What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

You can't fool me with that funny French word. You ate zucchini! :eek:

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had BBQ Tri-Tip last night. It t'was good.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Made chicken drumsticks with Idaho potatoes and chocolate brownies for desert.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Barbecued chicken, coleslaw, cornbread and brownies that had so much sugar, they nearly made my feet come off the floor.

In other words, a typical Texas Labor Day weekend.

5. NileQT87

NileQT87 Commander Red Shirt

I had a shredded beef stew in a Crock-pot with carrots, cabbage, potatoes, canned tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, celery and parsley earlier today.

That, of course, went with a glass of milk.

Then, I had an chocolate-covered ice cream bar.

Quite yummy!

Last night, I had 2 small pizzas with added pepperoni and cheese with a glass of milk, followed by one of those aforementioned ice cream bars.

6. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Mushroom and fresh pepper omelet with two slices of facon.

7. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

garlic steak and steamed vegetables (potato, sweet potato and some beans)

8. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

This side of the pond thing I think... I hardly ever hear anyone referring to it as zucchini.

Is that some kind of vegetarian bacon? :p

9. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

^Saturday was international bacon day I might add!

We got lazy last night, and postponed the fiesta we were going to have. We had pre-made ravioli and a jar of spaghetti sauce...oh boy!

10. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Choc chip cookie with a cup of tea.

11. SmoothieX

Hey no worries, I can give someone a guilt trip like the little old grandmother you haven't called in 6 months.

I was tied up dealing with that health crisis anyway. Probably good that I was around, her bf is a complete doofus.

Plus my wife would have thought something was fishy if I told her I was willingly hanging out with a lawyer. :p

12. LeahBoBo

LeahBoBo Commander

Fried fish, seasoned french fries and tossed salad

13. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

I had a cheese sandwich on a bagel accompanied with a rice krispy treat...OK fine I had 2 of them...and chocolate chip cookies...quantity 3. I made sure to cover all the important food groups.

14. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Funny thing is, I'm not even vegetarian. I just loathe all things pig, and LOVE facon.

15. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

:lol:

Seriously made me laugh, only in my life it's my mom, not my grandmother. Grandma just seems happy whenever I call. Mom, on the other hand .... ;)

And, yeah, I'm not big on socializing with other lawyers, either. Boring as all hell. :p

To the matter at hand, yesterday I made pesto with basil from The Hubby and my MIL. So last night I made one of my favorite pesto dishes. I smoked some nice Alaskan salmon and accompanied that with a nice, fresh penne pesto with tomatoes (from The Hubby's little garden plot), asparagus tips, a little red pepper and sun-dried tomato. I'd meant to make enough to have left overs for lunch today but .... :drool:

16. auntiehill

Beef fillets, wrapped in bacon, green beans with Mrs. Dash, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes, and a side of corn bread.

17. SmoothieX

Engineers aren't known for our social prowess either, and don't get me started on my Mom, it ain't pretty.

I love the idea of everything you mentioned other than the pesto. I just haven't tried the right one yet.

Something about burping it out for 3 days afterwards that has always turned me off to it.

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lots of vintage champagne to celebrate yesterday's birthday (couldn't go out yesterday because of work, so went out today instead), followed by a smashing meal at a local decent brasserie. The rhubarb brulee for dessert was particularly fun. :cool:

19. auntiehill

Angel hair pesto with broccoli last night.

Tonight, lemon-pepper salmon, new potatoes and salad w/creamy Cesar dressing.

20. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

... ummmmmm ..., yeah ..., about that .... When you decide it's time to buy a house (as you mentioned somewhere else), we should talk. REALTORS(R) aren't the highest forms of life (I can say that, I spend my life dealing with their f**k-ups), but they're often necessary to the process, and they tend to have a particularly low opinion engineers as clients (believe it or not, attorneys juuuuuust beat you out by a hair - for whatever that's worth.) :vulcan:

Yeah, it took me several years to come up with a good recipe. It seems so simple, but definitely takes some doing to get it right.

And, I do have to admit, this wasn't my best. The basil was getting a little "long in the ..., er ... leaf."

Basil-intolerant, perhaps? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.