What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Cyanide Muffin

Cyanide Muffin All hail Doctor 13 Premium Member

No I didn't. I just want to finish the game and maybe try again with a new game.

2. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I've just finished a replay of MDK and Half Life: Blue Shift. Now to start with Black Mesa (the source engine remake of Half Life).

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly, while 2 got lots of praise, I think much of it has to do with how much it improved on the gameplay of the first game, but on the whole, coming at it much later, I was left feeling disappointed. It doesn't help that I felt that after all the buildup throughout the game, that I felt shortchanged at the end. It's such a tease. The first game had a standalone game with closure, but this one ends on a cliffhanger. This is why I felt Brotherhood and Revelations to be better games. In Brotherhood, it's essentially a direct continuation that should have been part of the main narrative of the first game. I guess they felt the game was too long though and split it. And other than that, I found they were much more fun than the actual sequel. Thematically, I feel Revelations is more of a true sequel to 2, as it's a followup to Ezio in his later life with a change in location.

That sounds like a gamestate wasn't triggered properly. Those kinds of things tend to happen more often in open-world games due to their complexity, but they can almost always be fixed by either closing the game down and restarting it, or reloading the save. A few things like that happened to me in RDR2. If it's being correctly detected by the game as completed, then the mark should disappear on reload.

4. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I give up on L.A.Noire for the moment and started with the Witcher 2

5. Cyanide Muffin

Cyanide Muffin All hail Doctor 13 Premium Member

I'll have a look at that. But this time around it's the GOG versions of the games I am playing not the steam versions.

I just got the game DEFCON...... You can blow up the world. It's like the computer sim from the movie Wargames but better.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, well bugs happen. ;)

On my PS4, I'm currently playing God of War, and I'm having a great time with it! Combat feels good and I'm enjoying the exploration along the way.