What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

cheese salad home made, scotch egg with a large pork pie followed by home made pear cider flavoured ice cream the other half made for me before she set off

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Went to Arby's last night, because I didn't have time to cook before rushing to choir.

3. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

Your chili sounds GREAT!!!

I agree with you about your wife's conference. What's up with that? :wtf:

And finally, I'm sorry but your reference to "paying for the chili" today immediately made me think of the classic South Park episode where Cartman gets an anal probe. :guffaw:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled culinary thread. :shifty:

Bon apetit.

4. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

You are too kind. Though I suspect you are buttering so I'll either share my recipe secrets, or let you play with my Lab, I can't be sure.

Well, at least it's not as bad as the World of Warcraft episode where he calls his mom in for assistance.

5. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

French bread pizza, made with pepperoni and fresh mozzarella from the store but also with tomatoes, basil and oregano from our garden, and salad that included lettuce and carrots from the store, tomatoes and banana peppers from our garden, and cucumber from a coworker's garden.

It was yummy, if I do say so myself.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night made spaghetti.

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

My kind of dinner. I love their curly fries. I HATE to cook.

Plus I'm not very good at it.

We had roast beef, baked potato and corn.

8. Admiral_Young

Made summer apple sausage (really good) and asparagus for my brother and I.

9. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

I had mussels in a spicy thai coconut milk sauce with diced peanuts.

It may actually have been the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. I can't believe that I'd all but forgotten that the restaurant existed.

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Friend and I made a kerala-style king prawn curry. Fucking awesome. Best curry I've ever eaten. That's a recipe that will definitely be repeated. :cool:

11. Admiral_Young

Made steak and pasta for my brother and I. The steak was outstanding. I actually made myself a steak sandwich and had the pasta as a side dish.

12. gwud

gwud Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just had Sushi from Tesco, no, I'm not proud.

13. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

Antipasti was Yellowfin Tuna Carpaccio with Red Pepper Relish and Calabrian Chili Aioli paired with an '07 Borgo M Pinot Grigio Venezie.

Primi was Maine Lobster Ravioli in a Mascarpone Alfredo.

Entree was Veal Tenderloin with Garlic Parmesan Oxford Garden Kale & Chanterelle Mushrooms paired with a 2004 Damilano “Lecinquevigne” Barolo.

Dessert was Toasted Almond Cake, Cinnamon Caramel Sauce topped with House Made Vanilla Gelato paired with a Taylor Fladgate 20 Year Tawny Port.

It was a good night. :)

14. Admiral_Young

Had fish and garlic fingers...an odd combination yes I know but great nevertheless.

15. TrekkieMonster

We had friends over for a cook out. In addition to the appetizers, I made BBQ baby back ribs, cole slaw (made mostly of veggies from my mother-in-law's garden) and grilled corn (ditto), followed by strawberry-rhubarb cobbler (with vanilla ice cream, of course.) Oh, and lots and lots and LOTS of libation. :D

A good time was had by all ... until a cop showed up and started shining his light at us over our back fence and telling us to quiet it down because there had been complaints ... at 9:45 at night. :wtf:

Fortunately, we discovered it was just our neighbor (who is a cop) screwing with us. A$$hole! :klingon:

Actually, he's a really great guy, and it was pretty funny, in retrospect. So, of course, we invited him over for beers. ;)

16. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

^Ahem, I take it my invitation was lost in the mail?

Actually, I was supposed to attend a housewarming party for an old college buddy in NY. Then I got word my sister-in-law had an emergency appendectomy. (She lives in Boston too.)

Her boyfriend was away, and her sister (my wife) was also away. So I got suckered into helping with that, not that I really mind, I'm glad to help.

The wife got home last night, and my SIL stayed with us in case anything went wrong. I made a nice hearty, but simple meal. Made a beef stew with onion, carrot, parsnip, taters, turnip, and celery. I (the bread machine) also made a loaf of potato carrot bread.

I think my yeast was getting old, the bread didn't rise well. I had to throw it in the oven before serving. It tasted ok, but was just too dense.

Had a 22 of Heineken whilst I was cooking. Between that, the meal, and getting the fireplace going for the first time this season, I was out cold by 9 on the floor.

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I like your neighbour. :lol:

I skipped dinner last night; just wasn't hungry after having too much tea & cakes in the late afternoon.

18. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

couldnt be bothered to cook so went for a mackie d and a couple of beers

19. TrekkieMonster

:alienblush: I'm an absolute heel. If this hadn't been so last minute and I'd actually had time to think about inviting people (The Hubby sort of "sprung" on me Saturday night that we were having a party Sunday) I very honestly would likely have thought of you. Seriously, because I did remember that your wife was away. I feel awful (which I know you didn't intend.) I'll try to make it up to you next time. ;)

I'm sorry I didn't, but am glad to hear you were able to be there for your SIL. I hope she recovers fully and quickly.

Yeah, he's actually a really good guy. We laughed our arses off once he came around the corner and revealed himself. Especially because one of our friends/guests was so freaked out he scampered into the house and nearly pissed himself. :lol: He, of course, completely denied it later, and insisted that he merely needed to use the bathroom ... quickly. ;)

20. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Mixed olives with feta, potato salad, grilled baby onions, red and green peppers, and courgette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.