What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

It's good, but more serious and sombre compared to WD2...
    It's a revenge story...

2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Very much a revenge story but so satisfying when you
    pull the pin on Lucky Quinn and end his life

WD2 went for a fluffier more lighter tone the third game has gone off the rails with wacky.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I do appreciate the quirky tone of WD2. And I love the nostalgic references. It's pure joy.

4. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Legion? Looks like fun...

5. Gingerbread Demon

But the wacky stuff seems a bit OTT like the granny with the drones

6. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I just got Horizon Zero Dawn. Hoping to play it a little today.

BillJ likes this.
  7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Freedom Fighters for the original Xbox.

Great game with great sci-fi story.

XCV330 likes this.
  8. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

NES:

Super Mario Bros
    Galaga
    Tetris (Tengen)
    Time Lord
    Klax

The NES was a bit other than "my time" but I'm really liking the experience, also proving it's not "nostalgia" since I never exactly had it for the NES to begin with. Kooky.

BillJ likes this.
  9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The only bad thing is that those controllers can give you hand cramps with extended play. :eek:

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix a few days ago.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Halo Reach came out on PC today as part of MCC and it's everything I remember ;) such a good game with friends.

12. Gingerbread Demon

Struggling to finish Far Cry New Dawn. It's just bland

13. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've added that to my basket, but I'll be on campaign mode if I do get it.

I've finished the first one on PC, played some of the second but none of the others anywhere yet.

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Started Phoenix Point yesterday.. a spiritual successor to the original X-Com (developed by the original XCom creator) and in some ways similar to the current XCom games but with enough differences to be its own thing.

I'm just a few hours in but so far i like it a lot.. the combat system is well known. You move a squad of soldiers with different abilities and weapons across a map using cover and shoot/engage the enemy while on the strategic world map you build up your force by researching upgrades and discovering the story of the game.

It was a huge success with crowdfunding, marred a bit when midway through development they switched from Steam to Epic (Epic invested in their game in exchange for the exclusive rights) which pissed off some backers.
    Graphics wise it is decent but to be honest it shows a little that it's crowdfunded because they did cut corners where they could, i.e. there's a ton of story material and dialogue/diplomacy with other factions but you only get a voice over over a picture and some dialogue/choice options how to respond so no animations or cut scenes that some may be used to in AA titles.

However it doesn't bother me as much since the gameplay seems to be quite good and i've barely scratched the surface so my opinion may change (and i hope it won't). Right now i'd really recommend it to any XCom or turn based strategy fans.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My mom got me Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order as a Solstice (which we do instead of Christmas) present, and I started playing it this morning. I'm only a couple hours into, and I'm enjoying it so far.

16. Gingerbread Demon

Far Cry New Dawn is boring and insufferable.

The twins are not scary

17. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been playing Pokemon X lately to shiny hunt, along with Pokemon Moon to work on getting a shiny Magikarp.

Got Pokemon Shield for a Secret Santa gift, but I can't play it until I get my Nintendo Switch back from repairs/replacement. It somehow bricked on me. :wtf:

18. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I made the mistake of buying Persona 5 for $9 on Black Friday. Its a terrible game with a time limit and forced stealth mechanics, and how it got so much praise I'll never know. But it was cheap, so its not a huge deal that I can't stand it.

But, on a positive note, I've started playing Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, and as a new Yakuza fan as of the last few months (having played and loved Yakuza 0 and Kiwami so far), its really great. he combat is fun, the (Japanese) voice acting is great (Kiryu's voice actor also being the voice of Kenshiro is amazing), and I just found the Hostess Club management game,m which I spent about 10 hours 100%ing in Yakuza 0, and so I will probably be dropping a lot of hours into it here.

I also own Yakuza Kiwami 2, and will probably buy the 3-5 remastered Collection and Yakuza 6 around Christmas, so I got a lot of stuff I'm excited to play (although I'll probably play a different game inbetween each game so that I don't get burned out).

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Woah woah woah - it's Rizzo's!

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

OK, this is a little weird: logged into Origin today to get the recent SW:Battlefront 2 update downloaded only to note I'm now an Origin Access Basic member, which is news to me. A little investigation turns up that apparently EA gave away one month free access to anyone that secured their account (whatever that means) in October.

That means I haven't accidentally somehow paid for something I don't want (so far so good) but now I notice several of my games (Dragon Age Inquisition & Mass Effect Andromeda) have a "upgrade your game for free" tag, which I gather means part of access means you get bonus content, though it goes away at the month's end.
    That's all understandable with the DAI stuff since having long ago already bought all the story DLC, it's all just skins in the SP that I don't care about anyway. I also know that if I do the upgrade than any saves I make in the game will be unloadable after expiration, so not going to do that.

MEA on the other hand seems a little less straight forward since aside from the same pre-order bonus skins and items that I am equally not bothered about, it also includes quite a few multiplayer loot boxes. Now I haven't actually played MEA MP in like a year and probably won't again any time soon, but I can't help but wonder if I can cheese the system a bit and get a bunch of MP gear progression for free, because who knows, one day I may have another go and a little less grind can't be a bad thing.
    I mean technically I guess EA could undo any MP progress made from Origin Access granted packs, but that sounds like a massive technical headache that they probably wouldn't bother with.

Anyone have an experience with this kind of thing? Anyone play Battlefield, Anthem or whatever else EA has with online loot progression systems and cancelled an EA access sub? I mean my instinct is just to leave it alone in case it buggers up my profile, but I'm curious to know if I've read this right...