV, 1967, KROC-TV, Rochester, MN

11. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Unsure, but the first I REMEMBER seeing was 'Savage Curtain' in 1970.

12. Remus

Remus Ensign Red Shirt

The very first episode, first run, original tv. I was just a kid. My dad was a NASA engineer. Our neighbor down the street was a physicist there as well. We got together to watch it. The wives disappeared somewhere. My mother could never stand looking at Mr. Spock and his ears! I adored them on the other hand! (My mother and I never agreed about anything.)
    I lived Star Trek and recorded it on an audio recorder. Remember, this was way before VHS.

13. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I may have watched earlier episodes, but the first episode I distinctly remember seeing was "Miri". I was just a young pup in 1966 and the episode kind of freaked me out.

14. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

^ And now you're a GRUP! :eek: ;)

15. GMac

GMac Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The first ep I can ever remember seeing was "The Corbomite Maneuver" when it first aired on BBC1 in the early 70's (I think it was 1973, but I'm not 100% certain) - the Balok puppet creeped me out somewhat, but then I was only 6 at the time :D

GM

16. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Time To Stand, the season 6 premiere of DS9.

17. JM1776

JM1776 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The Corbomite Maneuver." I was young enough to think you had to crouch like that whenever transporting, and remember incorporating that belief while playing Star Trek in the backyard. :D

18. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

My parents watched it as I was growing up...so practically from infancy.

My first real memory though is of Capt. Pike's face freaking me out in The Menagerie. That was on KPTV-12 in Portland, OR, by the way.

I find it kind of funny that a number of us who were exposed to ST at a young ager were originally scared/freaked out by some element but continued to watch anyway!

19. zakfa

zakfa Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think it was Devil in the Dark or Arena. I can't really remember which but those episodes seem to be my earliest memories of Trek.

20. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

It was some TOS episode, back when I was 8 or 9 in 92-93. I'm not sure what it was, but my Dad was watching it, so the rest of the family was. I definately remember watching Operation: Annihilate! and Amok Time when I was younger. I watched the end of TWOK randomly at some point and was convinced that Spock had died for good.:eek:

It's not until 94 when TNG was ending that I got into it more heavily when my cousin was watching it and DS9. I think it was 96 when I was becoming a total nerd and the 30th anniversary stuff was happening. I finally found out what really happened to Spock. I thought the other films happened first. :lol:

Was I ever that young?