What are you watching???

I'm just coming from watching the very last episode of the series "Dexter". Well, that was an eight-season-ride which I found overall very intriguing. The show has its flaws like characters who are extremely annoying (mostly Rita and Astor), but the stories and their developments were great and the acting really good. The only season I found a bit weaker was Season 7, it still had its moments though, and especially the last season was stunning. I don't really understand why so many people disliked the end, I'd even say it's one of the best endings of a complete show I've ever seen.

I'm just coming from watching the very last episode of the series "Dexter". Well, that was an eight-season-ride which I found overall very intriguing. The show has its flaws like characters who are extremely annoying (mostly Rita and Astor), but the stories and their developments were great and the acting really good. The only season I found a bit weaker was Season 7, it still had its moments though, and especially the last season was stunning. I don't really understand why so many people disliked the end, I'd even say it's one of the best endings of a complete show I've ever seen.

You know, a LOT of people were up in arms about that ending but it fit the character well. It was horribly sad but it fit for the world that "Dexter" had created; he wasn't going to get a happy ending. The best he could hope for was to not hurt anyone else.

Watching Infinity War.

So far it feels like Thanos Wins Movie.

There’s so many divergent threads it brings back Heroes memories.

I can see how those who follow Marvel religiously love it. For me it’s just a really fun movie with bad story cohesion and a masochist bent.

Finished the seventh season of NBC's ER, unlocked a couple of achievements for Lego Harry Potter Collection on my new used xbox one, and now I'm watching The Meg via HBO on Hulu.

You know, a LOT of people were up in arms about that ending but it fit the character well. It was horribly sad but it fit for the world that "Dexter" had created; he wasn't going to get a happy ending. The best he could hope for was to not hurt anyone else.

That's exactly what I thought. A happy ending would have felt so wrong for this show. The actual ending is emotional and sad, but also not too devastating. It's a somehow sad ending, but not a totally bad ending. To me it's actually nearly perfect in the show's context.

Rewatching the first season of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger via Hulu. I've got a ticket to see the two hour second season premiere this Tuesday at an Alamo Drafthouse in D/FW.

The third episode, 'Stained Glass', is playing now.

Just rewatched Star Trek Beyond. Its still a great. It sucks that the movie part of the franchise seems to have died off right after they finally produced a good film.

Just rewatched Star Trek Beyond. Its still a great. It sucks that the movie part of the franchise seems to have died off right after they finally produced a good film.

From what I read, its Paramount's own fault for not realizing that Chris Hemsworth has become a big star as Thor since his cameo in the '09 reboot and Chris Pine has become a star in his own right with Wonder Woman, Hell or High Water, and Into the Spider-Verse. They have become bigger names, and should get bigger paychecks for their work, and having them should draw more interest to the Star Trek franchise.

Though I think all three of the nuTrek films are pretty good, Beyond was fun to watch, as well, and even had a bit of detail I missed the first few times I watched it concerning the bad guys.

Up to the sixth episode, 'Funhouse Mirrors', of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger via Hulu.

American Gods.

What a fantastic episode! Ananzi's speech was brilliant, and the beginning -- with the story of the tech genius whose Dad wanted him to be a musician, not a computer programmer.

Just brilliantly done.

We have low standards for what qualifies as 'good film' now-a-days. :D

I know where I'm saying this but I think Star Trek needs to take a long break, kind of like Doctor Who did for 15 years (?). Maybe then they can figure out all the legal bullshit.

From what I read, its Paramount's own fault for not realizing that Chris Hemsworth has become a big star as Thor since his cameo in the '09 reboot and Chris Pine has become a star in his own right with Wonder Woman, Hell or High Water, and Into the Spider-Verse. They have become bigger names, and should get bigger paychecks for their work, and having them should draw more interest to the Star Trek franchise.

Yeah. As much as I like Hemsworth as Thor, he didn't need to come back as George Kirk. Paramont should have just scrapped that script/script idea and went with a film that didn't require a guest star that would require a huge paycheck, then they could have easily had Pine even with a pay raise. Instead, we're just not getting another film. Not wanting to drop a stupid story idea is a really stupid reason for a movie series to die. It didn't help that, from what I've read, Beyond's terrible marketing combined with into Darkness not being recieved well hurt its box office, which probably made another sequel less appealing anyway :sigh:

Anyway, on to what i'm watching, I've been rewatching Lost Season 1 because I want to watch the whole show (I dropped it after season 1 last time I tried). I'm enjoying it well enough, but am I the only one who doesn't care for most of the flashbacks? They're fine for the characters I really like, but when its a character I don't care about or actively dislike, like Sawyer, I usually just space out, do something else or even skip ahead. They have their place, but sometimes the flashbacks can really drag down an episode.

Last edited:
Back