What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I fired up Skyrim again on the Xbox 360. My level 28 Argonian battle-mage has been waiting for about a year.

2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I hate steam sales because I end up buying stuff, haha.

Jax likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the main story in AC4: Black Flag, but I still have a whole bunch of assassin contracts and Templar Hunts that I want to do. I'm not sure if I'm going to go for all of the collectables though, that'll take forever.
    Is Unity worth playing, or should I just read the synopsis on Wikipedia and jump to Syndicate?

4. Gingerbread Demon

OK I just dipped my toes into Far Cry 4. It feels a lot like Far Cry 3 so I am going to skip the rest of the game. Later this year will be Far Cry 5.

OK so Ubisoft's new COD I see. haha

5. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I absolutely hated Unity. But, I'm a masochist, so I forced myself to finish it to see what it adds to the story. The gameplay is clunky, and where you felt like a badass mowing down enemies in previous games, I was constantly getting my ass kicked and quickly surrounded by guards. I almost swore off Assassin's Creed after Unity.

Then, I caved and played Syndicate, which I absolutely loved. Probably the most fun Assassin's Creed after II and Black Flag. Definitely Jacob and Evie Frye are the most likeable protagonists after Ezio (for me, anyway)

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I liked Far Cry 4 more than any previous version, I also liked Far Cry Primal.

I never did finish unity but it I did buy it with the intent to go back and finish it when it got cheap. Syndicate I really for like though.

7. Gingerbread Demon

Given the choice I'd go happily back and play Far Cry 3... 4 just felt like more of the same.

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It felt like they'd refined it more, I never finished 3 but 4 actually kept me interested.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I just wanted to add that I also hated AC: Unity and that I loved AC: Syndicate.

And the Far Cry games (3, 4, Primal) all play the same... I really enjoyed FC3, FC4 was alright and finishing Primal was a chore. So I doubt I'll get FC5 when it's released.
    Oh and Blood Dragon was awesome. :D

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for the second time today. I played it for a while last year, but I ended setting it aside and never went back. I'm really hopping I'll actually be able to finish this time.

11. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Played a bit more of Witcher 2 last night. I also picked up Velvet Assassin in the steam sale.

Random_Spock likes this.
  12. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Finished KOTOR 2. Man, I'm impressed at the things the Restoration mod added. I had always felt the the ending was coming on way too soon. This time around, even with the end-game part of it, I felt it took more than several hours to get to it. And it's the little things too that make the experience more complete. I'm glad to have replayed this one as it gave me a sense of closure finally. I also played with the Nar Shadaa retexture mod, which really made a big difference. The original default looked so bland and uninteresting, and given how much time is spent there, it's one I highly recommend. It makes the planet feel so much more vibrant and lived-in, and most importantly, makes it look more like how I'd expect Nar Shadaa to look like, with skyscrapers full of windows and the like. The original was just so grey almost to the point of feeling like it had been unfinished, which I wouldn't doubt seeing as how the game had been rushed out to market.

The one thing that I felt could have been improved on are the surface parts of Malachor. The low-res textures really stand out.

13. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

Been playing Injustice 2. It's a great fighter, but I'm not very good at it so I'm finding some crazy difficulty spikes.

Recently got back into Star Trek Online too. I've missed that game.

14. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Installing Wing Commander Saga at the moment. It's been a while since I've played any of this type of game, but I know I'm way out of practice.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the story mode in Injustice 2 and started The Multiverse, which appears to be the game's arcade mode. You get strings of fights, and a lot of them either have some kind of goal or added complication. For example one fight tossed in health restoring hearts every so often, and in another I was supposed to use 2 of the special enviromental attack, like dropping a statue on my opponents head or throwing a big glass orb at them, for an extra bonus.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Balok's Decoy likes this.
  16. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Half life 2, 13 years after i bought it i thought it might be time to get that last steam achievement, the dreaded Lambda caches, lol

17. Gingerbread Demon

Oh gods...... I tried and tried for that but just didn't bother.

Why did Valve just up and abandon the series after episode 2?

Not a completionist here at all. Just depends on the kind of game.

Haggis and tatties likes this.
  18. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^Yeah, having to get the whole lot in one play through is a pain, it would have been better all round if you could do a second or third play through and grab what you missed last time, certainly would have made it more enjoyable and less of a chore.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  19. Gingerbread Demon

ikr..... But many games are like that.

I'm still a tiny bit miffed that Valve just abandoned things after episode 2.

Though that turned into a culty thing with fanboys and various theories on what happened.

20. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

Picked up Outlast 2 again last night. JFC that game can be frustrating. There are a few parts I've run into where finding the right way to go or the right way of avoiding an enemy is pure guesswork and luck. I imagine I'll have more fun with it on a second playthrough once I know the tricks and where the hell I'm going. That way I can enjoy the story more. It's a beautiful game -- very creepy, some good scares, fantastic atmosphere. Still feel like the first Outlast won't be topped by the second.