What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finished up Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps Chapter 1: The Heist this morning.

2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I'm really torn on getting this........

I only have a PS4 and not the pro and have read of performance issues.

On the PC we still have to wait nearly a year for it as it's an Epic exclusive before it comes on steam which lately sucks because of the forced upgrade they did to all users. The new steam library sucks ass.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just to give an update in case anyone else is in the same boat: the free access period has expired and I did take the upgrade to MEA just for the hell of it. The results are...unexpected. For some reason I can no longer access any online functions for MEA (though I can still log onto the mobile app, so it's not like my account has been blocked.) The weird part is that not only does the single player still work, but I can still access all the deluxe DLC tat that I didn't (and technically still don't) own prior to the "free upgrade". Looks like there's no DRM checks on the save games or on what's actually installed in the DLC directory, which is just bizarre.

Since I assume this has also just happened to anyone else that still plays MEAMP, I imagine EA are about to get a modest spike in support calls, so I'm just going to sit by and see if it fixes itself. if not, I haven't played the game in months, MP or SP anyway so no rush. I assume the former is pretty much dead anyway so probably not much in the way of a loss even if I can't eventually get it sorted.

4. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    i am retreating to my late adolescence at the moment

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started the second DLC for the PS4 Spider-Man, The City That Never Sleeps Episode 2: Turf War.

6. Gingerbread Demon

I don't know if it was here or somewhere else but someone mentioned the game SOMA and so I got it because it was on sale on Steam.

I am loving the atmosphere of this game. I don't scare easily but the atmosphere in this one gives me tingles and goosebumps.

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've just (properly) started another run on Mass Effect: Andromeda.

8. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. Its from the developers of the Yakuza games, and its decent fun but nowere near as good as the Yakuza games are. The plot is paper thin even for what it is and is padded to an insane degree (expect a bunch of missions that are just you running around for 20 minutes talking to people trying to find something). The combat is fun and fits its franchise, but it gets repetitive and I honestly like the combat in the Yakuza games more. Overall this was a fun enough game and if someone is a fan of Fist oif the North Star then I'd definitely recommend it, but overall its just ok and I far prefer the Yakuza franchise.

Now that I've finished that, I'll be starting Yakuza Kiwami 2 today. I also got a few games at gamestop yesterday as part of their Buy 2 Get 2 free sale, so eventually I'll also start some of them (Bayonetta 2 with B1 on Wii U was probably my best pickup at the sale, but I also got Yakuza 6, which was the last main Yakuza game I needed after buying the Remastered Collection for Christmas, Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Collection and the Megaman X Legacy Collection 1+2 on Switch).

9. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

I just started yet another Dying Light playthrough. It's my all-time favorite contemporary game.

The Lensman likes this.
  10. sleepyjaffa

sleepyjaffa Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I rarely buy a game when it first comes out so I got Spiderman for £15 last week and finished it this week. Waiting for the DLC to download now so I can get cracking on that too.

11. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can't find a screenshot to do it justice, but Horizon Zero Dawn has to be one of the most beautiful console games ever made.

12. Gingerbread Demon

It is perfection.

13. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

I adore Horizon: Zero Dawn! I loved the story and the music, and the game is just amazingly beautiful. I quickly lost count of how many times I just stopped to admire the world around me instead of actually doing what I was supposed to be doing. lol

Now that I think of it, maybe it's time for another playthrough there for me also. :)

14. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I've got it in my backlog as I picked it up used at EBGames a few months ago. Looking forward to it. Have to say, this console generation, we've gotten really spoiled with fantastic visuals.

15. Obsidian7

Obsidian7 Commander Red Shirt

It wouldn't be the Christmas/New Year period if I didn't play the Star Wars Battlefront 2 multiplayer. It's something of a tradition now.

I'm getting a final highlights video for Youtube out of the way. Literally just had a 17 player killstreak with an AT-ST.

16. Gingerbread Demon

SOMA is fricking amazing.

I didn't think I'd like Assassin's Creed Odyssey but I fricking love it.

17. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm working through Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Looking through the descriptions of the difficulty level, I decided the default setting sounded too easy. So, I decided on Jedi Master. Holy shit! This game is hard! I'm trying to stick with it, as I'm not one who delights in lowering the difficulty, so instead of playing for multiple hours on end, I usually play for 30 to 40 minutes until I get to a part where I start dying repeatedly, then I rage quit and pick it up the next day, and usually get past said part pretty handily. I say rage quit, but I'm actually enjoying the game for the most part. It's just a little rougher than some of the more recent games I've played. I've probably not died this much in a game since The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't play Fallen Order in a week or two after I got stuck on one of the boss fights. I've been focusing on the Spider-Man DLC but once I'm done with that, I'll go back to Fallen Order. If I don't get through the fight in a couple more 1-3 hour play sessions, I'll probably just turn the difficulty down from the Jedi Knight to Padawan. Once I'm done with the fight I'll turn it back up.

19. Gingerbread Demon

That is perfectly reasonable to do in a game. I do that a heck of a lot in tough fights and then reset the difficulty back to normal after.

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just fancied a quick bit of action last night, so I booted up Deadpool again.