What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Cyanide Muffin

Cyanide Muffin All hail Doctor 13 Premium Member

I've ditched my PC for a console.

2. Discofan

Discofan Rear Admiral Fleet Captain

Can't you keep them both?

It's what I thought the first time I saw "Cause And Effect"... Why can't they do BOTH?!!!

Now I realize that most scenarios would be impossible with that kind of logic...

3. Cyanide Muffin

I really don't do much game playing on the PC as I used to. It just doesn't interest me in that way anymore. The most I do now is forums like here, a bit of writing and emails, or the occasional bit of music listening.

I am finding it much easier to have the two things separate now and for some reason games now seem much better to play on the console then they did on the PC. So that's another reason I made the switch.

Also the power saving. Since I like to be on a computer a little the laptop and desktop screen together uses just under 30 watts. With the tower running it was something like 480 watts when games were being run. The console is less then half of that under full load.

4. thribs

thribs Commodore Commodore

Still RE 2 with Leon’s second run. The zombies seem to be more persistent in this mode and the Tyrant more annoying. Managed to get past him though after many attempts.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure if I'm going to get going with The Witcher III, I've been playing for months, and I'm barely half way through, and to be honest, I'm kind of starting to lose interest. I will confess I did kind of do it to myself, since I keep getting sidetracked by other things, but I think the fact that I am getting so easily sidetracked is probably a bad sign anyways.
    Just for reference I just got past the part where Yennifer and the Witchers turn Uma back into his original form.

6. Cyanide Muffin

Still doing Horizon Zero Dawn and it is a fracking amazing game. I didn't think I'd get hooked by such a game but here I am and I am loving this one. It was an impulse purchase. I knew of it, knew a little bit about it even but I decided to give it a go regardless and now yeah.

Is it true it's about 80 hours to finish the main story?

7. thribs

thribs Commodore Commodore

If you can get passed that bloody bird mission that is. :)

8. Cyanide Muffin

Why is that one super hard? I have heard people are stuck there.

Mind you fuck fuck fuck QTE things in games.

Who thought those were good things? Fuck that fucking fuckity fuck shit.

Tomb Raider 2013 Definitive Edition I'm stuck on that bloody parachuting part where you have to fly through some trees to a shanty town.

Oh and on that why do so many games think we need a shanty town level?

9. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Vice Admiral Admiral

The one near the lake?
    Yeah, that one sucks...

10. Cyanide Muffin

Oh great you guys are making me very nervous about that bird mission. How far into the game is it? I only just got the device to control machines.

11. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I FINALLY beat Level 20 of Dr. Mario at medium speed. The trick was to not overthink the pills and just run on autopilot :)

I also started Epilogue II of Red Dead Redemption II. I have to say, I got the "A New Jerusalem" trophy from said mission last night, and I had a cheesy smile on my face through the whole mission. I'm dreading beating this game, because I know whatever game I play next won't resonate with me as much as RDR II :(

12. Cyanide Muffin

I have been experimenting.

Tomb Raider 2013 runs on my laptop. It's not fluid smooth but it's actually playable. I was surprised that it actually will even run. Menus screens and such are quick but inside the game it's quite workable. I am pleased with the result.

TR Underworld also runs but the transition screens take forever and ever to load up. But that too seems to run at a somewhat playable level.

13. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Splitting time between Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, since I finished the story for Assassin's Creed II recently, and Assassin's Creed: Rogue, since I downloaded it for free with my xbox live gold membership this month.