What games are you playing currently?

I was playing Horizon Forbidden West and thought I heard a familiar voice. Yep.. Tim Russ plays chaplain Jetakka, a pretty interesting minor character you meet in one of the desert Tenakth settlements. He's on at least one quest, and can be found later after another major one where has has some follow-up conversation.

I was playing Horizon Forbidden West and thought I heard a familiar voice. Yep.. Tim Russ plays chaplain Jetakka, a pretty interesting minor character you meet in one of the desert Tenakth settlements. He's on at least one quest, and can be found later after another major one where has has some follow-up conversation.

Please tell me when of the quests is to find something and if you come back empty handed you have the option to say "I aint found shit" :rommie::rommie::rommie:

In the Mass Effect trilogy, it strikes me that when you visit the Citadel in each of the games, it looks so different to each previous game. I can understand it looking different in the second game due to a rebuild, but the 3rd game has it looking still very different to how it appeared in the 2nd game. I suppose it's one way for them to simulate other areas that were never previously seen, but I miss the layout of the first game.

So besides some Forza Motorsport, I also started playing Cocoon and The Expanse: A Telltale series and I'm enjoying both. Cocoon is a sweet little indie puzzle game with some clever gameplay mechanics. And The Expanse is a prequel to the show with Drummer as the lead.

So besides some Forza Motorsport, I also started playing Cocoon and The Expanse: A Telltale series and I'm enjoying both. Cocoon is a sweet little indie puzzle game with some clever gameplay mechanics. And The Expanse is a prequel to the show with Drummer as the lead.

This sounds really good. I have never done a Telltale game but read good reviews of their titles. Might look into this one as I like the show.

This sounds really good. I have never done a Telltale game but read good reviews of their titles. Might look into this one as I like the show.
Well I've only played through about 40% of the game so far, I can't really comment on the rest. But I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Plus the reviews have been fairly positive.

Currently playing AC Mirage. Have Spider-Man 2 downloaded and waiting.

My other half projectile puked on my gaming laptop last weds. and so far as I can tell it's deader than dead. I don't know if fixing it is even an option because I can't even get it to try and turn on. So I'm heartbroken. Guess I'll be playing more console games until I can save up some serious money.

Currently playing AC Mirage. Have Spider-Man 2 downloaded and waiting.

My other half projectile puked on my gaming laptop last weds. and so far as I can tell it's deader than dead. I don't know if fixing it is even an option because I can't even get it to try and turn on. So I'm heartbroken. Guess I'll be playing more console games until I can save up some serious money.

You can't maybe do a teardown and clean of the boards outside?

Clean the insides with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs

You can't maybe do a teardown and clean of the boards outside?

Clean the insides with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs

Maybe. It's an alienware and completely inaccessible to this mere mortal. Like you can't even access the battery via normal means. That was a disappointing feature back when I got it. The question for me now I guess is if it would be worth having someone with the tools to look at it. If it's a few hundred dollars then yes but past that point I'm probably better off saving up for another one. Even if it's just one component, I suppose it might be worth looking at. I'm going to have to access that hard drive at some point anyway.

Maybe. It's an alienware and completely inaccessible to this mere mortal. Like you can't even access the battery via normal means. That was a disappointing feature back when I got it. The question for me now I guess is if it would be worth having someone with the tools to look at it. If it's a few hundred dollars then yes but past that point I'm probably better off saving up for another one. Even if it's just one component, I suppose it might be worth looking at. I'm going to have to access that hard drive at some point anyway.

Your best option would be to look up your model number and hop onto YouTube where you should find videos showing how to take ut apart / do repairs.

The grand irony of this laptop ordeal is that I'm sitting here with a serious burn on my leg from it. I fell asleep with it and the board I used to separate it from me slid up and exposed me directly to the laptop exhaust. It wasn't the first time it had burnt me - there's a serious flaw in the m17 rtx design when it comes to how hot it gets to the touch - but this one is fairly bad because I wasn't awake to immediately move it off of exposed skin. So I'm dealing with a wounded leg even as I miss it.

The grand irony of this laptop ordeal is that I'm sitting here with a serious burn on my leg from it. I fell asleep with it and the board I used to separate it from me slid up and exposed me directly to the laptop exhaust. It wasn't the first time it had burnt me - there's a serious flaw in the m17 rtx design when it comes to how hot it gets to the touch - but this one is fairly bad because I wasn't awake to immediately move it off of exposed skin. So I'm dealing with a wounded leg even as I miss it.

OMG that sounds like really bad design

OMG that sounds like really bad design

It really is. The burn I have is on par with the one I suffered when I was a kid and wrecked my moped. Back then, I thought I'd landed in a thorn patch and so took a minute before I got up all the while unbeknownst to me my calf was resting on my moped's hot muffler. There's really no excuse for the severity of the burn I have from this as it's just from the back of the laptop making direct contact with skin. In contrast, the MSI laptop that I have I can sit directly on me without a fan or board and with no worries at all. It's not nearly as powerful but it's a far better design.

The Alienware one though has been a danger since I got it. I just kinda dealt with it because it's the best I could do without space for a full on desktop.

Have you considered using a laptop cooler? I had one for an earlier laptop, and it would plug into one of the usp ports on the side, and the benefit is that you'd have fans blowing at the laptop to help keep it cooler. I think you can even find some these days that are liquid-cooled.

Have you considered using a laptop cooler? I had one for an earlier laptop, and it would plug into one of the usp ports on the side, and the benefit is that you'd have fans blowing at the laptop to help keep it cooler. I think you can even find some these days that are liquid-cooled.

I kept it on a fan board. When the fan stopped working I used it as a separator. I've never had much luck with laptop cooler tho.

Back