What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For the last couple of weeks I have been addicted to Minecraft. Very fun sandbox game.

2. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

Mask of betrayer.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Played Battlefield 1943 for the first time the other day, and while it seemed like a lot of fun, I really suck at playing other human players.

Also giving NHL 11 a try, and considering how the last NHL game I played was on the PlayStation 2, all this advanced buttons and stuff has really thrown me for a loss. :(

4. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption for the past few days, and I'm loving it. :techman:

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah it's a pretty sweet game.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah it's a pretty sweet game.

7. Niorah

I'm in Mexico now, and after a few missions I have just broken the Hungarian Half-bred. Nice horse. I think I'll keep it.

But what's really good is the story, not so much the personal story of John Marston, which is not new material at all, but the surrounding story, the Old West that is becoming not so Old, the politics involved in the change and development of it, the little details in the side characters (De Santa is uncannily similar to Tony Montana, obviously a homage :lol: ),the whole "feel" of it is really cool. I can see a lot of work has gone into it. :techman:

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah that's also what I really enjoyed about the game. It just feels so... authentic and alive. ;)

Anyway, I got Sports Champions and F1 2010 a few days ago, so I've been playing both games quite a bit lately.

9. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Having only recently purchased a PS3 after many years of absence from gaming, I"m catching up on games too. Currently I'm hacking away at Bioshock on "medium" difficulty (already beat it on "easy"). I've just arrived at Arcadia. MAN are Big Daddies harder to kill now!

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ If you haven't already, make sure you play Uncharted 1 & 2. ;)

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just don't play 2 then 1 because number 1 might annoy you more than it needs to. Uncharted 2 is probably the most improved gaming sequel ever and is my 3rd favourite game of all time...

I don't even own a PS3 but thank god my friend did (U2 was first PS3 game I ever played), superb game :techman:

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah considering that U1 is still a great game, and U2 is a huge improvement over U1, that really says something about how good U2 is. ;)

13. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Uncharted 2 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Beautiful art direction, awesome production values, and engaging gameplay. A true example of what the PS3 is capable of.

14. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Ooooh, just watched the trailer for 2. That looks seriously fun! Thanks for the recommendations!

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ No problem. ;) Did you watch the "Fortune favors the bold" trailer from Gamescom? I still keep that one on my PS3 because it's so awesome.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Playing through PoP:TFS just made me almost blow a gasket...

One of the most frustrating moments, A regular jump but for somereason he kept falling short. I did the same thing a dozen times and eventually he made the grab to a swinging pole, yet I did nothing different from the previous 11 attempts.

You Tube clip

1:15-1:25

Someone at Ubi didn't check their sections properly when making that little scene :rolleyes:.

17. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm planning on a bad run at Dragon Age Origins similar in style to some of the runs people have mentioned through Mass effect.

Not recruiting Sten, so he'll probably die at Lothering

Either not recruit Leliana, or defile the Ashes in which case I'll probably end up fighting her.

Either not recruit Shale or side with Branka (and end up fighting her)

Side with the Templars so I'll end up having to fight Wynne (if not, defiling the Ashes ought to do it)

Not recruiting Zev

Recruit Loghain and either let Alistair wonder off drunk or let Anora execute him.

Refuse Morrigan

Let Loghain make the final sacrifice

That just leaves Oghren and the Dog. I guess I need someone to watch the gates at the end.

18. Niorah

^ Well well. That's a massacre all right. :lol:

19. Sigh

Sigh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Answer: Waaaaaaaay too much Warcraft

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I played 2 and then 1. :(

Didn't take away from my enjoyment of the storyline and characters, but some of the controls (six-axis grenades?!?!?!) were annoying and the bad guys took too long to kill. They definitely learned from making the first game.

I think Uncharted 2 has the best player control I've ever experienced.