What are you watching???

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by HaventGotALife, Feb 15, 2014.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just rewatched Star Trek Beyond. Its still a great. It sucks that the movie part of the franchise seems to have died off right after they finally produced a good film.

KimMH likes this.
  2. Kerock

Kerock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Field of Lost Shoes

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

From what I read, its Paramount's own fault for not realizing that Chris Hemsworth has become a big star as Thor since his cameo in the '09 reboot and Chris Pine has become a star in his own right with Wonder Woman, Hell or High Water, and Into the Spider-Verse. They have become bigger names, and should get bigger paychecks for their work, and having them should draw more interest to the Star Trek franchise.

Though I think all three of the nuTrek films are pretty good, Beyond was fun to watch, as well, and even had a bit of detail I missed the first few times I watched it concerning the bad guys.

Up to the sixth episode, 'Funhouse Mirrors', of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger via Hulu.

KimMH likes this.
  4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blueness Premium Member

American Gods.

What a fantastic episode! Ananzi's speech was brilliant, and the beginning -- with the story of the tech genius whose Dad wanted him to be a musician, not a computer programmer.

Just brilliantly done.

5. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

2-Mule team Burg. Formerly Zinn-zä-nätti o-HI-o
    it was good. problem was it did not last long, kinda like...Police Squad.

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watched the new series of Line of Duty last night. Tonight, catch up of Victoria and Supergirl.

7. oberth

oberth Captain Captain

hardly - police squad were six episodes, sports night two seasons with 45 episodes

Worf factor9 likes this.
  8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We have low standards for what qualifies as 'good film' now-a-days. :D

I know where I'm saying this but I think Star Trek needs to take a long break, kind of like Doctor Who did for 15 years (?). Maybe then they can figure out all the legal bullshit.

9. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. As much as I like Hemsworth as Thor, he didn't need to come back as George Kirk. Paramont should have just scrapped that script/script idea and went with a film that didn't require a guest star that would require a huge paycheck, then they could have easily had Pine even with a pay raise. Instead, we're just not getting another film. Not wanting to drop a stupid story idea is a really stupid reason for a movie series to die. It didn't help that, from what I've read, Beyond's terrible marketing combined with into Darkness not being recieved well hurt its box office, which probably made another sequel less appealing anyway :sigh:

Anyway, on to what i'm watching, I've been rewatching Lost Season 1 because I want to watch the whole show (I dropped it after season 1 last time I tried). I'm enjoying it well enough, but am I the only one who doesn't care for most of the flashbacks? They're fine for the characters I really like, but when its a character I don't care about or actively dislike, like Sawyer, I usually just space out, do something else or even skip ahead. They have their place, but sometimes the flashbacks can really drag down an episode.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  10. auntiehill

Hubby and I just watched the season 2 premiere of "Happy."

i think I need to go wash my soul now.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  11. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I went out to Dallas to watch the first two episodes of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger second season at the Alamo Drafthouse - Lake Highlands.

Last year, the event was two weeks before the series aired, I went to the Alamo Drafthouse in Houston for that. This year, it was just two days. Still, worth it. Enjoy that show quite a bit, and I bounced around downtown Dallas for a few hours this afternoon, being stupid tourist.

12. auntiehill

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

What We Do In the Shadows, episode 2.

14. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Just finished watching Hanna on AmazonPrime. I thought it was quite good; decent story, good writing and excellent acting/cast and very good production values. I highly recommend it. At only 8 episodes, not a huge time investment.

15. John Clark

I've got Hanna queued up, but there's a couple of other things on the list first.

For tonight, it's Flash and catching up with Counterpart.

16. Jim Klag

Jim Klag Commodore Premium Member

Wrath Of Khan is on BBC America right now.

od0_ital likes this.
  17. John Clark

Discovery at the moment, then Brooklyn Nine-Nine on catchup.

Tomorrow, Shazam (3d) at the dinema, and then probably make a start on the second season of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

18. Jim Klag

Jim Klag Commodore Premium Member

TOS episodes on BBC America. They are having a Spock-a-thon.

19. Jacob5245

Jacob5245 Ensign Newbie

I am watching made in abyss manga show. This is the best manga show and made in abyss manga is available at mangazuki.me. This is my favourite.

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

NBC's ER 'A River in Egypt', twelfth episode of the eighth season, via Hulu.