What If: Captain Riker of the USS Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Emperor Norton, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I've never heard of those people, except for Captain Janeway. Are they celebrities of some sort? Or are you just making them up?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

They whisper things to Guy in his sleep.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Let me amend my previous post as just a response to the OP haha. :lol:

"Didn't read the thread the whole way through but..."

No.

:D

4. Melakon

Dang, I finally found my boot disk for the old Lionsgate game "The Movies" and its add-on "TM: Stunts and Effects". Unfortunately my mouse wheel doesn't work so I can't zoom in on things. For the last few days, I've thought about adapting Star Trek episodes into relatively generic sci-fi. Too bad I don't have episode audio tracks.

5. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: :techman:

...glad you are back, Emperor!

6. Melakon

We can now prepare to sacrifice HIjol.

7. teacake

OH yeah! I almost forgot about that!

Melakon, you're so organized, thank you.

8. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

...HIjol stands, little chilly, if you want to know, as Teacake had promised him some fuzzy slippies or jackboots or some such...he is in the Maktar Stealth Trance, waiting for the Ultimate Sacrifice...through the haze, he hears a vile, ensnaring combination of Jimmy Hendricks and "Springtime for Hitler"...and what in the hell are those soaring French Horns???...Alex?...Alexander???...somethingbrave?. ..courage??? ...he cannot make it out...and what are his captors?/handlers? on about...Hirogies or pirogues, or...but wait!...the Maktar could not keep the horrificable thought from leaping to his hazed mind...HIROGEN!!!!...that is what the one called Melakon was saying...HIjol could barely but remember the way the Hunt and Kill went...entrails...sinew...musculature...(wow, HIjol was impressed he could form mental pictures under the amount of stealth haze he had taken and wished for one just one more little hit)...musculature...tendons???...hey! what is a little lube between friends! he remembered Teacake saying that was going to be a part...but THIS?...sure, Voyager was ever-so-watchable, and Janeway was an Utter Babe...though, truth to tell, 7 was intimidating as hell to him...pro'ly would never have consummated...he could hear the EMH through that Incessant Chorus with visions of a starship going past a cloud or some damn thing...hear the EMH asking him what the nature was of his medical emergency, and HIjol having to tell him he had PA with THE hottest borgness ever...no, THAT was not gonna happen...ok, that is settled, he was outta there...ok, gotta get to 88 mph at 1.21 gigawa...no, wrong show...and how the HELL do I undo this Velcro shit...oh, just pull...mmm...that stealth haze...hee hee...no, back to it...and Ryker was only ever just ok with me...teacake, Melakon, Norton and Guy...Oh, My!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  9. picardo

picardo Lieutenant Red Shirt

With all due respect, Riker would not last a day on Voyager.

10. teacake

B'Elanna wouldn't put up with all his barking that's for sure.

And I imagine that Chak would take him aside at some point and say, "with all due respect, you're being a dick."

11. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Couldn't see it working, as where do you put Janeway? Can't see being the leader of the Maquis. There is one positive out of this. No Chakotay. Best leave Voyager has it was done.

12. Captain Kathryn

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....

No.

13. Captain Kathryn

I am pretty sure B'Elanna, Seven, and Janeway would team up and do something nasty to Riker for his chauvinistic remarks. At the very least Janeway would yell at him to keep his leg down off the console or something.

14. teacake

"I've had dogs that were better trained."

You know you want her to say that :lol:

15. Captain Kathryn

^Yes. :lol:

2takesfrakes
    needs to come in and defend his man. :p

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of my favourite lines form coupling...

"Men are just like Dogs, except for the loyalty."

In theory, from the perspective of every other bugger still living in the Alpha Quadrant, until they got word back, Janeway didn't last a day either.

Before Hunters, can you imagine what sort of loser the History books thought of Kathryn Janeway?

17. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Riker would've made it back to Alpha Quadrant by the end of Caretaker. Screw the Ocampa.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IWi2LperuQ[/yt]

Riker has a lot of wild oats to sow. Unlike Janeway, Riker can't survive on a sexless ship for 7 years.
    No holodeck romance either. Looking at you Fair Haven and Janeway's gothic holonovel >_>
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkfm_m2ouo[/yt]

18. Melakon

Nothing to add, except that tonight my cat broke my new headphones bought about 2 weeks ago. :wtf: They were working 90 minutes ago. She's destroyed two or three phone cords, but I think this is the first time she went after headphones. They were only ten dollars, but when you don't know how much is in the bank to spend, it might as well be a hundred. She likes to chew on the wires. I don't know how she avoids anything plugged into an electrical socket. So I'm without sound again.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

9 lives. You have no idea how many she has worked through.

Riker would be 35 by the time he's the Captain of Voyager in Caretaker.

His wild oats are sewn.

It's time to settle down and make babies.

20. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

NEVA!
    With people living well in to their hundreds by the 23rd and 24th centuries. There are many more fields to plow. But alas Riker settled for witherd pastures that is Troi in NEM.