What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I have never played the 2nd one.......... Loved the first one to bits but it doesn't work on win 10 without tweaking stuff and I hate having to fiddle with games to make it work. Did you have to tweak the game at all, and where did you find it?

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Generally liked the game - but hated that level:(

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I started playing it yesterday and I already know I'm going to love it just by the first 10 mins or so. The tutorial was a great fakeout and made me do a double-take once it tells you you need to escape and where you break the glass to your room. That was so cool! I've not made it much further beyond that, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, including the little touches like zooming in on a screen when interacting with one. It feels natural as part of the game world rather than a game UI.

4. Gingerbread Demon

Just wait till you get the psychoscope and have to make a choice .. Super fun game and I just discovered a whole part of the map I never noticed before.

5. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I remember this sequence. I think I had to memorize the patterns of the enemy ships and fire torpedoes in advance of their arrival, destroying them before they could get too many shots off. I think at one point I realized I could hold down the fire button and that helped a lot with destroying ships quickly, but I'm not 100% sure I remembering correctly.

I've been eyeing Elite Dangerous and X4 Foundations on Steam, since they're on sale, although Elite is much cheaper. Anybody can share their thoughts on these games. I've heard both good and bad things. Elite seems fun for a while, but also a bit empty and shallow. X4 looks interesting, but seems too slow pace and tad janky (a bit buggy).

6. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Elite is free on the Epic game store until later today, then a new game will be free...
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/elite-dangerous/home

7. Owain Taggart

I love these types of games. I prefer them to fast-paced FPS like Doom, being able to take my time and go at my pace to explore and discover things. It's half the fun for me. I loved Deus Ex: HR. Do you have any tips for when encountering Phantoms? I was surprised to have the game throw a couple of them at me early on, and they're pretty tough even on easy. There's this one in the big room to the right in the lobby that always seems to notice me. The Goo gun doesn't seem to be all that effective on them.

8. Gingerbread Demon

The wrench is handy for them and don't forget lots of nueromods... If you do take on typhon powers be aware that more then two of them and turrets will attack you. There's a certain cutoff where too many of those mods will label you as alien, and not human.

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I like playing social games lately.

Among Us, Phasmophobia, Pummelparty

Eyeing Fall Guys, but don’t know how much of a shelf life that still has.

10. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, I know, but I'm not really a fan of the Epic Game Store. I'm just curious as to what people's experience with the game are if they've played long term.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was looking at the Playstation Store Black Friday Sale, and I found both Star Wars: Squadrons and the new Avengers game both on sale. I want to play them both, but I don't have the money for both right now, so I was wondering if anybody on here has played both and would recommend one over the other? At first I was going to go with whichever had better reviews on Amazon, but they both have 4.5 stars.

12. Owain Taggart

Interesting. I didn't know that. Certainly adds an interesting twist. What I've tried doing is using the Goo gun on them until they freeze up and then use the wrench on them, but it seems to take lots of the goo to even do anything to them. I've also upgraded it at least two times, and even then it's not all that effective?

Edit: One thing I absolutely love, and something I wish all console games would have, is the ability to quicksave, which is something brought over from the PC. So many games seem to try so hard to prevent saving from anywhere. So, well done there! Another thing I really like is the info tab where all the passwords and keycards you've collected are located. Really nice.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  13. Gingerbread Demon

I find the gloo gun a bit of a joke for that, but it is a very handy thing to create paths, for instance steps to get to higher places. If you don't have steps use the gloo gun. It's fun and handy.

I wiped out all my save files and am doing a new game purely as human with almost no alien mods. I might just invest in mimic where you can do what the aliens do and hide as objects.

14. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Started Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection on my xbox one. Since its remastered, my achievements from playing on my xbox 360 did not transfer, so three new achievements unlocked! "AC II The Birth of an Assassin" (be reborn as Ezio Auditore da Firenza), "AC II Arrivederci Abstergo" (break out of Abstergo), and "AC II Welcome to the Animus 2.0" (enter the Animus 2.0). Three down, 149 to go across three games.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've been playing Maneater on my PS5 for a few days now. :D Man what a stupidly fun game. :p

16. Gingerbread Demon

Tell me about this game. I have heard good things.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Well, you basically play as a shark and you either have to fight other fish or humans. The gameplay can get a bit repetitive at times, but it's still fun. And I'm enjoying the exploration aspect of the game. There are basically eight regions in the game and they all have a ton of collectibles. If you're curious about the game I suggest you watch a couple of gameplay videos online.

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Spider-Man Miles Morales and Black Ops Cold War on the ps5

19. Gingerbread Demon

How's that going? I keep hearing stories of bricking and overheating

20. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Well I've had my PS5 for a little over a week now and I haven't had any problems with it. I finished Miles Morales and Astro's Playroom on it. Plus I've been playing Maneater as well without any problems.